0.9.1 Patch Notes

We anticipate deploying this tomorrow (24 hours from now). It might be the following morning (before the 4 hour league) if needed. This list of patch notes will change as we finish the patch

Version 0.9.1

Features:
  • Added the first version of the new new user interface. Many more tweaks and improvements are coming.
  • Added the Captain Fairgraves quest to the Ship Graveyard.
  • Added support for temporary leagues.
  • Separated global chat by league. Now you can only talk to people in the same league with global chat. This should make it easier to find parties and trades. Eventually global chat will need to be even further segregated.
  • Added a friendly exile in the Twilight Strand.
  • Magic and rare boss monsters now have effects to make them easier to notice. Eventually there will be special effects for their mods as well.
  • Removed DPS display for skills. It was wrong and will be added again when it's correct.
  • Changed Support Gems to have a different icon and made the text on them state their function in a more clear way.
  • Updated effect for Freezing Pulse and Ice Spear.
  • Made the Coves area more interesting.
  • "/online" now states the number of people online.
  • "/whois name" will show you information about a character.
  • Added some more loading screens and increased their detail.
  • Continued improvement of animations, sounds, world areas and spell effects.

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a crash that occured if you kill a Shield Crab on level 6-20 of the Maelstrom of Chaos.
  • Fixed a crash involving Detonate Dead.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Shield Charge to be spammed really fast.
  • Fixed a client crash that occurs when playing near Templars or Rangers.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause massive experience or item gain from monsters when partied.
  • Fixed the behaviour of Ground Slam so that you don't miss things really close to you.
  • Fixed the performance of the rain in the Maelstrom of Chaos beach area.
  • Restored the large chest in Merveil's Lair.
  • Disabled the abiltiy to cast Cold Snap on invalid locations.
  • Fixed a bug where arbitrary doodads would block doors.
  • Glacial Hammer now doesn't prevent item drops from slain monsters.
  • Fixed occasional very large Terraces levels.
  • Fixed a problem with Flicker Strike so that it'll now teleport each time.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause animations to visually click when returning to idle.
  • Sound should not repeat endlessly when exiting the game.

Balance:
  • Reduced the drop rate of equipment (not currency/scrolls/flasks/gems), but upped the rate of magic/rare items to compensate.
  • Increased the rate of experience gain and Flask charge recovery to +75% per additional party member.
  • Increased rarity of Mirror of Kalandra.
  • Made Oak harder.
  • Increased difficulty of all monsters by 5%.
  • Increased the stack size of Armour Shards and Jeweler's Orbs.
  • Reduced damage and accuracy of ranged enemies.
  • Increased the chance that monsters will change targets when they receive damage from 12.5% to 20%.
  • Changed the two Flask mods that deal with critical strikes to only refill a certain number of charges (rather than the entire flask). Old versions of these flasks will only refill 1 charge for now. In a later patch we will reroll the value on these to make it correct.
  • Substantially increased the currency item costs of higher items.

Skill Balance:
  • Swapped Spark and Fireball in terms of skill levels and quest rewards. Fireball is now lower level and available to Witches from Tarkleigh.
  • Increased damage of Spark.
  • Reduced damage and collision size of Freezing Pulse.
  • Increased damage of Glacial Hammer.
  • Reduced Viper Strike duration at lower levels.
  • Reduced damage of Flicker Strike at lower levels.
  • Reduced damage of Sweep at lower levels.
  • Increased damage and attack range of Cleave.
  • Increased stun and knockback on Shield Charge.
  • Added a small occasional knockback effect to Leapslam.
  • Split Arrow now fires additional arrows at higher levels.
  • Changed the damage equation for Shock Nova so that the deadzone immediately around the player works better. It's now much more important to have enemies at maximum range.
  • Changed Raised Zombies to not decay over time automatically.
  • Increased damage of Elemental Hit at higher levels.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Aug 18, 2011, 7:14:44 AM
Last bumped on Jan 5, 2017, 1:38:39 AM
Awesome man! I am so excited that my hands are shaking!
Gestas (Templar), Hardcore league.
Last edited by Matt1128Y on Aug 18, 2011, 12:28:48 AM
Nevermind, I'm blind.
Last edited by gilligan on Aug 18, 2011, 12:31:15 AM
Wow, some awesome fixes in there!

The only thing that really bothered me was the increase in rare item drops. I already get them by the boat loads it feels. I also feel orbs should be a bit rare. Other than that, I am really impressed.
Woot! Any idea when we may see some LoS fixes specifically for Rangers? Thanks
Do you really care?
OH WOW it's like my build was made for this patch :P

I have spark all leveled and zombies as well.
Great great great, too bad I probably wont be around this weekend to try it out right away.
I don't think rarity needs to be any higher than it is now. If you want to reduce quantity fine, but don't replace it with increased rarity. If you want to replace it with something make it so that the chances of sockets an links appearing are more even (easier to get more sockets or links)

Also, Glacial hammer's damage is not it's problem. Technically it has really good damage.
The problem is that specializing in a weapon category or weapon type is a waste of a passive when using this skill.
What's worse is that the enhanced damage on a weapon is pretty much useless for the skill also.
I'm sure you guys know this, but I don't know why glacial hammer is being buffed in this way, when its' the mechanics that's the issue — maybe it is just a temporary band-aid for now I guess?
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Aug 18, 2011, 1:02:47 AM
"
NaveedLife wrote:
The only thing that really bothered me was the increase in rare item drops. I already get them by the boat loads it feels. I also feel orbs should be a bit rare. Other than that, I am really impressed.

We didn't increase the drop rate of rares. We reduced the overall drop rate of items, then bumped magic+ items up a bit to compensate. You won't find more rares per hour (if anything, slightly less).

"
Xapti wrote:
I'm sure you guys know this, but I don't know why glacial hammer is being buffed in this way, when its' the mechanics that's the issue — maybe it is just a temporary band-aid for now I guess?

It is.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
I wonder if the flask "fix" will make my marauder unusable. There are often times that my lvl 47 marauder can't survive without constantly spamming crit potions (against monsters of his own level) despite having 75% damage reduction and plenty of life.

I hope enemy ranged attackers get nerfed to hell (damage and defense/evasion wise), else melee characters will get it -very- hard on merciless.

EDIT: On the same note, I heard some rumors saying that the Dread Thicket is being modified this patch? If so, please don't add ranged enemies as they are require WAY too much effort to kill in comparison with melee enemies. I usually just run past ranged attackers.
-- Shin

A soft(core) Marauder of the Leagues
Last edited by Myrdinn on Aug 18, 2011, 2:29:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info