Tempest Shield + Necromantic Aegis

"
Unavailable

It seems %qual adds increased lightning damage on a percentage basis. Of course, I may have that wrong as this is a level 2 gem, but I've got no spare scourings to drop it (nor am I interested in doing so; the level gap's only 3).

I wonder if that +lightning% is applicable to just the lightning damage done by the skill, or is applicable to all lightning dealt by the hero.

e.g.
Does an active +qual Tempest Shield aura increase damage caused by Lightning Strike attacks?
Make Elite IV:Dangerous happen!
Pledge your backing at KICKSTARTER!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
That's one heck of a old post of mine you dug up :P
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
TJJ wrote:
I wonder if that +lightning% is applicable to just the lightning damage done by the skill, or is applicable to all lightning dealt by the hero.

e.g.
Does an active +qual Tempest Shield aura increase damage caused by Lightning Strike attacks?

From my limited testing (obviously it'd be difficult to test every combination of skills) damage bonuses and other stats listed on skills, even ones from quality, affect only that skill. They don't even seem to affect other skills that are in a linked group with that skill.

So, for example, if you linked these two gems:
Unavailable
Unavailable

Cold snap doesn't gain 10% increased AoE radius and Ice Nova doesn't gain increased chance to freeze or chill/freeze duration.

It makes sense that this doesn't work, if you think about it, though it would throw some interesting (and very complicated) options into the mix if it did work.

As for whether the bonus on Tempest Shield works because it's an active skill, I doubt it. But it would not be that hard to test.

Edit: As it so happens, I have a 4% quality Tempest Shield. When activated, it didn't increase the listed damage of Lightning Warp.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
Last edited by UristMcDwarfy on Jul 4, 2012, 2:59:24 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"

Both Monopoly and I dug it up actually, since he asked me this in-game and I tried to use my forum-fu to get an answer.

I failed, but that's okay. :)
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
"
"

Both Monopoly and I dug it up actually, since he asked me this in-game and I tried to use my forum-fu to get an answer.

I failed, but that's okay. :)
I'd already posted on that thread before talking to ya, but you gave me the idea to post it in Beta GD, which resulted in a much quicker answer.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
I feel this combination needs some further looking at. I was planning a build around this combination based on the "Enchants your shield with the power of storms ..." seemed like it would add this to the shield.

I have necromantic aegis and still get the +4% block chance from tempest shield listed in my defensive stats. Its a bit glitchy though, sometimes when I quickly activate/deactivate tempest shield the shield glow remains when its off.

I'm with Qarl, I think the minions should get the buff.
"
art54napalm wrote:
I feel this combination needs some further looking at. I was planning a build around this combination based on the "Enchants your shield with the power of storms ..." seemed like it would add this to the shield.

I have necromantic aegis and still get the +4% block chance from tempest shield listed in my defensive stats. Its a bit glitchy though, sometimes when I quickly activate/deactivate tempest shield the shield glow remains when its off.

I think shield build needs some further looking. The shield mastery doesn't look attractive with the game focus more on offense.
"
markshiu wrote:
"
art54napalm wrote:

I think shield build needs some further looking. The shield mastery doesn't look attractive with the game focus more on offense.

Not around that skill, but I did plan to include it. and what if I could get my minions to crit lightning stun + elemental proliferation on block. I wouldn't mind having a support char like that.
Tempest shield + Necomantic Aegis need to be looked at further...., and have lightning passives effect it as well.
Where do we "currently" stand with NA & TS? Do the Buffs/Returned damage still not transfer to minions?
I'm BACK :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info