Mark "Neon" is a based gigachad god

"
Nah, they overhauled animations, among many other things.

Riposte (3.7.0)
Now deals base damage equal to, and has an added damage effectiveness of, 135% at gem level 1 (from 100%), up to 186% at gem level 20 (from 138%).
Now adds 6 to 10 physical damage to attacks at gem level 1, up to 169 to 254 at gem level 20.

It was Legion where they added a bunch of flat damage to the point where A LOT of melee skills were playable. Counter-attacks + facebreaker were absolutely a thing. Most people where of course playing Cyclone, so it will of course, somehow, be used against people claiming melee was good back then.

169-254...

Now it has 3-85 (Sure, it has more effectiveness of added damage, but nowhere NEAR the point of usefulness). The result? No one is using it - as so many other melee skills. But melee "is fine".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Mar 28, 2024, 4:57:06 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
Now adds 6 to 10 physical damage to attacks at gem level 1, up to 169 to 254 at gem level 20.

It was Legion where they added a bunch of flat damage to the point where A LOT of melee skills were playable.

Yeah, you are right. I forgot about that. Should have read up on the Wiki.

Now that you mention it, I recall that I enjoyed leveling with Cleave again because it had better damage scaling. And then I stuck with it because it was the OG skill for my first iteration of said build many leagues before it. Back then it was a budget Uber Lab farmer with 2x Ichimonji and Bringer of Rain as I recall.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold
Oh, and I want to add here:

The people that keep babbling on about how melee is great really like to forget about all the other changes and take borrowed power as an excuse for how great everything is at its core.

Monster HP (or was it boss only? can't remember the specifics) was doubled, Fortify was gutted and had to be changed 3 (?) times or something. Still trash tier if not playing Champion, since perma > temporary any day of the week in every scenario.

They removed Elemental ailment avoidance from gear and re-introduced it in such a way where there's now a high opportunity cost.

They removed chance to defend with double Armour, then changed Armour formula to make up for it.

They changed Acrobatics and completely removed Phase Acrobatics, only to later add Spell Suppression.

I could go and on and on, but I do not recall every single thing. Poe.ninja tells you everything you need to know. Last 2 leagues had Deadeye in #1 spot. In Ancestor league, Juggernaut was an outlier due to Boneshatter builds and busted Tota dudes.

Too many things that show no one really enjoys melee, except the people who pump hundreds of Divines into perfect gear, then come on the forums to shill how good melee is because they play nothing else, while wearing their Magebloods and Headhunters, even though a 100c Minion build can do everything better for a tiny fraction of their budget. It's unhinged.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Last edited by BaumisMagicalWorld on Mar 28, 2024, 7:15:13 PM
"
Yeah, you are right. I forgot about that. Should have read up on the Wiki.

Now that you mention it, I recall that I enjoyed leveling with Cleave again because it had better damage scaling. And then I stuck with it because it was the OG skill for my first iteration of said build many leagues before it. Back then it was a budget Uber Lab farmer with 2x Ichimonji and Bringer of Rain as I recall.

I also remember the Bringer of Rain + Wings of Entropy + Acrobatics build back in the days, max block/spell block, max acrobatics, just sexy :P
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
I also remember the Bringer of Rain + Wings of Entropy + Acrobatics build back in the days, max block/spell block, max acrobatics, just sexy :P

That wasn't mine. :P

Edit: Wait a minute. Could have been a version I made. I made many different ones, and I faintly remember using this item at some point. Earlier versions also used Phase Acrobatics.

I actually had to greatly increase the budget of the build over time because people were really enjoying it for Uber Lab farming due to its low cost of like 15c, but then constantly kept asking me how to make it viable for red mapping and endgame.

I then added Tabula Rasa as a budget option, then slowly transitioned it into what would today be considered about 30-50 Divines worth of gear.

Good times, then. Miss them greatly. Most fun I ever had in this game. Well, aside from playing CWDT builds. :P
Last edited by BaumisMagicalWorld on Mar 28, 2024, 5:43:09 PM
So, how do you like the league made by "gigachad god" Neon, eh?
It sure is great league. Best one we had so far, eh?
"
Aynix wrote:

its amazing advertisement for other games like like LE or TL;I.
and rly good insight about poe 2 :)
"
anti4z500 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

its amazing advertisement for other games like like LE or TL;I.

It sure is. Im back to my Tornado Shaman,
They're actually removing the friction from the graveyard. The graveyard is going to be a legit item printer now. That's a pretty based gigachad move.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3501124

(I still think the "Haunted" special item mods need a lot of work and the league won't have legs without more affixes being added.)
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
They're actually removing the friction from the graveyard. The graveyard is going to be a legit item printer now. That's a pretty based gigachad move.

its april 1 today...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info