/popcorn - the daily deals and microtransaction thread

"
Dreggon wrote:
Lightning Weapon effect 33% off - 180 points.

Overbearing effect, sadly.

Agreed; why not offer a toned-down effect for those of us who prefer a "dark, gritty and realistic" world ?
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
"
OldeSchool wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:

Agreed; why not offer a toned-down effect for those of us who prefer a "dark, gritty and realistic" world ?

Well, I think that Crimson/Azure/Turquoise are actually "toned down effects".
"
PureLaine wrote:
"
OldeSchool wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:

Well, I think that Crimson/Azure/Turquoise are actually "toned down effects".

True, but none of those do a good job of representing "Lightning"; what I'd like to see is a toned-down version of some of these over-the-top elemental weapon effects. It'd be nice to have an option for wielding a lightning or fire-enchanted weapon without looking like you're carrying a Tesla Coil or blowtorch.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
Skull Hood helmet effect 35% off - 130 points.

I feel this effect is more "hood" than "skull". Your mileage may vary!
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:

Can anyone tell me if this is one of the "base" cosmetics, like DKH or if this is one of those you apply on top of other?
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira
"
NCPereira wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:

Can anyone tell me if this is one of the "base" cosmetics, like DKH or if this is one of those you apply on top of other?

The Skull Hood is a base replacement-type - it replaces the appearance of your helmet with the Skull Hood model, as opposed to something like the Aureate Halo which applies an effect to your original helmet model.

Check the store page - if it says "Imbues a piece of headgear to look like..." then it's a model replacement. If it says "Imbues a piece of headgear with..." then it's added on top of the base model. Note that these two types can stack with each other, so you can have Aureate Halo on a Skull Hood.
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:
"
NCPereira wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:

The Skull Hood is a base replacement-type - it replaces the appearance of your helmet with the Skull Hood model, as opposed to something like the Aureate Halo which applies an effect to your original helmet model.

Check the store page - if it says "Imbues a piece of headgear to look like..." then it's a model replacement. If it says "Imbues a piece of headgear with..." then it's added on top of the base model. Note that these two types can stack with each other, so you can have Aureate Halo on a Skull Hood.

I see. Thank you. The other day I bought those Deer Horns, the simple ones, thinking it would be a base effect (like the DKH) and got burned :C
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira
"
NCPereira wrote:
I see. Thank you. The other day I bought those Deer Horns, the simple ones, thinking it would be a base effect (like the DKH) and got burned :C

Looking at the wording of Demon King Horns, DKH should only be applied as an addition to the helmet rather than replacing it. Although considering the size, it wouldn't be noticeable.

Is anyone able to confirm this for me?
IRON MAN
Ferret Pet 50% off - 75 points.
IRON MAN
I'm really disappointed in the micro transaction art. I love the hood but hate the skull part. A half skull would have looked better. Someone needs to fire the art department.

Many items are way over done or reduce the feel of the game. Again I love the 'Black hood' but remove the skull. I love the lighting weapon affects, but it overpowers my my bow/character's look. I would love some color changes or metal coloring skins to change armor looks. I would love my Ranger with all black/dark gray hood, chest, pants.

-I metal face skull mask with ruby eyes, etc and skins where you could change the metal color would sell.
-Sell precious stones for eye color skins. Ruby, etc etc.
-Capes, pants, amulets, necklaces. bling rings, I would love a Cross necklace I could skin metal color.
-How about some cool looking companions. A shadow warrior ninja, demon, or angle.
As long as they are not over done I think it item like this could still not ruin the game feel.

I would love to spend money, but there is nothing worth buying or wearing for that matter. Make some decent looking skins!!!
Last edited by Bushido74 on Sep 23, 2013, 3:56:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info