0.10.8 Information and Race Updates

GGG, just STOP everything you are doing and focus on improving the synchronization instead... The game is very frustrating at this state. It is such a waste.
IGN: Reynold_Hawke
"
ampdecay wrote:
"
turn puncture into a support gem,

increase phys damage on bleed VASTLY. 50-100%
make it stackable on hit (max 250-300%)
also, i dont know if this is the case put bleeding ignores armor.

I dont know since I dont use it but make the bleeding damage contribute to phys health regen on damage.

there, physical melee has just been vastly improved.

It would be too op, all I'd have to do is link it to cyclone and just watch everything bleed to death as they chase me around.

how would that be overpowered? ranged and casters at their top tier can kill enemies nearly instantaneously. And bleeding stacks on 1 hit damage, not dps damage (i think, i'm not sure about this). But still, thats the point, physical melee is so neutered compared to other damage that it needs a way to be buffed. making bleeding, armor piercing mods more viable is one of the ways to remedy this handicap. We are the ones with higher risk so we should be able to do just as much and as fast damage as they can do
IGN: Visciious
"

how would that be overpowered? ranged and casters at their top tier can kill enemies nearly instantaneously. And bleeding stacks on 1 hit damage, not dps damage (i think, i'm not sure about this). But still, thats the point, physical melee is so neutered compared to other damage that it needs a way to be buffed. making bleeding, armor piercing mods more viable is one of the ways to remedy this handicap. We are the ones with higher risk so we should be able to do just as much and as fast damage as they can do

I think it would only be OP with cyclone because bleeding damage increases as you move instead of being stationary, so while I cyclone around everything would be bleeding and chasing me taking even more damaged.

But you are right, OP ranged builds are powerful.

And I'm not saying I wouldn't like having this, I would love seeing the blood flying everywhere :D

S L O W E R
ha desynch not metnioned in the patch what a surprise!

another fail patch than thx a lot :p
IGN: Bluntexile
Looking forward to the discharge rebalance!
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
"
Bluntexile wrote:
ha desynch not metnioned in the patch what a surprise!

another fail patch than thx a lot :p

would it make you feel better if Chris added "Also I've been working on desync" at the end of every patch notes

:p
S L O W E R
I have a recommendation for GGG to consider that I think will improve player base and ultimately the support of this game. I feel the majority of late game players have expressed frustrations about accessing end - end game content. Meaning, they wish to play the hardest and highest level of maps, however sustaining the content is an issue. While I do believe that it is not intended to for players to be able to continually grind level 77 maps, I also feel that a player should be able to do them, if their character is capable, without an extremely frustrating and heavy investment into grinding toward the chance.
My recommendation is indeed related to past games I have played, but if it works...it works. Anyway, would allowing players to do a level 77 map on a timer of 12 or 24 hours be a stretch? I feel this would aid in scratching the hardcore gamer "itch" to run the end game map consistently and cater to a larger, casual gamer audience that wishes to attempt this content from time to time. Personally, looking forward to being able to run the highest level content once and a while with friends was always exciting for me to plan and I looked forward to it. I do not feel maps of any kind should drop during these runs, but I do feel the rewards should be high to keep the excitement going. These maps could and should be with high reward and high risk with some difficult prefix/suffix. Players could decided to try them or have the option to pass and wait until the next random difficulty comes about. Finally, regarding the reward I feel as though they should have high % quality and % rarity as well. Nothing that guarantees drops, but reward players for reaching the point in the game that they can handle very difficult content. For the record, I doubt my character could handle what I am explaining...yet. As it is now, I feel like in order for me to conquer this game I could simply roll character after character and maybe a mirror would drop and I could incur great wealth to build powerful characters, which is not that exciting to me. Another thing to note, players of course can do the maps together, but they cannot share and do theirs w/o having to wait out another timer. Once completed, either with a group or alone, the timer starts over. Lastly, I understand this is a bit of a complex idea and does require increased content so please consider supporting riot so that our ideas may come alive in the near future. I do think the feeling of a community created game may exist, but we should understand "shit ain't free" and GGG needs support to pay highly skilled workers to create and implement.
"
Anathros wrote:
Rebalancing every skill in the game...this sounds promising! If you want my opinion Puncture should be a Support skill and Freeze Mine should be a Freeze Trap ...

Ya I'm also interested in these.

Freeze Mine esp.
SSF since ~OB
"
deathmongoose wrote:
My lvl89 hc caracter just died yesterday because of a massive desynch. My fault I couldn't leave the game fast enough. Doesn't change the fact that being forced to leave games because desynchs isn't fun. I will maybe play a few minutes here and there when I am totally bored, but I won't be able to seriously play POE again until desynch is fixed.

89? you mean 81? oh okay. http://poestatistics.com/users/deathmongoose/eklittlefucker.html
"
Minzy wrote:
Have the massive lag spikes that kill off HC characters been fixed yet? No? Shocking. Bye.

EDIT: Follow up after seeing other posts. Saying "I don't know why you complain about desync, all that ever happens to me is a slight desync and I'm fine" is completely ridiculous. I've had some desyncs that are just awful, I'm three rooms away and get teleported back and die instantly. Those types of desync I know about, can minimize, and when I die to them I rage a bit and move on. My last character I killed every single monkey on the screen, and then they all came back to life and instantly killed me, there was LITERALLY nothing I could do to prevent this/survive. I want to play PoE, I really do. And when the MASSIVE desync/lag problem is fixed, I can't wait to play again. I'll play the one month race casually, but otherwise I'm done. I enjoyed the game in alpha, and was excited for "permanent" characters. In reality no characters are truly permanent right now. If you're a HC player, desync/lag is hungry, and one day it will eat you. Peace out.

Totally agree with this, tired of desync. Meanwhile... lets get on with the one month race

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info