Account Moderation Update

"
jrv209 wrote:
Horrendous change, why is your studio becoming more and more authoritarian over the years? I miss old GGG.

I agree, the censorship is out of control, and this is a trend across all forums and gaming sites these days. GGG was always slightly more open than them, but they seem to add more reasons to restrict speech rather than ever erasing dumb rules.

Ban the extreme weirdos all they want (even if that definition changes hourly), but what's the purpose of a trade system to 'encourage player interaction' if you ban people so freely for interacting with other players? We all already have an ignore button we can use ourselves to mute players we don't want to hear from.
Wow. So I guess no more talking in global for fear of abuse of this system. Might as well make the game SSF now and shut down the trade site.

There will 100% be people reporting nonstop to mute people out of spite - effectively banning them and ripping off all the money they've spent on tabs/mtx because they'll just stop playing.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Good step forward!

And why would that be the case? Honestly asking.

We gain...dnno what some very few people being punished a bit for the cost of people having to deal with random action taking just for engaging in global chat. If anything the things risen up on reddit prof this type of "escalation" is NOT fit for ggg to weild because their systems are way way below any standard to go this way.

But yeah good step now having the support have to deal with even more useless shit because os nonsense chat mutes.
"
xardas149 wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Good step forward!

And why would that be the case? Honestly asking.

We gain...dnno what some very few people being punished a bit for the cost of people having to deal with random action taking just for engaging in global chat. If anything the things risen up on reddit prof this type of "escalation" is NOT fit for ggg to weild because their systems are way way below any standard to go this way.

But yeah good step now having the support have to deal with even more useless shit because os nonsense chat mutes.

I dunno if you ever participate in global chat but people had literally no incentive to being nice to others. Now there is actual repercussions to bad faith actors and I'm all for it.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Feb 13, 2024, 7:26:59 PM
If you invent an auction house in the game itself (like WoW) youll save loads of data time and effort for everyone ! Hope someone notice me !
It'll only hurt the economy but that's okay. The people with fire, drive, and ambition are most likely the ones driving the economy anyways. One more hole in the bucket for the poe economy.

But on the other hand, it keeps those people who would report others, feel justification and validity for their time spent lol.

It'll also cause more folks to uninstall as well as feed the "path of bans" meme. All to saciate a select few problematic reporters.

In the end, these extra motions will only hurt the game.
Ya'll realize that people will absolutely weaponize this system?
D4 Good ?
Not a good change.
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition, is followed by madness.
Didn't ask.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info