What Will Happen When Affliction League Ends

I hope that backpack and second ascendancy with charms will come back later in any other form if not added in the core game as they were represented in affliction league. They added too much fun and QoL to be forgotten.
IT was a good league to try out MF's in super saiyan.
Time to get back to reality (and no loot).
Hope this league Catarina finds her mate.

Unless something horrible happens if new jewels will be available next league too, some builds can still exist over the boring every league meta (TS,TR,PB, etc)
Last edited by zsirfoka on Mar 14, 2024, 11:39:53 AM
Ah man this hurts. I knew it would probably happen this way but had some hope. So many cool things were introduced in this league which I hoped would be left in to give a bit more player power to balance against near-future boss power creep, against Eldritch bosses we haven't been introduced to yet. The rucksack is an awesome bit of QOL. The Wildwood ascendancies are an interesting extra dimension to character development. Wisps and the Wildwood would probably need to be extremely nerfed and an extremely rare encounter. It also sounds like this will break builds we created in this league. Oof. I guess it's all just too much, but man I did have a shred of hope against my better judgement.
Last edited by awave on Mar 14, 2024, 11:50:48 AM
"
killodoggy wrote:

I think harvest would be way cooler if it was removed and you just chased the harvest crafting juice in the wildwood instead. Maybe put harvest mobs in the wildwood.

I guess some of the harvest boss fights would be lost. Maybe you can put harvest bosses in the wildwood?

I always felt harvest was fun for crafting, but outside of crafting it was not the most fun league mechanic for fighting enemies.

*****Edit********

I forgot to mention that yellow tier 4 harvest boss fight is a really awesome boss fight. Hard as hell but amazing. But what I mean is move everything to the wildwood including boss fights.

This is pretty much what I expected or hoped would happen, namely, that wildwood would replace the harvest and instead of juicing the map, the wisps would drop upon leaving wildwood.
Could even use King in the Mists as source of sacred lifeforce as it all matches and some npc dialogue even suggested he was using some superior version of lifeforce for his ritual. It was certainly more mechanical and interesting encounter than Oshabi.
Current harvest is cluttery and often flat out bad, with nuisance mobs that burrow and hide but prevent you from doing other patches, major hp boosts to already tanky mobs because of weird power scaling and other issues. I haven't bothered doing it for years now, other than entering and taking a look if a t4 plant has spawned.
I'm assuming charms were just resting to bring back sanctified relics.
Terrible mechanic, go away already.
"
RIP to the best league of all time. I’m sure it will be followed by another absolute banger.

🫡

its one of the worst leagues for sooo many reasons... just cuz its provided shit ton of currency doesnt mean it was best.. there was nothing and i mean nothing interesting about league mechanic besides shit ton of currency...
rip TWWT.

it was expected, this jewel is mandatory to have on just about any build due to sheer variety of affixes it can spawn. They are fractional ascendancy notables after all.

watcher's eye is already kinda mandatory but that can be explained by being conditional, you need to have an aura. Many auras ideally, it rolls bonuses for up to 3 auras.

overall this was the biggest power creep league that has ever existed. You had 3 magic charms and TWWT which was 2 charms in one jewel. So easy to fix your build - cap suppression, fix reflect, pump attributes, fix resistances etc. On top of this power creep we also had unusual loot abundance, everyone could get a HH or mageblood or kalandra's touch - any item that was in core drop pool was readily available.
"
madmessiah wrote:
"
RIP to the best league of all time. I’m sure it will be followed by another absolute banger.

🫡

its one of the worst leagues for sooo many reasons... just cuz its provided shit ton of currency doesnt mean it was best.. there was nothing and i mean nothing interesting about league mechanic besides shit ton of currency...

Different people like different things, just because you find it bad doesn't mean everyone does... tons of people have an a blast playing this league.

This was one of the best leagues ever! I loved the wildwood ascendancies. What also made it more interesting was the changes in the core such as ultimatum. Alhough I miss metamorph just a little ;-)

Thanks GGG for always bringing these new leagues. I played all of them since the introduction of Anarchy, except for Delirium because of the birth of our son. Yes, im becoming an old man who is still addicted to POE, and I can't wait to see what Necropolis has in store for us!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info