Sudden Game Stutter/Unexpected Disconnects And CPU MS Spikes Every Few Minutes, Need Help!

"
xjjanie wrote:
"
Solo_Player_8 wrote:
Yep, the game is still freezing once in a while, and the random CPU latency spike that slows down and almost freezes my whole laptop is making this game unplayable and unenjoyable, is there any fix?

What CPU does your laptop have? What other specs (GPU, RAM etc)?

GPU: Nvidia GTX 3070, Ram: 32 GB, CPU: Intel i9, PoE is the only game where this problem occurs, it doesn't happen with other games.
"
Solo_Player_8 wrote:
Yep, the game is still freezing once in a while, and the random CPU latency spike that slows down and almost freezes my whole laptop is making this game unplayable and unenjoyable, is there any fix?

look at my post. IF anyone from ggg reads this topic, they will ask you to provide as much information as possible on your system etc. for reference, read the roubleshooting guide.
(not that it will help, but hope dies last)
Jener glaubt etwas zu wissen, weiß aber nichts, ich weiß zwar auch nichts, glaube aber auch nichts zu wissen.-Sokrates-
Last edited by Sokr4tis on Apr 10, 2024, 12:29:27 PM
Yeah, it's starting to happen more frequently now and has nothing to do with my internet, every few minutes the CPU MS spikes up and goes very high slowing down my laptop, and then I have to switch modes to get it back to normal. This doesn't happen with my other games, only PoE, and also this problem started occurring after the most recent few patches, it was fine before.

My laptop is only 2 years old and the specifications are higher than the recommended settings, I have tried everything on the general troubleshooting thread. This problem makes the game unplayable and other people are experiencing the same thing. Is there some setting or something that needs to be adjusted?

Video Link Showing My Problem: https://youtu.be/P8nXD-A_twI
Image: The red bar on top constantly shoots up, making the game unplayable until I switch modes.
Last edited by Solo_Player_8 on Apr 10, 2024, 10:50:31 PM
The game is completely unplayable for me because of the constant red CPU lag spikes, I contacted support directly, and they asked me to post on this thread but I haven't gotten an answer that could help. I even provided a screenshot and video link, but the problem can't be clearer, I need an expert or some useful advice to help me fix this issue, I didn't get these random CPU lag spikes before, it started happening after the recent couple of patches. This problem makes the game unplayable and unenjoyable, so urgent help is needed. Probably this is God's way of saying I need to stop playing lol.
Last edited by Solo_Player_8 on Apr 13, 2024, 9:51:40 PM
A new day and a new CPU ms spike.
"
Solo_Player_8 wrote:
The game is completely unplayable for me because of the constant red CPU lag spikes, I contacted support directly, and they asked me to post on this thread but I haven't gotten an answer that could help. I even provided a screenshot and video link, but the problem can't be clearer, I need an expert or some useful advice to help me fix this issue, I didn't get these random CPU lag spikes before, it started happening after the recent couple of patches. This problem makes the game unplayable and unenjoyable, so urgent help is needed. Probably this is God's way of saying I need to stop playing lol.

Yea this problem started with the Engine patch, i posted a workaround for this a few times give it a try and see if it works for you too, the idea for it is to keep your CPU "awake" by doing some fake work in the background so the game engine stabilize and work normally.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3408520

if the browser trick doesn't work or the load is not enough you can also test with a small tool from Microsoft called CpuStres and adjust the load and thread in the background to the specific you want.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/cpustres

for an example try to set two threads to maximum activity and priority idle and see the impact in the game, keep in mind your CPU load will be higher so keep your temps in check and monitor.

Other things i noticed recently the game engine in general have a really high input lag when playing on Lockstep and you could notice the heaviness when you move around and specially when you face a lot of monster or effects around you (predicative is way smoother but comes at the cost of inaccuracy of your location/actions and it can kill you), also there is a bug when the game hard lock the PC but doesn't crash it so you could still hear the sounds in the background playing normally or if you are in voice chat people will still talk normally but you can't click or close or do anything with the PC, you have to force restart it, sometimes the game react after a few seconds and the hardlock stops and the game either crash or disconnect you if you are in mid action.
Last edited by Ramymn on Apr 16, 2024, 9:19:48 AM
Okay, the solution posted above doesn't work too well but I appreciate the response, even with another program opened to keep my CPU awake, I still get stutters until I swap modes back and forth.
Last edited by Solo_Player_8 on Apr 19, 2024, 1:10:06 AM
Oh, the CPU spikes and stutters are getting more frequent and the only way to temporarily fix this problem is by switching modes, any help, please? This problem is making the game unplayable. Do I have to wait for a patch to fix this hopefully? The game only seems to run fine on my laptop in turbo mode, then this problem keeps occurring every few hours or every couple of minutes.
Last edited by Solo_Player_8 on Apr 20, 2024, 6:31:47 PM
Help me please, this game isn't functioning.
Last edited by Solo_Player_8 on Apr 22, 2024, 11:41:30 PM
I haven't gotten a response from GGG and there's no fix for this problem, I've tried all the general troubleshooting methods and none of them worked. I didn't have this problem with previous patches, it's a software problem that conflicts with certain CPUs, GGG needs to fix this, the game is unplayable and has been going on for months. I can't support a game I can't even play. The game runs fine on turbo mode for a few minutes or couple, then the CPU ms lag spike comes in and the game becomes unplayable.

Video of the unplayable game, watch the last few seconds you'll see my problem clearly, it's not internet lag but the CPU ms lag: https://youtu.be/amEt2BhC-p4
Last edited by Solo_Player_8 on Apr 24, 2024, 1:09:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info