T17 the failed "bridge" content.

So first of all i have cleared the entire atlas, and killed all the invitations with only 1 death. Im playing ea totems, im very tanking for sc and i have 13mill steady dps.

I tried 2 t17 maps, and i must say he trash mobs combined with the stupid mods the maps roll, is not bridge content. I spent about a 100c on both maps rolling the mods, and still there's always one mod that fuck's you over.

In both maps i made it to the boss, but only had 2 portals left, and ended up failing both. For one who normally kill ubers this is just stupid.

Trash mobs are way to overtuned in combination with the mods, and are more dangerous than most invitations.

The bosses become stupid after a while with a clusterfuck of stuff going on with no where to go in the arenas.

For me they are a fail, and i dont think im the only one that feel this way.
Last bumped on Apr 18, 2024, 12:41:41 PM
tbh those map on second day ligue was quite normal.
they changed things, after patch that allowing to roll them with chaos orb..
ofc ggg added some new map mods....

in most caces uber bosses are easier then this shiet...

the other funny part is drop from those bosses.
check the market prices
totaly unbalanced

Last edited by Beyond_Fear on Apr 8, 2024, 11:38:25 AM
ye they mega overtuned!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
I hadn´t the chance yet to try them. But what i´ve heared so far confirms what you are telling us.

Well I think they changed their boss designs to a lot worse since past few years with unfun mechanics overall. But maybe its time to take a step back and take more time in testing stuff. I mean you can´t be seriously be ready for uber uber uber bosses t17 when they should be something in the middle vs normal pinnacle and uber bosses.

Overtuning stuff is one thing, but we had in the past several things which where like x5 overtuned and in rewards x5 undertuned and this is something what really has to change. Please take your time GGG in testing your new mechanics properly and do instead some events for buying time like endless delve or blast from the past with voided affliction league something like this.

I prefer to wait for a good league instead being beta tester first 2 weeks.
I just started engaging t17 maps and I must agree. This shit is harder than uber-bosses. Constant one-shots from mobs or from bosses on a beefy char which will do any ubers just fine.
Absolutely agreed, there is no way that this is supposed to be ''bridge content''. Somehow every time recent end game content is released, and there happens to be rare monster packs included, the content is disgustingly overtuned.

I managed to check Citadel's boss fight and it actually seemed decent fight, but when it comes to crawling through the map that is full of monsters more dangerous than the boss itself the content leaves sour taste in my mouth.

I don't understand when game has been about creating your own difficulty through crafting your maps for years, they decide to put restrictions to the option to tune the encounter. Feels pretty shitty to be chaos spamming maps which were supposed to be bridge to encounters that you are already familiar with, only to be one shotted by some lightning spiders.

It also does not help, that you put old content behind this new map system, once again it feels shitty when you cannot do content that you know you are able to do when devs decide to rehash some old bosses with unavoidable map mods, and put the uber fight drops behind these fights.

Overall t17 could be good addition to endgame, nothing wrong with new hard encounters, but at the moment the implementation sucks hard. Make the maps regularly craftable and if this is truly supposed to be ''bridge content'' tone down the monsters massively. It would not hurt to get the uber fragments from the actual encounters they represent either.
I agree too. The maps are to difficult and the bad thing about this ist, that the 5th map slot is only unlocked when you do a t17 map. Thats the only thing that bothers me a lot, because normally i totally would ignore t17 maps then.
I tried 3 maps and in one i managed to reach the boss by running through the map and skip every mob. Reached the boss with 3 portals left only to die then and fail.
Not played them, probably never will. Everything about the design of these maps embodies what I hate most in POE.

Dice roll to see if your character dies is not good game design. Especially when the dice get rolled hundreds of times a minute in "hard content"

There's a reason why players are always screaming for a "death recap" its because of a basic game design failure. Dice rolls are why you died.

If you've played D&D you may have run into or heard of those odd DM's who were infatuated with making their campaign a "saving throw hell". The kind of DM who made their own dungeons and they were always shitty Tomb of Horrors but times 10!!!11 sessions. Nothing made any sense, or had any logical theme it was just "save or die" every 10 feet. T17's are the GGG equivalent to those garbage dungeons.

I love random loot and random layouts, I hate random game over screens.

Game designers can easily make a game feel cheap unfair and bullshit and this is my chief issue with POE. GGG doesn't seem to REALLY know this. I could live with every other issue if they didn't have such incompetent time til death.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
I have tried some maps, finished some, failed some and i think the issue is the map mods

To GGG's credit, i think speaking about the monsters in a baseline state, they are fine, and do feel a bridge between regular and uber content

But the map mods makes the difficulty spike in weird ways and feels all over the place. Sometimes i get just one damage mod and the rest mods that dont really interact with my build and im fine, but theres way too many mods that makes the dificulty spike in insane ways. Mavem healing can make the bosses unkillable for toons with lesser amounts of dps, -20max res(20!!!) with extra 150% element damage is very rippy combo, bosses spawning tormented spirits when weakened is another insane one, marked for death is very unforgiving as is no damage for 4 secs every 10 secs

Really, T17 reminds me of old eater and searing invitations when they could be buffed. Sometimes they feel like the base-non-alch'd invitations and youre fine, but too many times feel like you alched until 100% IQ and also took height of hubris for good measure and youre in for a rought time
Last edited by feike on Apr 8, 2024, 6:03:23 PM
Ran my first one. Its utterly ridiculous from t16 - t17..... also, unless you literally have no life and ben level dedication no one is doing this in HC.....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info