The birth of a true lightning mage.

Been looking into the new unique wand that just came out...

I'm thinking I want two of them. Thing is, biggest 'flaw' people have said about my build is that arc's crit chance is so low, thus i gain no power charges. And.... I keep telling them that I do build charges, and quickly. Having +150%~ crit chance from two of the wands would only help matters.

I am not going to rush out and BUY the wands or anything, unless i get a steal from someone who deems them worthless. See... unless I discharge, I am at 7 charges all the time anyway. Now, I will be setting down and crunching the numbers soon, and making my decision after that. On top of giving me more charges, more crit, and more damage, the wands give me mana and great cast speed for my spells. I don't see why I WOULDN't want two of these for my build.

Thanks you again GGG. You just released my 2 end-game wands. May the gods smile upon thee.

EDIT: After only a few minutes of thought, I think I would get ONE wand to TRY replacing my moonsorrow. Then I can test how much my damage actually drops. Thing is, I take my amulet off (+18%) spell damage, and I barely lose 3~4% of my damage. So I will do my best to obtain this wand, and do some hands-on testing with it. Will get back to you when I do.

ps: if anyone wants to give me a reasonable price on this wand, or to trade me for something like
, that would be lovely.

Last edited by RabidMonk on May 18, 2013, 9:01:23 PM
OK! Exalted the wand, optimized some passives. Gunna get the 25% chance not to be inturrupted, then its off to Blast Radius. Then (if I actually level past that point) will be HP dumps.

Passive Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBAcEswVbDkgPxBGWFE0WQBa_HRQfAilPLR82xTbpO3xDY0bXSVFMs03YUDBVxlj1WqZdxl3yXypgbWNDZk9mnme9bRlwUnDVcU12EX5Zfq9_xoFJgW-DOIV9iEKLjIx2jRmOZI9GkFWaz5uhnYCdo53EnjyiAKKjpwinXLI4tQS2-rcxuMrAGsBRwcXB88Ntz2XQ0Ngk2t3bXtzH3Yzd8-AS4XPjauOE5CLr5OwY7SDub-988h3z6vem-tL8qw==

OH! and got my alt 4L'd. W00t. Like.. 55/110 magic find, which is good for now. Exalting the one ring next.

Update on damage: Doing great damage. 1900 hp, 3500es, doing damn lovely. I don't have the dps of one of those quill rain explosive arrow guys.. buy hey. I do really silly damage, melting mobs in level 70 maps before they can even approach, while facetanking things if i feel like a LW in with 7 charges BOOM.

Gunna rewrite the beginning of this post (first post) with the old post contained within spoiler for sake of .... idk history. The rewrite will be after I get blast radius, optimize one more point near templar start, and finish off my rings. This will basically be a complete overview with values, paths, notes, etc on the build and the character. I will spend a lot of time on it (unlike this post here) and will take up a whole page damn near once I am done.

However, to get to that point, I will need to obtain level 80~81. This... as you all know, takes forever. So don't hold your breath! I will be there, but it may be a little while. Good thing I'm tanky and almost never die eh?

Last edited by RabidMonk on May 18, 2013, 9:10:23 PM

... Damn physical damage... oh well!

Saving up for a new unique wand. If any kind soul has one, would you kindly pm me?

Gear + gems updated. Will post the rewrite sometime when I'm done leveling, but for now leveling is slow. No one has been on lately, and neither have I. No worries, will get it done someday, when it feels right.

'

w00t w00t, bought a wand. Got 15% dmg increase. Still need to bless the damn things for another 6% spell damage (which will probably give me like..... 1~2% damage ^_^)

Is this a viable build for a first character?
I'm currently using a mix of a bow and one hand staff with shield xD
The great thing about this build is that it is easy, fun, cheap, and effective!

Status on 'guide': Done leveling. Going to do the major write-up in a new post, and I will link the two post together so people can look if they want. The write-up will include pretty much why and what on everything, and even a little bit more. Look forward to it soon!

~~~~~Guide Has Been Started~~~~~

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/405126
*Guide will be filled out slowly, as I find the time and energy.

It has begun. Will attempt to freeze this post if I can figure out how (or some kind mod reads this post)

Last edited by RabidMonk on Jun 4, 2013, 9:22:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info