3.23.2 Patch Notes

These settings changes arent making an improvement for everyone.. for me, dx11 is the only one that runs above 100 frames, if i switch to the others i drop to 10 - 20
Well, performance is still horrible since 3.21.2 and with this patch now not only my fps went even lower than before, but im getting visual glitches every map. Yep...
Меня устраивает обнова)))
Last edited by 56DIMON on Mar 17, 2024, 6:31:10 AM
"
56DIMON wrote:
Xeon E3-1230V2 3,3 GHz-Turbo 3.7 GHz LGA1155
DDR3 16GB 1866Mhz
Inno3D GTX 1060 3Gb
SSD 256Gb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOWngfFXjws

Crazy gameplay. 5 mobs on the screen. No wonder that performance is good for you.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
Hello everyone!

This patch has made things worse than before. I've had my biggest problems with overall performance since early Trial of the Ancestor league patches, and I've been playing on and off since 2013.

This last patch only works in DirectX11, while DirectX12 and Vulcan makes everything blurry, when I click-move, it takes half a second for my character to move in that direction (and this is in town). I am also talking on lowest possible settings. I have tried all possible combinations of settings to see if there would be any improvements, but I havn't stumbled across anything so far.

In DX11 I can somewhat move around okay, but as soon as i enter any combat situation or zone my fps goes down to 5-10. While engaging in league content such as abyss or delirium, my screen turns to a slideshow, and I can't move.

Specs below:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
16,0 GB RAM
Win 10
(Edit: Nvidia GTX 1080 Graphics card)

Is my rig outdated for this game at this point? Or is it an issue with the renderer? I have played around 8 hours since last update, with no improvements to performance. For me it only made it much worse across the board.

Something (for me at least) went wrong with performance fix, and I'm seemingly not the only one having problems right now. I hate to say it, but at this point, unfortunately, seeing the words: "fixed performance" in a patch note sends shivers down my spine, because I think it's somehow going to make my game run worse than before.

Take care, and I'm hoping that we'll get a fix soon,

//RymdLeffe
Last edited by RymdLeif on Mar 17, 2024, 4:44:24 PM
"
RymdLeif wrote:

Specs below:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
16,0 GB RAM
Win 10
(Edit: Nvidia GTX 1080 Graphics card)

Is my rig outdated for this game at this point?

Yes your rig is outdated for this game and pretty much also for most of all other modern games. They did had a larger engine upgrade with ToTa.
16 gb ram isn't really optimal anymore these days and at least 32gb is recommended to not only enjoy poe but also other modern games.
You can get away with your 1080 but something newer with more modern technology and vram would be better.
cpu is just well yea, old and not really powerful anymore to run cpu heavy games flawless and smooth.
But at least you picked a proper OS and don't stick with a bad and unsupported win7 like some inexperienced and unwise individuals do on their decade old rig.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Mar 17, 2024, 4:59:51 PM
"
Yes your rig is outdated for this game and pretty much also for most of all other modern games. They did had a larger engine upgrade with ToTa.
16 gb ram isn't really optimal anymore these days and at least 32gb is recommended to not only enjoy poe but also other modern games.
You can get away with your 1080 but something newer with more modern technology and vram would be better.
cpu is just well yea, old and not really powerful anymore to run cpu heavy games flawless and smooth.
But at least you picked a proper OS and don't stick with a bad and unsupported win7 like some inexperienced and unwise individuals do on their decade old rig.

Thank you so much for the time to reply. I'll look into this.
I just thought I'd meet at least minimum requirements with this rig.

Have a good day!
"
RymdLeif wrote:
Is my rig outdated for this game at this point? Or is it an issue with the renderer? I have played around 8 hours since last update, with no improvements to performance. For me it only made it much worse across the board.

It's not your rig that is the problem it is PoE that is in a state of never-ending beta and often their performance improvement screw quite a lot of players up in a manner that really feels random.

The patch right before Ancestors made the game barely playable for me (DX11 since I run on Windows 7 and cannot run DX12), and I ended up getting another GPU (nothing super amazing) that can run Vulkan and it made the game really smooth.

This patch it seems that I was not in the pool of the players getting hit but the "performance destroying hammer" of GGG ... but apparently, you were :S

Your rig is better than mine, and I am sure that you should be able to run most modern games with it. Anybody telling you that it is your fault and that you rig is outdated is either a complete GGG fanboy, or somebody who does not know much about computers in my opinion (like people not understanding how terrible the new Windows systems are .... that's a red flag right there).

In the end, you were able to play the game, and now you are not ... and you did not do anything, GGG messed up.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Mar 17, 2024, 10:24:22 PM
"
RymdLeif wrote:
"

Have a good day!

Your rig is fine, don't need to change it. The problem is POE, just look at the recommended specs that the game asks (hell the consoles have a worst spec than you and the game has support for it).
Also, modern games are trash anyway, there are literally mods for good games that are better than those said trash modern games.
Just one example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzzI0EPjYy0
Last edited by Rex_Inferno on Mar 17, 2024, 10:34:38 PM
"
Rex_Inferno wrote:
"
RymdLeif wrote:
"

Have a good day!

Your rig is fine, don't need to change it. The problem is POE, just look at the recommended specs that the game asks (hell the consoles have a worst spec than you and the game has support for it).
Also, modern games are trash anyway, there are literally mods for good games that are better than those said trash modern games.
Just one example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzzI0EPjYy0

After the update, it became very good to play on my old one.
Xeon E3-1230V2 3,3 ГГц-Turbo 3,7 ГГц LGA1155
DDR3 16 ГБ 1866
МГц Inno3D GTX 1060 3 ГБ
SSD 256 ГБ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufzmp5KoyK0
Last edited by 56DIMON on Mar 18, 2024, 12:12:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info