6L 1H Items ?

"
BlazeSTX wrote:
Playing PoE is not more serious thing.
It is pointless.
Why shall anyone care for items when they are now here and then gone ?!
The game become junk, even lower than junk.

If you're poor, just say so.

Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.
Posting in a legendary thread.
Im sorry but the only actual words I have to say to someone like you come in league of legends terms and as far as I know those are no no words so I will not say them. Glad you lost the mirrors.
Degenerate behaviour, respect yourself more.
"
LXLN1CHOLAS wrote:
"
zzang wrote:
"
Endayk wrote:
Meanwhile i check the trade and I still see 6l squires to sell them....what is this?

I figured its some kind of caching effect. People will see the items on the trade website with 6 sockets but ingame they will only have the intended maximum sockets.

Nah, GGG implemented lazy loading. Basically all items will exist with non-intended amount of sockets until you try to use them. This is to avoid checking the entire database at once. For example if you have the item in a stash tab until you try to use that stash tab it will have whatever number of sockets you got and when you try to open and check it will change to intended amount. If it is in you char/mouse it will be reverted automatically since it was checked as soon as you log in. If it is in your weapon swap it will only be changed when you swap your weapon.

This description of an implementation does not match what im seeing.
I got reports from friends where their 3 socket item shows up on the trade website as 6 socket but they are online and can clearly see its only 3 sockets despite loging on and off multiple times.
LMAO!
This dude bro...
"
zzang wrote:

This description of an implementation does not match what im seeing.
I got reports from friends where their 3 socket item shows up on the trade website as 6 socket but they are online and can clearly see its only 3 sockets despite loging on and off multiple times.

the search results have cached version of it. most probably the refresh on socketes has been done in a low level action, not with entire pipeline that is fired when you use an orb on item. it is cheaper that way and prevents any unintended side effects for a change that clearly has been made in a rush on a LIVE data.

if you have to do such thing a) requires 212 ballsofsteel b) you do ABSOLUTE minimum c) prepare for shitstorm because actions are difficult to revert without either cost or performance impact

i presume this search result will refresh if they move item between tabs or equip/unequip it to trigger full refresh

login/logout shouldnt matter here. if you do 'live search' you wont get results from people that listed this item, went offline and now logged in again. such item wont show up as a 'fresh' item. but throw a chrome on it and here you go 'listed a moment ago'
The fact that you spent 2 mirrors on a wand means you knew how broken it was, and thus deserves to lose them...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info