Path of Exile: Necropolis Teasers

"
Soulcyc wrote:
Currently, items placed in the Horticrafting Station will display their sockets, regardless of hover, gems, or UI setting. The item placed in the Horticrafting teaser video does not, or perhaps does not have any.

They've announced the removal of functionality from the left click mouse button. Supposing there is in fact a practical reason behind this decision, I wonder what that could possibly be...?

While I agree with most of the issues and concerns voiced here, I also suspect we may not yet have the full picture. Two days until we find out if it was too early to judge.

A good mindset that's fors sure. I also suspect that this change was made for a reason, the only thing we can do right now is to wait and see.
Please revert this bs LMB change. Countless reasons for why it shouldn't be done, mine being that summoner builds do not have gem slots or key binds to spare. Calling this a QOL-change is like calling spitting in our faces a conversation.
you know you f****d up when 1 "teaser" gets 30+ pages of "how dare you ggg"
its awesome how a mistake can get this many people together

My two cents about some of your changes:
1. Veiled Orbs => in a sense, you've simplified getting Veiled Orbs. From another perspective, you made it a requirement that we fight and win against a far stronger boss to get them. Then you had to go and word it as 'this makes the Orb more powerful' strictly boasting that it being tradeable circumvents the issue of needing to beat Catarina. Quality sense of humor you have there.
2. Stacked Deck and Diviner's Strongboxes no longer dropping Divination Cards for boss exclusive Unique Items => this hardly makes fighting specific bosses more 'meaningful' for me as a player. All it does it make them rarer, increasing their cost and reducing the ratio between supply and demand. This is strictly a global economics decision which I truly doubt is meant to increase player's quality of life, other than helping anybody who can get those Uniques from bosses sell for more.
3. Automation and Call to Arms => this increases gem link pressure. We as players almost always NEED a dedicated Move To Cursor 'bind' and in that sense, to some degree, I agree that it having the extra benefit of functioning as an automated instant skill trigger was a bit much. I wonder if you care to explain the metrics by which you decided we needed to give up this feature and instead pay gem sockets. Also looking forward to finding out of you didn't decide to leave these Gem's power levels as they are or maybe even nerf them. Questioning your game's balance based on the following idea: if I trigger these instant skill manually (doing more 'fun' buff piano at irregular intervals), do I not deserve more power from these skills? Following up on that, if I do automate them, do they have full power?

tl;dr nerfs and scarcity presented as quality of life
I do hope they won't go live with that change. It makes no sense.
How am I supposed to automate non-gem skills? Such as necromancer Bone Armor.
Obviously I hate this "QoL" change, but my experience with GGG is that they have an inability to accept when they make a mistake and only double down after the fact, much to the ire of their core player base.

I will however note that having seen many of the major controversial decisions over the years in regards to content, balancing and major game mechanics, this is in my recollection the first and only time when THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY unilaterally agrees that this is a horrible move on the developer's part.

So there is that. Good job in bringing everyone together I guess????
As it stands with the information we have at the moment. I don't agree with the LMB change.
:)
Please keep the Mouse Button Change!!!

This is great for balancing and the overall feel of the game.

Implementing a toggle state like in dota2 would make things even worse. If they want to cast skills they should have to click it!

If you want to act then click the button. THIS IS NOT A REVERSE BULLET HELL.
Last edited by Srctwd on Mar 19, 2024, 3:47:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info