T17 - solo only

"
Melissir wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
No if you can't clear a t17 ON YOUR OWN you shouldn't be able to have a 5th slot sorry.

Wow, just wow, what a statment.

Community in this game is one worst i ever met.
Really this game is designed for 0,1% no lifer

My guy, the requirement for t17 as they currently are is absurdly low. I think you need to reassess your build,
Yep this game ended up shitting on itself to reward the prize to its whales and addicts.
"
Nomancs wrote:
T17 shouldn’t allow party or boosts, so only map owner could enter - 5th map slot should reward skilled and geared.

LOL skilled at what? trading? There's not much skill involved in POE trade league, you simply make as many divines as possible using various strategies that vary a bit each new league and buy whatever the hell you need. I agree with you somewhat, but if your not utilizing trade these maps are ridiculous. They are harder than ubers themselves, at least when i quit this league they were i know they have patched since but i havent tested it.

try a T17 in solo self found pal, then get back to me.
Last edited by Jradlot21 on Apr 16, 2024, 6:45:32 PM
"
Jradlot21 wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:
T17 shouldn’t allow party or boosts, so only map owner could enter - 5th map slot should reward skilled and geared.

LOL skilled at what? trading? There's not much skill involved in POE trade league, you simply make as many divines as possible using various strategies that vary a bit each new league and buy whatever the hell you need. I agree with you somewhat, but if your not utilizing trade these maps are ridiculous. They are harder than ubers themselves, at least when i quit this league they were i know they have patched since but i havent tested it.

try a T17 in solo self found pal, then get back to me.

W8 what?! you're saying that doing map solo is based on trade more than buying a kill? are you gonna tell me that buying a kill require more skill? Just WOW.

If you can't do t17 why would you deserve 5th slot?
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Melissir wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
No if you can't clear a t17 ON YOUR OWN you shouldn't be able to have a 5th slot sorry.

Chances are that if you aren't able to clear a T17 by yourself you will not make great use of the 5th slot anyway so lel.

You must be joking, right?

Harvest 5 slots farming
Legion 5 slots farming
Rituals 5 slots farming(1 slot for blood vessel)
Harbinger 5 slots
etc. Exist a lot of cheap farming strategy which can be farmed very easy and MUCH easy then t17.

Its exactly the opposite side. 5 slots do not do your content MUCH harder.
Last edited by Berzal on Apr 17, 2024, 5:33:27 AM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Chances are that if you aren't able to clear a T17 by yourself you will not make great use of the 5th slot anyway so lel.

I have some issues with people that blindly defend GGG/PoE and, as we both know, we had some altercations before but I have to give it to you, you play SSF and that makes me value some of your opinions more than others like Nomancs or I_NO.

I do kind of agree on the 5th slot but it shouldn't be locked behind the T17, specially now with the changes to scarabs. Most never needed the extra slot since they played the game for the game without scarabs but, sometimes casual friends will gather and try things just for the kicks.
I'm one of those and my guild has casual players only. We are all "old", with jobs, and without much time to play. Although that 5th slot was never a game changer it would help a bit when we gathered and play for a couple of hours with "regular" gear. It was a small boost to try to find something, either to use or to sell.

Now there's even more scarabs to use which makes the choices complicated with the slots we have and along with the scarce drops nobody plays anymore.
"
TIGRElaranja wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

I have some issues with people that blindly defend GGG/PoE and, as we both know, we had some altercations before but I have to give it to you, you play SSF and that makes me value some of your opinions more than others like Nomancs or I_NO.

I do kind of agree on the 5th slot but it shouldn't be locked behind the T17, specially now with the changes to scarabs. Most never needed the extra slot since they played the game for the game without scarabs but, sometimes casual friends will gather and try things just for the kicks.
I'm one of those and my guild has casual players only. We are all "old", with jobs, and without much time to play. Although that 5th slot was never a game changer it would help a bit when we gathered and play for a couple of hours with "regular" gear. It was a small boost to try to find something, either to use or to sell.

Now there's even more scarabs to use which makes the choices complicated with the slots we have and along with the scarce drops nobody plays anymore.

Personally I'd rather have T17 be challenging content that stands on its own as a gateway for uber pinnacle bosses. I'd move the 5th map device slot to another conditional such as getting all 4 Watchstones, if not back to Legion 4-ways.

My understanding of the change is that the new scarabs are way more powerful than the old Scarabs were, and so the power of having 4 is supposed to be more work to get to. T17's as its condition was a mistake probably
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
TIGRElaranja wrote:

I have a big problem with this....just because one chooses not to play SSF or HC or other purposely time-intensive modes, doesn't mean they CAN'T or that they have any less game knowledge and opinion to offer.

I choose to NOT play SSF, HC, HCSSF, Ruthless, Etc. simply because I have no interest in shooting myself in the foot before I even start....but I have done plenty of "SSF" playing in trade, I'm sure the guys you mentioned (who have been around a LONG time) have the requisite knowledge and ability to be successful in SSF.

You have issues with people blindly defending GGG/PoE....well I have problems with people blindly writing off other's opinions because of a mere meaningless technicality.

Regarding this thread: I am in total agreement with ArtCrusade and others. The 5th slot is a REWARD for creating an excellent build. Previously, this was bypassed for crappy builds buying carries. The 5th slot is NOT something that is guaranteed for everyone. It is aspirational content meant to be EARNED. It should absolutely be gated behind a SOLO achievement. Newer players don't even KNOW the 5th slot exists until they unlock it.....so its absolutely not mandatory for ANYTHING.

Same with watchstones: these are NOT mandatory, they should not simply be given to everyone. They are rewards for reaching levels of power/skill/build prowess. If you haven't reached that point, you don't deserve the reward.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Apr 17, 2024, 11:03:07 AM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
TIGRElaranja wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Personally I'd rather have T17 be challenging content that stands on its own as a gateway for uber pinnacle bosses. I'd move the 5th map device slot to another conditional such as getting all 4 Watchstones, if not back to Legion 4-ways.

My understanding of the change is that the new scarabs are way more powerful than the old Scarabs were, and so the power of having 4 is supposed to be more work to get to. T17's as its condition was a mistake probably

I agree that the T17 should be hard. If they are too hard now I can’t say because I only jump into the game once in a while and I won’t be doing them anytime soon and I also believe that they should be nearly as hard as the ubers. It’s a temp league so if you don’t have the power for them so be it but yes, some things shouldn’t be gated behind them.
"
Ayxera wrote:
"
Melissir wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

My guy, the requirement for t17 as they currently are is absurdly low. I think you need to reassess your build,

This is untrue, or its bait.

Very few builds are quickly or reliably farming T17's right now. They're pretty brutal. Maybe your build does it just fine, and that's cool. We're all very proud. But you're not the norm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info