/popcorn - the daily deals and microtransaction thread

I think GGG is aware of the Daily Deal history. Last date of sale is not something they pay attention to, much to the chagrin of those among us who rely on the Daily Deal history to predict the future.

They just want to put deals on the items they think will sell the most.
Hussar Wings 50% off - 90 points.
IRON MAN
"
Samwell_Tarly wrote:
I think GGG is aware of the Daily Deal history. Last date of sale is not something they pay attention to, much to the chagrin of those among us who rely on the Daily Deal history to predict the future.

Maybe GGG uses RNGesus to decide what item to put on sale.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Samwell_Tarly wrote:

Maybe GGG uses RNGesus to decide what item to put on sale.

They delight in tormenting us! As Piety would toy with her prey.

Hussar Wings was on sale on April the 27th (even though the wiki mistakenly says Soul Nexus Clarity). I know this, because I was there T_T

Seraph Spectral Throw 42% off - 55 points.

I remember buying one of these even though I don't have any spectral throwers. I wonder if it's getting a buff.
IRON MAN
 I have a level 87 Scion LMP ST, DS and a Decoy totem + Haste + Hatred auras for offence, Reposte + Vengeance + a cast on damage taken frost wall plus the usual curses for defence. The ST and DS work very well because of this weapon:

Without this weapon and grabbing all the axe passives on the left side of the tree and Iron Grip keystone the ST would not melt the white mobs away and also make short work of the blues. For single yellow and bosses/champions/rogues (the ones that are safe to face tank) I use my speedy DS (.24 secs) for super fast over 17,000 dps and that is a fantastic way to take them out (of course not all champions, bosses, rogues, etc. can ever be face tanked safely and some I have to bypass as they are one-shot death traps). Other gear that is great is:

The cap provides a huge resist boost and the amulet gives me the life leech I need (plus more resists and attributes) to keep attacking the mobs so I can run the maps quickly (only RNGesus knows how many daily missions and map runs I'll need to do to get to level 88... it's just exile zombifyingly boring though). The Extra Gore with the amulet provides very nice visual effects (none of my other builds ever had it).

So if ST is getting a boost then that is going to be a very sweet 4th of July for me (assuming GGG can stay on their late June to early July release date estimate). Please GGG, for the love of RNGesus don't nerf this! Think of the children exiles. This build is "working as intended" and is perfect. No way I'll be getting to 100 any time soon but with this firepower it's a blast to play it.
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

Last edited by Arrowneous on May 22, 2015, 8:23:20 AM
"
Samwell_Tarly wrote:

Hussar Wings was on sale on April the 27th (even though the wiki mistakenly says Soul Nexus Clarity). I know this, because I was there T_T

I looked back on page 201 and it's unclear what the daily sale was. If it is Hussar Wings then I can change both the spreadsheet and the PoE wiki to correct it. Dreggon didn't post clearly as he usually does as to what that days sale was and that was one of the few days I was so busy I didn't get a chance to update the spreadsheet so I need a clarification here. Thanks.

"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Samwell_Tarly wrote:

I looked back on page 201 and it's unclear what the daily sale was. If it is Hussar Wings then I can change both the spreadsheet and the PoE wiki to correct it. Dreggon didn't post clearly as he usually does as to what that days sale was and that was one of the few days I was so busy I didn't get a chance to update the spreadsheet so I need a clarification here. Thanks.

I'm grateful for everything you and Dreggon do with updating the thread and the wiki.

That day GGG briefly had 2 sales going at the same time so it was a bit confusing, so it's no biggie.

Here's a post from another member that confirms that on April 27th, Hussar Wings was on sale.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/363947/page/201#p10537393

I think he even bought it that day.

-So on April 26th, Seraph Weapon effect was on all day.
-On April 26th, Hussar Wings was also on briefly at the same time as Seraph Weapon, then removed
-On April 27th, Hussar Wings was the only cosmetic effect on sale
Last edited by Samwell_Tarly on May 22, 2015, 8:55:39 AM
Sometimes they post a deal then change it later in the day, sometimes they'll even change it back, other times they end a deal early, or not post a deal for several hours so I go to bed before it goes live, which makes it a bit tricky to keep track. Today's update was 4 minutes after the deal went live (at the correct time) so if you can find the 24 hour deal window it should be possible to work out what the deal was.
IRON MAN
Bought my supported pack 2 weeks ago hoping for a stash tab/premium stash tab bundles.
No stash tabs yet :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info