Melee enjoyers?

"
Baharoth15 wrote:
That's pretty rich coming from you, i vividly remember you doing the exact same thing every time i brought up ubers or simulacrum.

You need to elaborate on this, because I have no idea what you are talking about.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
So you mean ubers? WHo cares about ubers, its shit content anyway.

People wanting to do ubers care about ubers - and all archetypes should be on the table for those people. What YOU feel about ubers should be irrelevant to a discussion about balance.

Uber are pinnacle content. Should pinnacle content, the hardest of hardest be clearable on any build? I dont think so.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
Heretic, melee is bad. The POE2 dev said so so it must be the truth.

Founding member and one of the lead contributors to PoE1 until assigned to technical director for PoE2. He detailed issues with melee that confirmed people's complaints and added context from a developmental standpoint about why even just working on melee is substantially more difficult.

You don't need to pretend like he's an outsider who was hired exclusively to work on PoE2.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Since Jan 2013 melee has been the only way I can play PoE, outside of affliction of course. Everything else feels flimsy and weightless. Like a driving sim with no feedback in the steering wheel. I don't like to flick colours and off-screen thousands of mobs. Nor somehow fire 15-50 arrows at a time and achieve the same thing.

Even now with my SST armour stacker it feels like shit. Can run void t17s but it's not melee. I play maybe an hour a week now. All those mirrors spent and I don't even like the build lol.

"
Sameen_Shaw wrote:

you can check my str stacker. Its not super tanky per say, but it does not die in t16s at all and I brought it to 640 delve. I play it only because I wanted to play EQ nothing else.

You don't even need original sin for basic strength stacker to clear t16s, but it helps to bring it from 10m to 40m+ easily. I played it from day3 for like 2 weeks and got bored by this league and got way too much work irl atm. Upgrade path would obviously be better ammy + original sin + replica alberons, but whats the point?
Dude, you have Mageblood and a Helical Ring. That's over 160 divines in 2 items.
It is bad, even if you find success with it, you're slower and putting your self in more danger.
I don't understand why people point out how they're able to do X Y and Z as melee. No one doubts you, it's bad comparatively speaking.

160 divines just to be 4x slower than any caster or ranged. I mean...ugh.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Apr 25, 2024, 8:26:21 PM
"
It is bad, even if you find success with it, you're slower and putting your self in more danger.
I don't understand why people point out how they're able to do X Y and Z as melee. No one doubts you, it's bad comparatively speaking.

This kind of reductionism is what fuels the people who seem to exist to undermine the legitimate complaints people have about melee.

Is Flicker strike slower? Melee has fortify which ranged toons don't and we also can have block which archers can't.

People are pointing out the good because they want the discussion to be in good faith. Not a whinge fest. If you want to draw comparisons, then do so. Just saying it's bad doesn't add anything.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
"

This kind of reductionism is what fuels the people who seem to exist to undermine the legitimate complaints people have about melee.

Is Flicker strike slower? Melee has fortify which ranged toons don't and we also can have block which archers can't.

People are pointing out the good because they want the discussion to be in good faith. Not a whinge fest. If you want to draw comparisons, then do so. Just saying it's bad doesn't add anything.

It's bad.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
Heretic, melee is bad. The POE2 dev said so so it must be the truth.

Founding member and one of the lead contributors to PoE1 until assigned to technical director for PoE2. He detailed issues with melee that confirmed people's complaints and added context from a developmental standpoint about why even just working on melee is substantially more difficult.

You don't need to pretend like he's an outsider who was hired exclusively to work on PoE2.

According to him melee is bad because of animation issues. That's so far out of it that i can't really take him seriously. Sure it's a bit clunky early on in the campaign, especially the skills with 70% base attack speed, but as far as melee issues go, that's far on the low priority side. They should fix those shitty totems and stop making good melee weapons cost 50+ div and shit like that. Would be way more helpful than different animations.

Not to mention his comment that ranged classes need more dps because they are in more danger like wtf? The cases where ranged classes are in more danger are because people use being ranged as an excuse to play glass cannons. They could just go full tank like any melee build if they wanted to. It's one of POEs fundamental issues that every class can do everything which makes it so hard to buff melee defense without casters abusing it for themselves.

Founding member or not, the stuff he says doesn't make me have any faith in his qualifications and i am honestly glad that he has no say in POE matters.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Apr 26, 2024, 1:51:44 AM
"

Not everyone constanly comnpares themselves to others. Its not a race. Its a game you play for fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info