3.24.1 Hotfix

"
Spacecatbear wrote:
It'd be great to at least get an explanation at some point from you guys. Perhaps there's a reason I'm missing, I think I speak for most of us when I say we'd just like to understand why.

Totally agree with this, and I'm not trying to be rude, well, not to you anyway. But when was the last time you checked the 'Technical Support' forum section? There are hundreds of threads with some of them going into double digit pages with hundreds of replies.

Why I say this? Because not a single one of these threads filled with paying customers having all kinds of issues has seen a response from GGG in ages. Not one. Every single user with issues of whatever kind is left in the dust. In a forum section called 'Technical Support', mind you. There is no support. GGG might read some responses about issues the playerbase has, but for god knows what reason you'll never see anyone working at GGG to make an effort and communicate with their players outside of patchnotes and other official statements anymore.

Not even their E-mail support is actually supporting anything unless it's related to in-game purchases, aka money related.

Not gonna lie, but as of late, even the absolute worst companies out there are communicating more with their playerbase than GGG does. We're all seemingly talking into an empty void, no matter what. The only time they address issues is, like I said, in their patchnotes or other official statements but you, as a customer, are entirely on your own.

It's just a sad display. So anyway, basically what I'm trying to say is that you'll never see a much appreciated response. But hey, I'd love to be proven wrong.
Last edited by SloppyJoker on Apr 16, 2024, 12:49:20 AM
Yeah, all of these issues with the game, and the way GGG caries themselves nowadays.
It is NOT looking good for PoE2. I'm afraid with how overall how low quality PoE1 has become, PoE2 is gonna be worse x100.
Hope it is not the case, but it probably will be. Sad times from what used to be such a great game and company. Damn o7
devoted modifiers still have modifier " spirits on death" and basics dont block it, caz in program code its called "necropolis". Developers put extra content in new league mechanic and basics dont block necropolis and all his content. They just specially nerf farm.
Nerveopolis league. Start weakly and then decrease strongly ...

And still this nagging goblin sound in every town. I play since weeks with sound off. Proof that one bad sound fx can ruin a whole game. Sheesh ...
"
Arunderan wrote:
Nerveopolis league. Start weakly and then decrease strongly ...

And still this nagging goblin sound in every town. I play since weeks with sound off. Proof that one bad sound fx can ruin a whole game. Sheesh ...
The fact you can't hide them/mute them or ANY MTX for that matter, also with not being able to load into the game with your H/O.

They really are shoving micro transactions down your throat. Disgusting tactics. Never expected GGG to be THIS greedy.
"
koshkaLina wrote:
There is no endgame in this league (or rather, as soon as players find it, nerfs come out), there is no variety of builds: if you want to beat bosses - ONLY Hexblast, if you want to beat maps (why???) - Deadeye LA/EH and... that's all. Thank you for your "vision" and the final degradation of the game, keep it up.

There is more Endgame as ever before. T17 Maps are a hard challenge for most and provide enough difficulty to make pretty much anyone struggle for it.
The gab between newbies and pros just got far wider with T17 maps, cause pros still can handle them and farm endgame bosses while most will just avoid farming T17 if even doing them, since you either need a fully respecced Atlas Tree to compete with the difficulty and the mods on it or a really good build.
The Statement that T17 maps are the stepping stone between uber and normal bosses was just simply wrong. T17 maps are in most cases more difficult as uber bosses.

"
ONLY Hexblast, if you want to beat maps (why???)

That's BS^2. There are plenty of builds if you not only just follow streamer builds and need THE META build.
We got:
- Archmage Ice nova
- Splitting Steel Champion
- EA Champion
- RF
- Exsanguinate Miner
- Pretty much any Pathfinder
- Near to any Trapper/Miner/Totemic
- DD Necro
- Arc/Spark Inquis
- Frostblade Trickster
- LS and Reap Champions

Just to name a few...

So are you just trolling or really crying about that? Do you really have no clue of the game or how you got to such a statement?
Last edited by Ondrugs on Apr 16, 2024, 3:44:10 AM
Remember:

"In 2018, Tencent became a majority holder in GGG, acquiring 86.67% of the company's shares. Three of the co-founders hold the remaining 13.3. Two of the co-founders also sit on the board of directors, alongside 3 appointed by Tencent in April 2018."

Guess who is greedy and how come the game is becoming a joke.

;)
"
Doesn't seem like they even play their own game nor test leagues before launching them since they have to do so much culling of their own content to "fix exploits". What a joke at this point.

This was never the case? Since the Beta any League had dozen of exploits the Developers didn't fix before League start and which got abused by all the different players. The only difference this league is that they mid league nerf them.

People complained since 2013 "DO they not beta test their leagues", "They not play their own game anymore"... They do, but they cannot think of anything and any way to exploit what they implement, it was never before possible and it will keep being like that, no matter how often you guys complain about it.
"
Slider13 wrote:
And yet you take no action against hte streamers who abused this. I don't care if Ben is the best PoE player. People have abused the crap out of these exploits. I know they are exploits because if they were intended mechanics, you wouldn't patch them. But you take no action. You allow the economy to be destroyed and specific players to get extremely rich of exploits. This league is so much worse than Affliction, and people used maphacks there.

There's some good meaning in these statements.
If they're patched as a hotfix, then they're bugs.
If they're bugs, they can be exploited.
If they're exploited, it should be a bannable offense.

So GGG should have 2 options
1. Do nothing so everyone has the same playing field
2. Hotfix the bug but also punish those who exploit it. It could be as simple as a ban, character deletion or character reroll, or maybe even account reroll.

The worst thing would be to do what has been done. A hotfix and no punishment. I believe this is what people are the most bothered about, which is, the unfairness.
"
Frieske1 wrote:
And as a side note, the influx of uniques into the economy thanks to these interactions has probably benefitted casual players in some ways - when was the last time other than the past two leagues were you could get a Headhunter for 20-25d?

Good question indeed. When was the last time farming nurse or doctors was so worthless? Cause that's one of the things I enjoy doing, but it has been rendered pointless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info