This community is embarrassing and it needs to stop

"
Ayxera wrote:
A lot of people are missing the point of this post entirely.

I am not asking people to not make criticism of the game in order to try and improve it. I am asking that people first do their research to understand whether they are indeed angry about the facts rather than their perception. Furthermore, write it in a constructive way instead of essay long rants with dramatic and accusatory language.

There seems to be this culture of not accepting ones own responsibility for their character and instead blaming it on an external source. It is not true for all posts here, but it is true for many and it is a big waste of time for developers, or anyone for that matter, to read that nonsense.

Dear Ayxera,

You're stuck in the '90, the Game Director Mark Roberts wants short blocks of text straight to the point, no time to read essays.Looks like you missed a lot of interviews on the game, VISION and the way game is going, they took all the fun from the game and made it just a "grinding" farming game with bots.

Have a great day.
We should not seek to use this power to change those around us, no... This power is a means for us to change ourselves. To be reborn as Wraeclast intends us to be. - The Slaying of the Gods //Oshabi//
"
Ayxera wrote:

"
Ayxera wrote:
This community is embarrassing
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."

The changes made this league have put the game into backwards thinking.
Its a total shit-show.
They changed too much at the same time, and also have been getting rid of player
customisation,
ie
removed lab crafts, for gems?? makes lab more useless tbh. They should have made trans gems obtainable by swapping a level 20 normal version for a level 1 trans gem, and kept the quality vendor recipe.

Syndicate crafts,
Removed master missions,
Removed LMB,
Badly implemented scarabs so they are worse than previous versions.
Gated bosses on T17 maps,
Nerfed all skills to make them useless.
Monsters one-shot killing players for no reason or having stats so tanky they are basically better than endgame bosses and some you cant defeat,
Made a shitty MTX goblin troupe that plays a annoying jingle that we cant turn sound off.
GGG has for several leagues been slowly sucking the fun out of the game.
Necro league coffins dont stack, crafts are bad, poorly implemented again.

The list goes on and on. I am sure you can add more.....

This game is now a total shit-show, I'm so disappointed with the direction GGG are going towards.
10 years on and they are messing about and ruining the core mechanics.
They made an awesome game, unique, best Arpg, they showed Blizzard to be fools and showed them what they should have done, and now are making it awful.

GGG need to get back to the roots of why POE came to be, and why it became the best game.

"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:

Day 17, has shown to be the 3rd best in terms of concurrent players.

Concurrent players means nothing. It still has the worst retention of all time (maybe its not worse than Kalandra at this point, I didnt check for a while)
"
Aynix wrote:
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:

Day 17, has shown to be the 3rd best in terms of concurrent players.

Concurrent players means nothing. It still has the worst retention of all time (maybe its not worse than Kalandra at this point, I didnt check for a while)

It will be a hot contender for the worst league for sure.

Also i forgot to mention the dreadful performance of the game, how badly optimised it is, and getting worse every league.

If it does not toast your CPU and GPU,
you are given lag, and latency, and crashes.

Maybe game performance is another GGG nerf they forgot to put on the patch notes !!!
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
Izrakhan wrote:
Speed meta isn't the problem. GGG made the game. They implemented all the power, pinnacle and gains the game offers.

The best leagues they added were the speedy ones. You just need to look at how unpopular Harvest and Necropolis were in their era. They were roundly disliked.

Chris just lost it. Less the vision more the want for the 2013 version of the game very few people bothered with. We had belief in them to better their game. So they did. They added the fidelity, the speed, the complexity and pinnacle power gains that got all of us to spend money on a free to play game.

There is a shift in generational thinking. Closed beta and early open beta where mostly played by people born in the 70s, 80s and early 90s. Later POE was taken over by the zoomer generation from the late 90s, 2000s. The younger generation has low attention span and in order to grow the game, they had to make the game zoomier, speedier and give bigger loot explosions.

Personally I don't recognize this game anymore.

I was born in the 70s. I can't relate.

D2 was a zoomer game as well. You start out very slow and deliberate eventually teleporting and one shotting most of the packs in the game with rare difficult encounters.

The reason people continued playing D2 for more than a decade was the fascination with the world, the randomly generated content and the PvP. PvP in D2 was very fast paced. Most duels were over very quickly.

D2 was also a very fast leveling experience with only five acts (with LoD) to go through.

So there is a problem where PoE starts to deviate. The game goes from 3-4 acts to 10. If you added 10 acts to D2 you'd see D2 players complaining about leveling. It's the same audience.

ARPGs have always been zoomer material. Yes even the coveted D2 era.

This is why I say people are out of touch on this subject. The deviation happened in 3.15+ that angered the fanbase (myself included) and caused all the mayhem.
"
Daric wrote:
"
hmcg020 wrote:

"
Ayxera wrote:
It would be fine if the negative experiences weren't totally biased, non-factual and sound like angry essays.

This is where you lost me. When one of the founding members of the game himself says "melee sucks", and a driving core principle of PoE2 is to prevent said suck, then the years of outcry from the community is vindicated. He even hit at the main core complaint from that portion of the community, word for damn word. This is also only one instance of this. Look at Kalandra, this league and harvest where in response to the outcry, GGG heavily patched league content to improve it.

It's in GGG's best interest to filter through the nonsense and find valid criticism. The PoE community has aged significantly since the days where the forum was less emotionally charged. I've been active on the forum for 11 years now, because I care about it. GGG are also known for adding hidden nerfs and setting up content release to not be nerf-fests, only for them to end up feeling as such.

I think the confirmation bias your hinting at me be something you're also suffering from when you look for negativity.

Very well written and totally agree with the above.

I like you
"
Izrakhan wrote:
I was born in the 70s. I can't relate.

D2 was a zoomer game as well. You start out very slow and deliberate eventually teleporting and one shotting most of the packs in the game with rare difficult encounters.

The reason people continued playing D2 for more than a decade was the fascination with the world, the randomly generated content and the PvP. PvP in D2 was very fast paced. Most duels were over very quickly.

D2 was also a very fast leveling experience with only five acts (with LoD) to go through.

So there is a problem where PoE starts to deviate. The game goes from 3-4 acts to 10. If you added 10 acts to D2 you'd see D2 players complaining about leveling. It's the same audience.

ARPGs have always been zoomer material. Yes even the coveted D2 era.

This is why I say people are out of touch on this subject. The deviation happened in 3.15+ that angered the fanbase (myself included) and caused all the mayhem.

To be fair, D2 had 15 acts, as it had three difficulties. I think it's important to mention that, when you compare the games. Especially when you talk about PoE going from 4 to 10 acts; they also removed the requirement of doing all acts 3 times.

I haven't looked up how fast the fastest players can finish all acts and difficulties in D2, but I doubt it's a lot faster than the PoE acts, but I may be wrong. Been a long time since I played LoD.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Ayxera wrote:

I am not asking people to not make criticism of the game in order to try and improve it. I am asking that people first do their research to understand whether they are indeed angry about the facts rather than their perception. Furthermore, write it in a constructive way instead of essay long rants with dramatic and accusatory language.

There seems to be this culture of not accepting ones own responsibility for their character and instead blaming it on an external source. It is not true for all posts here, but it is true for many and it is a big waste of time for developers, or anyone for that matter, to read that nonsense.

You are like a boxer beating fanatically at the air.

Rants aren't based on facts, it is relating to a situation in which people are trying to convince people to accept an argument based on their emotions and beliefs, rather than one based on facts.

It is about what people want, not about dumb facts.

I doubt the developers read most of the posts here anyway...

I sure don't...
"
Ayxera wrote:

Nah, your post is a classic example of the kneejerk "omg I hate the negativity" post that is typical response to any sort of outrage in *any* game nowadays. There is always one.

Let the rage posts be organic feedback to the PoE devs to how badly their patch/league is doing (and personally I believe this is a huge downgrade from 3.20 with the gutting of lab/syndicate). Don't like it? Read something else, it's THEIR job to read these posts.

Now it's "uhh you misunderstand I'm actually sensible guys". You were asking for it posting with that thread title. Keep playing the league instead imo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info