Overall Game Perfomance state - and why GGG is in silenced mode about it?

"
cursorTarget wrote:
fenixsemcinzas
Alright, I'm gonna test the game on NVIDIA GT 1030. I believe it's playable in 720p mode even on this dogshit GPU. Gimme an hour...

As expected even on the dummy GPU the game runs acceptable. Here is the proof. If you have 20 FPS on 4070 in 1080p it's definely a problem on the user-end. Modern integrated GPUs are more powerful than 1030 and it is even weaker than GTX 680 (released in 2012), so... You guys have to fix your systems.

You couldn't addapt the CPU or other specs tough. This proves nothing.
Really.
Also, walking in hideout and barely entering the campaing. At everything at minimal. The joke
Do you know that GGG also has a list of minimal specs right? Do you know what the said minimal are, and what the word "minimal" means? Just give up dude.
BTW. Do you think Path of Exile is known by it's amazing campaing? That what thrills people is the lore? No. That's not the part of the game that lures new players. It's the item system, the diversity, the maps, the complexity, the atlas tree and many possible builds. That's Path of Exile.
The campaing is the generic part of the game. It's not weird seeing people that wants to either skip or ran through it as fast as possible as if the floor was made of sheer boredom.
So, even in your stubbornness and sillyness, where you tries to suggest that you really tested the said "potatos" by just changing your GPU (the joke) and getting in the campaing, you can't play the game with what they say you can play.

Last edited by fenixsemcinzas on Apr 11, 2024, 8:07:43 PM
Amsterdam server - Steam client - Win 10 pro

PoE was fine until 3.21.1.
Only events with a lot spawning mobs could be a problem.
Played PoE with 7-10 browser tabs.

Since then performance became bad.
My PC config is the same.

At start of last Affliction league it was so bad I had stopped playing for 1 month.
Even non PoE processes were slowed down, could play PoE only without browser running. I lost about 50% of my PoE performance.

Last NVIDIA patch end of January made it a little less worse.
Not good, but most times playable.
Maybe because player numbers were much lower at that time?

Now in standard Delve is at limit - sometimes I die because performance is too low. (Of course without browser.)

And why?

Can't see any improvements which could be a reason to damage game performance so much?
Why change a running system?
"

Also, walking in hideout and barely entering the campaing. At everything at minimal.

The person above claimed he has ~20 in hideout on 4070 at minimum settings. This is the reason why I joined hideout on minimum settings to prove he's wrong. Moreover my settings wasn't minimal, because I could set 640x480 but I tested 720p instead.

"

Do you know that GGG also has a list of minimal specs right? Do you know what the said minimal are, and what the word "minimal" means?

Sure. Minimum system requirements.

GTX 650 Ti. I don't have this card to test but according to userbenchmarks these cards are very similar, almost identical in terms of performance. 1030 is even worse a little bit.

So technically I ran poe on the worst card available and it was good enough. FPS was over 30 on non-juiced content (Blood Aquaduct), in hideout and in the town. Yes, not a lot but still playable for that garbage GPU (I can't even call it "GPU" lol). Sure, for the juiced content you need waaaay stronger and powerful hardware. I recommend you 4090 from EVGA (because of warranty) for example.

"

The campaing is the generic part of the game.

Dude I am not arguing with it. I just shown you can run and play PoE on its possible minimums! When someone claims my 4070 barely holds 20 fps on minimum settings it's definetly something wrong on their side. Or they just overjuiced content playing high res on weak hardware. Even 4090 may suffer in very complex scenarios like 6-party play minions with MTX. 4090 is not somethic ultra mega cosmic technology. It barely holds Cyberpank 2077 without DLSS in 4K. TBH it's lagging in Cyberpunk. We just need better GPUs. Fortunatelly NVIDIA announced the new series at the end of the year. Yeah!

"
Jerexil wrote:
Why change a running system?

Because if they won't do that, their concurents will outplay them eventually and kick from the ARPG market. Diablo 4, Last Epoch for example.
Last edited by cursorTarget on Apr 11, 2024, 11:35:17 PM
game finished^
"
Silverpelt wrote:

I'm not gonna read some code from a rando on the internet who's trying to flex by, more than likely, pasting code he found on a forum written by somebody else and who himself wouldn't even be able to describe in depth what it does.

I run headless servers, not desktops. I don't use Linux to browse the internet, fill my taxes documents, and much much less to play games.

You talk about me being toxic when you literally insulted me in another post and here keep saying we're just cheap sakes for not running the game on a top of the line machine is peak irony.

Linux world is not about your "headless servers", it's way wider than you think. Instead of digging into the problem, reading some articles or just asking other guys how it's going, you started to brag about it.

I suppose you never heard about Cedega, WineX, Proton / SLR, Steam Deck and SteamOS. You can't comprehense the idea of having non-windows platform for the games for the desktop. But to have opinion is more important for you than to try the things out! Can you comprehend there are light weighted Linux distributives with patched kernels for the gamers which outperforms Windows and other bloatware like general purpose Ubuntu? I think no.
"
Silverpelt wrote:
There's an option in the setting to hide/replace the email with *************.

There is nothing to hide.
Last edited by cursorTarget on Apr 11, 2024, 11:40:21 PM
Some people who know a bit of linux having a keyboard duel on the internets.

Good old days.

Carry on please.
"
cursorTarget wrote:
For example PoE uses SSGI, UE - doesn't. In PoE you don't need to process the scene behind the viewport, UE does. Just watch two interviews with Sanya (Exile Con and with Cardiff), he explained why they even don't mind it. Specific solution is always better than general. Also I don't understand why do you think (or some other users) the UE will be better performing than GGG's engine in the same conditions. Anyway, I recommend you to watch the vids, both ara available on YT.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/4.27/en-US/BuildingWorlds/LightingAndShadows/ScreenSpaceGlobalIllumination/

4.27 version.

"
In PoE you don't need to process the scene behind the viewport, UE does.

LOLW.... What so hard in culling based on distance??? It's some sci-fi technology???? You need some assest in shop to make in works????

You are wrong basically in everything what you said. Who cares what some dev will say, another will do it in no time. Just his excuses, nothing more.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
Culling at fragment stage has been since the first graphic cards, but culling at vertex stage was available much later since OpenGL 3 and now vulkan
Traditionally all the whole meshes were processed, even those that were outside the camera. You can tell don't load those meshes but it is much better to minimize communications through the bus.
"
cursorTarget wrote:
"
Silverpelt wrote:

I'm not gonna read some code from a rando on the internet who's trying to flex by, more than likely, pasting code he found on a forum written by somebody else and who himself wouldn't even be able to describe in depth what it does.

I run headless servers, not desktops. I don't use Linux to browse the internet, fill my taxes documents, and much much less to play games.

You talk about me being toxic when you literally insulted me in another post and here keep saying we're just cheap sakes for not running the game on a top of the line machine is peak irony.

Linux world is not about your "headless servers", [...]

I choked on my coffee.

Also, for somebody who does like PoE and GGG like you say you do, you sure don't seem to support the game/company financially much. I watched the video and I was right when I said the last time you bought a supporter pack Mathusalem was still alive, when you kept telling people in the thread to buy supporter packs.

Last edited by Silverpelt on Apr 12, 2024, 8:08:26 AM
"
Frostball73 wrote:
Culling at fragment stage has been since the first graphic cards, but culling at vertex stage was available much later since OpenGL 3 and now vulkan
Traditionally all the whole meshes were processed, even those that were outside the camera. You can tell don't load those meshes but it is much better to minimize communications through the bus.

What's your point? Why clearly are talking about strict performance per frame, not some memory optimization. You are trying so hard to sound smart, but can't even understand what are we talking about.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info