So I MUST interact with the league mechanic every new map or zone in campaign.

"
Warvald wrote:
Experience only matter if you learn from it.

Im sure player will LOVE micromanaging the cemetery, not like there is another league where this kind of things was hated.

"No no, this time it will work, THey will love it!"
GGG, probably.
I'm still thinking the league mechanic will not get in the way of those that just want to zoom through to their chosen end game strat.
"
ExsiliumUltra wrote:
I'm still thinking the league mechanic will not get in the way of those that just want to zoom through to their chosen end game strat.

On a good build? Yes. But we know GGG for too long. We know some of those mods will be extremely rippy and if you are not playing meta build you will need to waste time and read mods and put them on "weaker enemies" otherwise you will just constantly die in harder maps.
As an example running white maps last night on an alt I ran a normal map amd it had the totems mod. The game choose that not me. So when Mark said it would be more difficult I still think "compared to what"? A magic map that rolled reflect, or a campaign area that rolled multiple rogue exiles? I think Mark's charactizatio that it would be more difficult and therefor you need to engage in the league mechanic was more of a sales pitch. I guess we will see Friday.
"
ExsiliumUltra wrote:
As an example running white maps last night on an alt I ran a normal map amd it had the totems mod. The game choose that not me. So when Mark said it would be more difficult I still think "compared to what"?

Compared to map without it... Its just extra power for monsters on top of everything you already have.
"
Moridin79 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Moridin79 wrote:
I'm kinda looking forward to this...

I'm already a slow first campaign guy and it gets slower every league. I wasn't even in maps day 1 last league. So this is a welcome addition imo.

So you want to be even slower?

I'm saying I don't give a flying fuck if I'm slower if something is new and interesting for me to interact with...

Sadly GGG has conditioned people into thinking ARPG campaigns are meant to be a zero difficulty boring chore.
"
ShiyoKozuki wrote:

Sadly GGG has conditioned people into thinking ARPG campaigns are meant to be a zero difficulty boring chore.

If people wanted challenge they would go play Elden Ring. PoE is "destroyer of gods" simulator.
"
ShiyoKozuki wrote:

Easy to say when you've been playing for a long time. Of the many people over the last decade I've introduced to this game only 1 made it past the campaign and kept playing. The rest gave up around Act 6 or so. It was painful watching them die to rhoas or boss moves I dodge without even thinking now, and I was witnessing my first couple playthroughs all over again and got reminded how hard the game can be

I just hope, for once in GGG's life, this isn't a cracked out league mechanic that's overly rippy in the campaign for no reason, but I know that's too much to hope for
"
Aynix wrote:
Who wanna bet a lot of those mods gonna be omega rippy at the start and they will nerf it once or twice before the league will be "good enough"?

This is the way
"
Glorfndel01 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
Who wanna bet a lot of those mods gonna be omega rippy at the start and they will nerf it once or twice before the league will be "good enough"?

This is the way

Yep, all Free Beta Testers, rejoice, you will get to work soon :)

I remember first leagues I tried when starting to play poe, rituals were absolutely obliterating me, and even more so ultimatums later (since I spent half of Ritual under standard "new player's lvl 40 ban", so hardly became more skilled when Ulti began).

Every new league mechanic arrives balanced around top 5% (not even at endgame stage) to benefit from it, other players might as well play Standard. Don't know a single other game with design like this.
Last edited by Echothesis on Mar 25, 2024, 12:32:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info