/popcorn - the daily deals and microtransaction thread

"
Kundarin wrote:
So, am new to the game and would like to know what would be the best thing(s) to go for if you are going to spend any money AT ALL?

Get a supporter pack and buy stash tabs with the points you get from the pack. Also only buy stash tabs when they are on sale. Apart from that is all about cosmetics although you can probably check deals and just be patient for the ones you like. Also recommned NOT BUYING LOOT BOXES, you can get duplicates and can't do anything with them.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
Kundarin wrote:
So, am new to the game and would like to know what would be the best thing(s) to go for if you are going to spend any money AT ALL?

There’s real money purchases and then what you spend the points on.

The supporter packs can be expensive, but they’re the best value. You don’t have to decide now; you can buy points packs and upgrade later by spending the difference to receive the difference.

In terms of spending points: stash tabs, stash tabs, and more tabs for your stash. The currency tab has a nice layout and can store large amounts of each currency. Definitely worth a buy imo. Some people love quad tabs and others hate them, it’s a matter of personal preference. You definitely want at least one premium stash tab for a better trading experience.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Mar 16, 2018, 2:15:28 AM
i would personally buy a set of premium tabs, so you'll have 4 standard and 6 that you can use for trading

and then i'd buy a currency tab, they are very convenient
IRON MAN
Yep, will probably be spending SOME cash one day on this game just for the sake of... well, spending some.
And I will consider those tips yes as for the Tabs and the Stash and then some premium yes. Doesn´t mean much to me right as of now, since I am such an early Lvl. But I think I´ll see the benefits as I Level up and developing my Character too. Am only Lvl 23 so far.

Also been looking at some of the Packs having Pets included. Does these Pets only follow you around if you want them to and sits around in your hideout (which by the way am not having just quite yet) or do they actually also fight beside you? And is Pets ONLY obtainable through these MTXs, or is there a chance to get some other ways ingame?
What Dreggen said is true. You will eventually (if you don't wash out before you reach act II... hard to fathom Chris stating in a podcast a couple years back that 50% of new players were/are quitting before act II, but those are the stats) easily acquire much more gear than could ever fit into a measly 4 stash tabs so at some point if you decide to play long term and ride the PoE merry-go-round for years then buying a premium 6 pack of stash tabs and the currency tab is a necessity. If you are a filthy rotten hoarder of all uniques like me:
Spoiler

and that's just the weapons in my stash plus 15 more unique tabs of gear plus 2 dozen builds with unique gear... yikes!

then quad stash tabs are the way to go. The dirty little secret well complained about change GGG did many years ago was to activate new tabs in standard by randomly taking a "remove-only" stash tab from a previous challenge league and convert it to a regular full use tab. Sounds innocent enough but... hey wait a dog gone minute GGG... the "remove-only" tab you rng chose to convert had all my gear that I had consolidated down into at the end of the challenge league (to minimize quantity of tabs that migrate to standard and become RO) and that one was 98% full so I just paid for a premium stash tab and only got 2% new storage space. That's a huge ripoff. Great from GGG's viewpoint, just buy more tabs until all RO are converted to normal and then any more new tabs are added at the end, but that fucks all players. But thankfully a quad stash tab cannot take 4 remove-only tabs and move them into it when activated so it's added at the end and always 100% empty (Yay!).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Mar 16, 2018, 4:46:14 PM
I'd say that currency and map tabs are mandatory, as in I wouldn't play the game without them anymore. Add a set of premium tabs and you're pretty much set. Everything else is optional.
Thx for the tips. Think I go for the Stash Tab, and then next probably the Stash Tab, and then I go for the Currency I think. After that I will wait and see what pops up ingame of stuff. Or maybe I go for a pet if getting too lonely out there.
And the Pet came sooner then I ever thought possible. Now the owner of the Cherub one.
decorations

Spoiler

Atlas Table Decoration
Atlas Table Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds an Atlas Table to your personal Hideout.
Rain Decoration
Rain Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds a torrent of pouring rain to your personal Hideout.
Malachai Heart Decoration
Malachai Heart Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds a Malachai Heart to your personal Hideout
Blood Rain Decoration
Blood Rain Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds Blood Rain to your personal Hideout.
Arcane Flame Decoration
Arcane Flame Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds an Arcane Flame decoration to your personal Hideout.
Lightning Coil Decoration
Lightning Coil Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds a Lightning Coil decoration to your personal Hideout.
Solaris Throne Decoration
Solaris Throne Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds a Solaris throne to your personal Hideout.
Verdant Throne Decoration
Verdant Throne Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds a verdant throne to your personal Hideout.
Infernal Throne Decoration
Infernal Throne Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds an infernal throne to your personal Hideout.
Arcane Throne Decoration
Arcane Throne Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds an arcane throne to your personal Hideout.
Vaal Vessel Decoration
Vaal Vessel Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds a corrupted Vaal Vessel to your personal Hideout.
Wisp Swarm Decoration
Wisp Swarm Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds a swarm of Wisps to your personal Hideout.
Cauldron Decoration
Cauldron Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds a boiling cauldron to your personal Hideout.
Vaal Pyramid Decoration
Vaal Pyramid Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds a replica of the Vaal Pyramid to your personal Hideout.
Transformer Decoration
Transformer Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds a surging transformer to your personal Hideout.
Brutus' Cradle Decoration
Brutus' Cradle Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds Brutus' cradle to your personal Hideout.
Whale Skeleton Decoration
Whale Skeleton Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds a large whale skeleton to your personal Hideout.
Energy Dome Decoration
Energy Dome Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds a dome of magical energy to your personal Hideout.
Fireplace Decoration
Fireplace Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds a warm and restful fireplace to your personal Hideout.
Catapult Decoration
Catapult Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds an intimidating catapult to your personal Hideout.
Sacrificial Shrine Decoration
Sacrificial Shrine Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds a sacrificial shrine to your personal Hideout.
Impaling Spikes Decoration
Impaling Spikes Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds a gory impaling spike to your personal Hideout.
Falling Leaves Decoration
Falling Leaves Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds slowly falling forest leaves to your personal Hideout.
Wide Light Beam Decoration
Wide Light Beam Decoration
Preview
Add to Watchlist
Adds a luminous beam of light to your personal Hideout.
IRON MAN
"
IIPheXII wrote:
"
Kundarin wrote:

Get a supporter pack and buy stash tabs with the points you get from the pack. Also only buy stash tabs when they are on sale. Apart from that is all about cosmetics although you can probably check deals and just be patient for the ones you like. Also recommned NOT BUYING LOOT BOXES, you can get duplicates and can't do anything with them.

Support packs are good except... OOPS... damn... Bestiary is abomimation and is LAGitty league so you really should wait until you play a challenge league you really like before buying supporter pack.

With that said you should definitely buy a currency stash tab. Look at the pets and their video clips to see if anything is to your liking. I have a Kiwi pet that is cute and has survived everything in Wraeclast and Oriath for 5+ years now (it's a miracle... or maybe it's the Kiwi Chow I feed it) but that was a CB pet only. Owning a pet is fun and keeps you from getting lonely. Beyond that it's only a matter of time (if you do survive being thrown into the deep end playing PoE with little guidance) that a stash tab bundle will be needed (wait until sale every 3 weeks). While GGG finally added some help they rely on the GamePedia PoE wiki and since it's player supported and updated it is incomplete. Any other mtx is purely your own choice but I believe in not supporting when league mechanics are bad or flat out don't work well.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info