Tempest Shield + Necromantic Aegis

"
Qarl wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:
If I cast tempest shield, who gets the 10% block?

Currently, the 10% block does not pass to your Minions, and because you have no shield block, you don't get the 10% either.

What I really would like to have happen, is that if you cast Tempest Shield, and you have Necromantic Aegis, then your minions all get the effect.

There are a few code difficulties with it, and even if we implemented, we'd have to see how abusive it was before deciding to release into beta.

Another Tempest Shield + Necromantic Aegis question: does it currently work as I imagine it does, in that minions gain the ability to return lightning damage when they block attacks? Or, is it the same scenario as the block chance and passive shield nodes, in that they don't affect you or your minions? If not, are there plans to make it act the way I described (hopefully in 0.9.12)?

If Tempest Shield does affect minions at all, adding supports such as Elemental Proliferation should work too, correct? If not, what if Elemental Proliferation was added to the minion gem itself?

EDIT: The skill itself says it "Enchants your shield with the power of storms ..."
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Jul 4, 2012, 12:25:38 AM
"
Another Tempest Shield + Necromantic Aegis question: does it currently work as I imagine it does, in that minions gain the ability to return lightning damage when they block attacks? Or, is it the same scenario as the passive shield nodes, in that they don't affect you or your minions? If not, are there plans to make it act this way?
The tempest shield spell does two things:
1) Puts a buff on you that grants 10% additional block chance with shields.
2) Deals lightning damage to anything you block damage from.

If you have Necromantic Aegis, you won't benefit from the blocking buff because you're no longer using the shield. And since you won't block anything, no damage is dealt by the spell.
Thanks for the swift response! Is the skill intended to be this way?
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Jul 4, 2012, 12:26:45 AM
"
Thanks for the swift response! Is the skill intended to be this way?
Yes. It specifically affects you.
Alright, that clears that up. Thanks. :)

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The tempest shield spell does two things:
1) Puts a buff on you that grants 10% additional block chance with shields.
2) Deals lightning damage to anything you block damage from.

If you have Necromantic Aegis, you won't benefit from the blocking buff because you're no longer using the shield. And since you won't block anything, no damage is dealt by the spell.

10%? Sounds OP.
TehHammer is not a crime!
That's strange, my Tempest Shield says something completely different:

Unavailable

Unavailable

only 4%..

What does a Quality one adds? more block?
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
Last edited by xchokeholdx on Jul 4, 2012, 3:12:32 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I wish it was 10%...
A good game isn't about the graphics or how big it is. A good game is one that you play for hours yet seems like minutes.
Last edited by Wuzlo on Jul 4, 2012, 5:50:16 AM
It use to be 10%, back before it was a cast able timed buffed and didn't reserve 25% mana.
Unavailable

It seems %qual adds increased lightning damage on a percentage basis. Of course, I may have that wrong as this is a level 2 gem, but I've got no spare scourings to drop it (nor am I interested in doing so; the level gap's only 3).

Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Jul 4, 2012, 9:09:00 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info