Scourge/Talisman all over again, always the same mistakes, never lessions learned.

Talisman/onslaught/Scourge risk vs reward, this is bad even for an obvious dopamine fast league (which I totally called) endlessly the same mistakes. Really GGG the 17 people that play Ruthless... Oh make that 16 people Kripp rage quit the league last night, anyway the tiny numbers of this mode should give at least SOME CLUE that you as a company are VERY ABLE TO MAKE THINGS TOO BORING/LAME/STINGY for the games own good.

Tbh the only thing wrong with this league besides jank and no ability to opt out out is ultra stingy TFT only and lottery believer only crafting system.

Too many axis of randomness (the Talisman/Scourge problem) at some point it feels like a slot machine thats not even pretending to be an ARPG. Talisman felt like this. A cynical slot machine does not equal fun gameplay.

Making something that only .001% will be able to make great crafts with doesn't = infinite replay-ability.

It equals ZERO motivation to play AKA NO replay-ability.

VERY LITTLE impact or feeling of choices impacting results 1200+ rary on packs and all packs in zone drop a total of 1 white item

No ability to opt out, same mistakes as 9 or 10 years ago ffs.

UI commits the same constantly obvious mistakes:

No icons or text colors for intuitive visual indexing
lack of intuitively obvious behaviors
you can drag a mod onto the picture of a monster but not the text area for example
you can't walk away from the league UI to make it close
You can "click off" of many UI's in POE (like walk away from a stash and it closes)
not enough storage ALWAYS the community immediately spots it and GGG ALWAYS is like "oh I'm sure it'll be fine"
Ways of dealing with the mechanic are clunky af

"I';m sure the storage capacity is fine, but if we need to we'll change it"

Does GGG not realize that success in POE is measured in how many hundreds of maps you can run per night?

cue defenders of the faith to tell me how wrong I am to say anything critical or have a not glowing view of 12 years of the same mistakes. I'm disappointed I WANT to enjoy POE but as Kripp said last night:

this aint it.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last bumped on Apr 3, 2024, 6:49:32 AM
plays and gets upset about ruthless cause favorite streamer also got upset about being bad at the game, how ironic hoho
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Mar 31, 2024, 4:46:56 PM
"
Pashid wrote:
plays and gets upset about ruthless cause favorite streamer also got upset about being bad at the game, how ironic hoho

Hello Santa, is that you? Ho ho ho.

Scourge was actually pretty decent, it was giving almost another free map to clear. This league is just onslaught combined with AN with zero reward.
I quit he league before even reaching maps. PoE is no longer only game on the market so I dont need to force myself to enjoy shit leagues. I can go play LE.
"
Pashid wrote:

Insert whatever narrative you need to feel better about not being able to foster a legit argument.
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Mar 31, 2024, 4:58:25 PM
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Pashid wrote:

Hello Santa, is that you? Ho ho ho.

Scourge was actually pretty decent, it was giving almost another free map to clear. This league is just onslaught combined with AN with zero reward.
I quit he league before even reaching maps. PoE is no longer only game on the market so I dont need to force myself to enjoy shit leagues. I can go play LE.

I bring up scourge only because the implicit scourging crafts were considered by most to be extremely stingy and overly RNG. Its about balance points like that and Talisman that make the game feel silly. Where no reasonable person with reasonable but dedicated playtime (like Kripp for example) would not be demotivated by it.

I don't play the lottery because I know its a scam for suckers to throw away their money.

We're all able to deal with a grind here, some of us more and some less but some grinds POE has tried to ask the players to get excited about were just dumb.

There is such a thing as too much grind, too stingy for the games own good and so stingy that it just makes people nope out like Kripp did.

Is it healthy for the game to make one of the all time most sweaty POE players nope out?

I'ma guess the answer to that is no not really.

Last edited by alhazred70 on Mar 31, 2024, 5:30:58 PM
"
alhazred70 wrote:

Does GGG not realize that success in POE is measured in how many hundreds of maps you can run per night?

Success of PoE is measured in money income and/or retention rate. And it's pretty good. Why do you care about the streamer? How are you affiliated with him and so dependent from his opinion?
Last edited by cursorTarget on Mar 31, 2024, 5:28:49 PM
"
cursorTarget wrote:
"
alhazred70 wrote:

Success of PoE is measured in money income and/or retention rate. And it's pretty good. Why do you care about the streamer? How are you affiliated with him and so dependent from his opinion?

You've missed the context. "success" in this context is the player playing the game successfully.

Also Kripp is brought up because he's an excellent high profile example that anyone who's plugged into POE's community can understand.

I'm not sure where you came up with the idea that I'm dependent on someone I used as a high profile example in a couple sentences out of a post that mostly isn't about him I can only guess you didn't understand my post very well.

I often use POE's more high profile streamers as examples because GGG is usually more aware of them and can easily see clips or be informed by their community team of the latest happenings.

SO for example doubtlessly some people at GGG are aware that Kripp rage quit the league last night. This helps drive home my point. If your interpretation of my post is that its about Kripp I think you've really completely missed the point.
Last edited by alhazred70 on Apr 1, 2024, 2:59:49 PM
Dude but with your reply you're just confirming the idea for the streamers of being "better". "higher", "elite", whatever, than other players. So if streamer decided to leave because of his personal preferences and opinion we have to point on him/her and cry: LOOOKK!!! HE LEFT! HE LEFT! EVEN STREAMER LEFT! OMG HOW THAT HAPPENED! THE GOD LEFT US!

In other words by boosting the streamers you make your own, mine and other non-streamers' words / reports / feedback worthless. It's called "vocal minority" represents everyone (even if you never heard about the certain streamer). Like ehm.. we have our opinion but who cares? Look at them!

I completely dislike this idea in its nuts. If the game has some issues they should be addressed, fixed, changed somehow and doesn't matter who reports and gives the feedback.
"
cursorTarget wrote:
Dude but with your reply you're just confirming the idea for the streamers of being "better". "higher", "elite", whatever, than other players. So if streamer decided to leave because of his personal preferences and opinion we have to point on him/her and cry: LOOOKK!!! HE LEFT! HE LEFT! EVEN STREAMER LEFT! OMG HOW THAT HAPPENED! THE GOD LEFT US!

In other words by boosting the streamers you make your own, mine and other non-streamers' words / reports / feedback worthless. It's called "vocal minority" represents everyone (even if you never heard about the certain streamer). Like ehm.. we have our opinion but who cares? Look at them!

I completely dislike this idea in its nuts. If the game has some issues they should be addressed, fixed, changed somehow and doesn't matter who reports and gives the feedback.

like if some dont play league . they cant rly give comments or feed back on it :)
"
cursorTarget wrote:

People use streamers as an example, because this early on they have 60h playes (or more) while avarage oerson from this forum prolly has 15-20h. So streamers had much more time to test stuff out and, like many times, avarage player will see those problems much later.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info