Overall Game Perfomance state - and why GGG is in silenced mode about it?

"
Dxt44 wrote:

UE's SSGI implementation based on advanced lightning probes (a set of cameras which produces cubic maps of lightning levels). They called it Lightmass. And the program which generates the probes - Light Swarm (precomputed lighting). It's completely different algorythm than Sasha proposed to use. GGG uses hierarchical radiance cascades. They have only the same technoloy name.

"
Dxt44 wrote:

LOLW.... What so hard in culling based on distance??? It's some sci-fi technology????

Yes it is hard. Because the engine still interacts with the bus and CPU. It is better not to touch anything behind the camera than load into the memory and then cull via early-Z or occlusion query. So, you didn't answer, how do you know UE will perfom better than GGG's engine in the same conditions? On which data have you based your statement?
"
Frostball73 wrote:
You can tell don't load those meshes but it is much better to minimize communications through the bus.

Exactly! That is just waste of system resources. Sure it can be fixed by the alterating UE but you have to invest dev's time, instead of developing actual game.
Last edited by cursorTarget on Apr 12, 2024, 7:15:14 AM
"
cursorTarget wrote:

Yes it is hard. Because the engine still interacts with the bus and CPU. It is better not to touch anything behind the camera than load into the memory and then cull via early-Z or occlusion query.

I must admit, I have good laugh reading this.
"
cursorTarget wrote:
So, you didn't answer, how do you know UE will perfom better than GGG's engine in the same conditions? On which data have you based your statement?

I didn't say anything like that. You just made up this like in other thread. Dude, rly, stop.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
Last edited by Dxt44 on Apr 12, 2024, 7:17:07 AM
Good for you. We're laughing on person which proposed to use all-purpose engine like swiss knife for the very specific approach.
"
Dxt44 wrote:
I didn't say anything like that.

So why do you insist on using swiss knife... ehm sorry.. Unreal Tourna... ehm Unreal Engine?
"
cursorTarget wrote:
So why do you insist on using swiss knife... ehm sorry.. Unreal Tourna... ehm Unreal Engine?

I didn't???? Dude, what is actually going on with you????
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
cursorTarget wrote:

I didn't???? Dude, what is actually going on with you????

"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
cursorTarget wrote:

Unreal Engine is one of the worst ideas to port (or develop from the scratch) the game to. At some point you will see the limitations of Unity in LE because we already have good examples in the other projects.

What limitations? It's just the tool to develop, lol. Limitation is you, a developer.

"
Dxt44 wrote:

I have fun reading this.
https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine
Modify as you want, compile.
Limitation is you.

"
Dxt44 wrote:

"
compile Unreal Engine games for a variety of target platforms, including desktop, consoles, mobile, and embedded devices; and build tools like Unreal Lightmass and Unreal Frontend. Modify the code in any way you can imagine, and share your changes with others!

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/content-cat/assets/codeplugins?count=20&sortBy=effectiveDate&sortDir=DESC&start=0

Yeah, buddy.

You forgot your words so quickly.
interesting thread

Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Apr 12, 2024, 7:33:22 AM
"
cursorTarget wrote:
Good for you. We're laughing on person which proposed to use all-purpose engine like swiss knife for the very specific approach.
"
Dxt44 wrote:
I didn't say anything like that.

What's the hate with the Unreal Engine? Unreal tournament used to run fine on my prehistoric potato computer back in 1999. But you probably weren't born, or at the very least not in age to touch a keyboard.

The new version that went into beta that was ultimately canned a couple of of years ago ran at 60fps on my potato computer when I played it back in 2015/2016.

Unreal Tournament 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlOyP-pZGls
Last edited by Silverpelt on Apr 12, 2024, 8:21:39 AM
"
cursorTarget wrote:

UE is just example xD You don't even read what I said lol.
Ask your guru how's hiring going with the in-house engine.

"
Silverpelt wrote:
What's the hate with the Unreal Engine? Unreal tournament used to run fine on my prehistoric potato computer back in 1999. But you probably weren't born, or at the very least not in age to touch a keyboard.

Tool like tool, can be used in good way or wrong way.
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
cursorTarget wrote:

UE is just example xD You don't even read what I said lol.
Ask your guru how's hiring going with the in-house engine.

"
Silverpelt wrote:

Tool like tool, can be used in good way or wrong way.

Yes, like the guy who hit himself on the head or in the nuts with a hammer then try to convince his coworkers to not use the hammer because "hammer bad".

edit: clarification
Last edited by Silverpelt on Apr 12, 2024, 9:41:35 AM
The Nintendo Switch is the best selling station all times. I read that the graphics are equivalent to a GT 1060. I suppose this is why D4 has such a lower requirements. They want to target PS4 and the Switch.
I don't think D4 will overcome POE, but on the opposite, it will rise interest of ARPG games. But if the come here with their potatoes and see this performance disaster, they will leave with a bad taste.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info