So I MUST interact with the league mechanic every new map or zone in campaign.

Just because there are situations where it wont help, doesnt mean it shopuld not be added. Situations where it DO help vastly outweight any other situation.
"
Bleu42 wrote:
Now that you remembered to cap your resistances, your character is killed again, by necrotic damage. Explain to me how that would actually help you in LE.

I can figure out what holes to plug by going over my defenses. You won't become immortal by knowing exactly what killed you. You can only fill so many holes.

It also tells you which enemy killed you with what skill. That very much narrows it down, even if not 100% accurate. That's what ShadowPlay or similar is for, to help decipher that.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold
"
"
Bleu42 wrote:
Now that you remembered to cap your resistances, your character is killed again, by necrotic damage. Explain to me how that would actually help you in LE.

I can figure out what holes to plug by going over my defenses. You won't become immortal by knowing exactly what killed you. You can only fill so many holes.

It also tells you which enemy killed you with what skill. That very much narrows it down, even if not 100% accurate. That's what ShadowPlay or similar is for, to help decipher that.

HOW though. What else is the average player going to actually do if they read that lightning damage killed them? Getting res capped is a given so... what else is there to do. You can't just say 'oh you know, fill holes in my defenses'. Like what? What hole were you ignoring until you read that lightning damage got ya, that makes you think oh shit yea nvm this'll solve that ability killing me?
"
Bleu42 wrote:
HOW though. What else is the average player going to actually do if they read that lightning damage killed them? Getting res capped is a given so...

You are thinking like an experienced player. And even then, I find it odd how you fail to see how that is useful. It's like you are acting ignorant on purpose.

"
Bleu42 wrote:
What hole were you ignoring until you read that lightning damage got ya, that makes you think oh shit yea nvm this'll solve that ability killing me?

Man, it's not just about filling holes. That was a basic example where I found it useful.

By knowing what killed me, I can go to the "wiki" and look up the skill. That helps me learn about new skills I need to watch out for, or when I fail to identify what it is or what it looks like. It also helps me identify which type of damage they do, because they often do mixed types of damage with different scaling. It also helps me identify whether it's a DoT, spell or attack - they work differently than in PoE. Some skills look like they are DoTs but are hits and vice versa.

In a nutshell, it helps you learn the game.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold
Last edited by BaumisMagicalWorld on Mar 27, 2024, 7:13:49 PM
"
Bleu42 wrote:

HOW though. What else is the average player going to actually do if they read that lightning damage killed them? Getting res capped is a given so... what else is there to do. You can't just say 'oh you know, fill holes in my defenses'. Like what? What hole were you ignoring until you read that lightning damage got ya, that makes you think oh shit yea nvm this'll solve that ability killing me?

No, its "not given". You fail to understand that such system DOES NOT exist in every game of this type. And you also fail to understand that not every player who comes to PoE has past experience with this type of a game.
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 27, 2024, 7:18:03 PM
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Bleu42 wrote:

No, its "not given". You fail to understand that such system DOES NOT exist in every game of this type. And you also fail to understand that not every player who comes to PoE has past experience with this type of a game.

Of course new players aren't going to instantly understand resistance. They're also going to read that they were killed by lightning, and AT MOST this whole system you want GGG to spend development time on will be a really expensive way of saying you should cap your res.

None of you campaigning for a death recap have been able to actually explain how it *realistically* helps players. And just giving some vague non answer of "I mean I can Google the attack" doesn't count.

You don't need an entire new system to tell players to cap res or dodge attacks. End of story.
I don't understand the pushback on death recap. Sometimes it would be useless and can be ignored. When you're sitting in a fireworks show and die, sure, who the fuck knows. But sometimes, it's clear as day what killed you but don't know what damage type overwhelmed you.

I think the value it adds is worth it.
Yea, I will be skipping this one. Already forced to do the campaign and now a mechanic to make the campaign longer and potentially just more frustrating. I'm sure plenty of people will love it. Good first world problems
"
Bleu42 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Bleu42 wrote:

Of course new players aren't going to instantly understand resistance. They're also going to read that they were killed by lightning, and AT MOST this whole system you want GGG to spend development time on will be a really expensive way of saying you should cap your res.

None of you campaigning for a death recap have been able to actually explain how it *realistically* helps players. And just giving some vague non answer of "I mean I can Google the attack" doesn't count.

You don't need an entire new system to tell players to cap res or dodge attacks. End of story.

You realize NEW players are the most important ones? Thinking that system is waste of time beacuse it will help only new players si so stupid I dont know if we should continue this discussion.
the campaign will feel so much worse with this. i just want to get through it fast not get slowed down.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info