Account Moderation Update

Horrendous change, why is your studio becoming more and more authoritarian over the years? I miss old GGG. Stop empowering and enabling tattle-tale crybullies. At least you guys can't censor the threads on /v/ and /vg/ which some of you even read. I've had to block a moderator of yours, too, who abused their power and would ban me for sneezing in global. I can't imagine what would've happened to me under these rules. Bizarrely I guess this is what you want though. Let's PoM random players.
Last edited by jrv209 on Feb 13, 2024, 5:40:55 PM
"
Warvald wrote:
OH wow they really wnet through with it

[Removed by Support]
wnet
wnet

Anyway this update made by a genius, might make me play less but it sure as hell going to make browsing reddit fun.

Enjoy not being able to trade on a game balanced around it guys.
Why am I still here
Last edited by Warvald on Feb 13, 2024, 5:34:26 PM
If you are going this way then please atleast have the chat mods spend a bit more time on each report, I've seen many accounts of wrongful mutes completely out of context
wow the game would be unplayable then
I do not see this going well.

Even if we assume there's no automute for a certain number of reports which will be abused by people, then there are just too many false bans.

I mean, one of the top posts on reddit is someone being banned for helping a newer player with an explanation of a mechanic. https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1aphrqy/gggs_mute_system_in_all_its_glory_96_hour_mute/ Apparently, you aren't allowed to copy paste a hard to find explanation from a 3 year old reddit post because this is "disruptive".

Frankly, I daren't talk in general. I might say something people disagree with and thus cause a "disruption" in chat. The rules are too vague and there are far, far too many posts out there that are clearly false mutes.

I've not seen it, but there are even people reporting being muted for guessing 666 on a facebreaker.

Frankly, I hope people do spitefully exploit this. It's going to create a big problem for GGG and then, they might actually do something about it in 2029 (let's face it, they are very, very slow in solving problems. How many years were we forced to use poe.trade before the official trade site came out?)
Honestly thought this was something in response to the people getting mutes for toucans, giving help in global(!) etc.

The timing on this is pretty weird.
Please reconsider this change.

Aside from the potential problems other people have already pointed out, I can't help but think trading will become worse if this change goes through.

Say I want to buy a one of a kind item (megalomaniac, niche rare, etc...) and the seller happens to be muted. Not only will the seller be sad, I too will because I can't buy the item I want.

I know the odd of this scenario happening is small but I rather it didn't exist in the first place.
This is a terrible change. Not only is auto modding terrible at it's job, like others have said you'll get spite reports. I got a 50 day mute for saying the R word. I haven't been muted in over a year and the first mute is 50 days for that? Meanwhile I see names that are blatantly racist/sexual and people egging people on with misinformation/politics/anything that can insight a flame war just to report them if they say ANYTHING remotely inflammatory. Mutes shouldn't be handed out like candy and the only punishment should be clearing up global chats. Now you're punishing players into not being able to trade? It doesn't affect me as I play SSF so unbiased opinion. I just think it's scummy you can get muted for days, weeks, months and even years for the most minor infractions, but the infractions keep adding up to the point where saying the R word is treated worse than the guy saying something racist/bigoted. C'mon GGG lol. Not only all that, but people are paying for premium stashes, to trade. So you mute them cause they got a bit heated, now you're taking away their right to trade and buy? You went into the kitchen and burnt the food for sure with this one.
I don't like this. The potential for abuse is too high.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info