6L 1H Items ?

What just happend? I sold all my items to bought a 6l squire, and I join the game...and im fucked! Meanwhile i check the trade and I still see 6l squires to sell them....what is this?

Where are my divines???
"
Endayk wrote:
Meanwhile i check the trade and I still see 6l squires to sell them....what is this?

I figured its some kind of caching effect. People will see the items on the trade website with 6 sockets but ingame they will only have the intended maximum sockets.
Last edited by zzang on May 7, 2024, 2:11:30 PM
"
zzang wrote:
"
Endayk wrote:
Meanwhile i check the trade and I still see 6l squires to sell them....what is this?

I figured its some kind of caching effect. People will see the items on the trade website with 6 sockets but ingame they will only have the intended maximum sockets.

Nah, GGG implemented lazy loading. Basically all items will exist with non-intended amount of sockets until you try to use them. This is to avoid checking the entire database at once. For example if you have the item in a stash tab until you try to use that stash tab it will have whatever number of sockets you got and when you try to open and check it will change to intended amount. If it is in you char/mouse it will be reverted automatically since it was checked as soon as you log in. If it is in your weapon swap it will only be changed when you swap your weapon.
There are still 257 listings of "shield" category items with 4 sockets or more. Five 6L squires are listed, many dawnbreakers, saffel's frames, AA's etc.

Idk how many 1 handed with 4+ sockets, possibly that many or more.

I guess you can buy that and put it on your hideout display curio, as a relic reminder of one of the worst bugs to ever grace this game. Shouldn't lose the sockets that way and i would actually buy a display curio for my ho to place a 6L kaom or 6L squire there xD not paying mirrors of hard currency for this shit tho lol

if you buy these items to simply cheat and have an advantage - well, get rekt noob.
"
Esubane wrote:
There are still 257 listings of "shield" category items with 4 sockets or more. Five 6L squires are listed, many dawnbreakers, saffel's frames, AA's etc.

Idk how many 1 handed with 4+ sockets, possibly that many or more.

I guess you can buy that and put it on your hideout display curio, as a relic reminder of one of the worst bugs to ever grace this game. Shouldn't lose the sockets that way and i would actually buy a display curio for my ho to place a 6L kaom or 6L squire there xD not paying mirrors of hard currency for this shit tho lol

if you buy these items to simply cheat and have an advantage - well, get rekt noob.

Database uses a capture basically; The VERY moment they leave a location or logout the sockets are then reverted.

You can't hide the items regardless of what you do lol hell friends tried doing a gift wrap nope nothing worked.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on May 7, 2024, 4:07:23 PM
Playing PoE is not more serious thing.
It is pointless.
Why shall anyone care for items when they are now here and then gone ?!
The game become junk, even lower than junk.
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
"
BlazeSTX wrote:
Playing PoE is not more serious thing.
It is pointless.
Why shall anyone care for items when they are now here and then gone ?!
The game become junk, even lower than junk.

Naaaa it's still fun. And the best Action RPG on the market by a country mile.

I had a fair share of fun, now i'm quitting and playing other games like i always do after a certain amount of time.

It wasn't a good league though. Never saw this many exploits and "clever use of game mechanics" strategies that cumulatively did a lot of damage to softcore trade economy.

-Graveyard crafting got overbuffed and ended up being stronger than OG Harvest - albeit clunky to use, thus easy mirror-tier rares aren't that rampant.

-T17 maps were overbuffed as well. They have more quant and pack size than any eight-mod T16 map ever will, they really don't need additional reward multiplier on top of this. Especially if it can scale to silly levels with back to basics. I had 600% quant maps with 600% more scarabs multiplier. It was nuts. Way more nuts than big gilded / winged scarab bombs from Affliction league.

This league is a showcase of this game's problems with MULTIPLIERS. There are too many of them in just about any venue. Damage, monster life, rewards. You have too many variables multiplying off eachother, scaling way past your intended levels. Nobody in GGG team intented affliction abyss strat to drop 15 000 uniques in a single map or t17 meatsack strat to print even more t0 uniques than affliction did. Multipliers are out of control.
"I paid a lot of money for this crack, why did the police seize it???"
This is some legendary dumbassery

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info