/popcorn - the daily deals and microtransaction thread

YAY! waiting was worth it.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Yes ! Finally ! I am so inexplicably happy. Only thing that saddens me is that my points are slowly vanishing and i cant replenish them right now. But hey, i get a cool MTX !
Last edited by Shadowness_ on Jun 28, 2014, 3:31:53 AM
Tentacle Wings 21% off - 275 points.
IRON MAN
What does mtx mean?
"
kompaniet wrote:
What does mtx mean?

microtransaction
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"
peachii wrote:
YAY! waiting was worth it.

Wait... You like those gaudy ugly wings? It's not Redbull wings to give you extra stamina and you can't fly so at that high of price what's the value?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Seraph Pack 30% off - 280 points.

I think GGG should manage their sales a bit more carefully - putting high-price microtransactions on sale too frequently seems like it would deter early buyers!
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:
Seraph Pack 30% off - 280 points.

I think GGG should manage their sales a bit more carefully - putting high-price microtransactions on sale too frequently seems like it would deter early buyers!

Yes, it was just on sale on May 17th. I just got up so am I not thinking clearly yet (ahhh, just handed a cup of coffee, yeah, that's the ticket) but according to GGG you save 280. Adding up the items separately equals 520 points so the 280 set sale is indeed 240 points off. That comes out to 46.15% savings. Also did the math on my HP41CV calculator which has a very handy % change function and it comes up with 46.15%.

GGG is discounting the set more this time around. Hmm... Are the armor sets not selling too well? Are the players who are still riding the PoE merry-go-round (haven't quit yet from too much unique trash or grind burnout) not buying as much of the high priced gear? Has PoE peaked in popularity and is now waning and revenues are down? Is GGG suffering financially or is there a Daddy Warbucks keeping them afloat? Am I not awake yet and wildly off-base and should take off my aluminum foil hat (who has tin foil)? Is there anything floating around in the GGG rumor mill winds?

Edit: in the Too much unique trash dept.
This dropped from a blue mob in Lunaris Temple with my level 69 ranger today:

The more PoE increases in patches the more unique trash is foisted on us. Sigh! :(
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jun 29, 2014, 10:22:17 PM
Nah apparently the armour sets sell really well so I guess they want to promote more sales of it.
IRON MAN
Serrated Mohawk helmet effect 38% off - 55 points.
IRON MAN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info