Trans gems in SSF are WAY too hard to get.

Farming a mageblood, HH, or other chase items I get. But I've spent an entire DAY farming lab to get a transfigured gem. An entire day - for a level 1 gem. Still don't have it. I have about 45 other t-gems, but not the one I want.

At this point I'm hate-playing. There will be not feeling of accomplishment when I get the gem I want. It will be anger - that it took so frikkin long to get a simple gem that may or may not even be good. Not to mention going through the campaign again.

SSF should have automatic same-gem-to-transfigured-version crafts on every lab. In trade, I can run a map or two and in 5 min have enough currency to buy the gem I want...in SSF, i'm going on 8+ hours and nada. This seems broken - in a very bad way.

I think I need to take a break.
Last bumped on Apr 22, 2024, 11:48:13 AM
No you chose to play that mode.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Yeah, I did. That has nothing to do with whether the t-gem grind time makes sense.
Oh yes it does; It's like that because it's made for TRADING that's the entire point of WHY it's like that.

SSF isn't balenced around trade you're basically handicapping yourself BECAUSE you chose that node. They're not going to change that because you chose to play that mode lmao
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
No you chose to play that mode.

100% this.

Playing SSF is your choice.

Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.
It's amazing how you continue to miss the point. This is a suggestion forum. My suggestion is to make trans gems more accessible in SSF. I have no problem with the other limitations in ssf - Ive played it many times as well as trade. but the t gems stands out to me as not making sense.

GGG isn't perfect. They've added countless QOL changes to previous mechanics and buffed/nerfed the current league multiple times. Why? Because they didn't get it right. And this doesn't feel right to me - it makes no sense that they collectively thought that it should take more time to get a specific t-gem than it takes to get a second character through the whole campaign.

A simple change like getting a frag every final Izaro kill that let you buy a any t gem after you had 5 or 10 frags would make total sense and be welcomed by 99% of the player base. In SSF AND in trade.

And yeah, they do make changes based on feedback.

Feel free to troll some more - it's more amusing than me spending more hours in lab.
Yeah? Your suggestion doesn't work do you know why? CAUSE IT WAS MADE FOR TRADE. Sorry they're not going to change it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Apr 21, 2024, 7:03:45 PM
What was made for trade?
Last edited by Moore_Cowbell on Apr 21, 2024, 7:06:57 PM
The growing pile of labyrinth dicerolls for the gems is terrible, I agree.

This "it was made for trading" stuff is waffle. It's saying nothing. The gems being tradeable, and holding some desired value in trading, doesn't require them to be given out in this specific way by the game.

Simplistic example for demonstration: if it's for whatever reason desirable that some item holds a trade value of at least, say, 10 chaos orbs, then one way to do that is to make it drop with a rarity roughly associated with the statistically expected time it would take you to find 10 chaos orbs. A second way is to gate it behind some content that either eats a similar amount of time or that proportionally fewer players will want to do (eg. the labyrinth). A third way is to just put it in a vendor for a price of 10 chaos orbs.

There are infinite variations and combinations on these techniques.
Last edited by GusTheCrocodile on Apr 21, 2024, 8:07:14 PM
OP is 100% right. GG really borked this and much like the LMB change - for no real reason.

As usual we get those arguing the position of "this is how it was introduced therefore it must never change" which is a completely flawed logic statement. It supposes that everything GG does is perfect and that improvement on something is simply impossible.

If you go back far enough, GG even understood this type of thing was a problem and provided a solution. Certain regular gems are only available from vendors to specific character types. Yes you could go to market and purchase the missing gems, or you could luck out and find them in the wild, or you could create a mule character and trade them between your own characters. But ultimately GG recognised it for what it was: needless busy work that was actually an inhibitor to what the game was about... which was playing the game.

So we got our gem vendor at the sixth Act and they could be invited to our hideout for convenience. Huzzah for player agency!

Then in a desperate act to make Lab somehow relevant when most players loath it, they made certain gems only available through that mechanism and of course added a layer of unnecessary RNG on top of that... because won't that be more fun!

Of course, there never seems to be a cogent justification for why, if it's simple and cheap to trade for a gem and therefore not very meaningful, couldn't acquisition be made a little easier for all players? I mean, what is anyone losing by making such a change? It really just seems to be an irrational anger to players that choose SSF as a game option.

Or to flip this on it's head, if it's such great design for Transfigured gems to be gated behind Lab RNG, surely it would just as great design to put all gems in that same outstanding piece of game content? Even a simple minor adjustment of allowing a player to choose the specific alternative for a gem when it was placed in Uber lab would be a welcome QOL change. No RNG necessary.

The reality is that there is no good justification to this implementation and it is quite indefensible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info