The Coward's Trial - Unique map garbage

That's not how uniques in PoE get rolled. Rarity IS rolled first. You rolled a unique, then you rolled coward's trial instead of something else.

Unless unique maps are on their own system. Which I don't think so because you can get 68 vaults of atziri in lunaris temple, which only drops 66 maps.

The xp argument might have made a lot more sense when lunaris didnt go up to 68.

I'm sure some people have a blast in the map. I'm just here to provide feedback, and my feedback was simply that the map felt unrewarding, I listed my reasons.

I just would rather be excited to see the map drop, instead of looking at it as a chore. This is probably the reason the map gets tossed around for dirt cheap. Many people I talk to find the map just plain not worth it. (Vaults of Atziri often falls in this category too)

Obviously this isn't everybody. Someone is going to go into that map, find a shavronnes or auxium, or just enjoy the challenge. (Unless they happen to play a freeze build or infernal blow, in which case they will wonder what the hell the deal is)

@Overused

I know it may look like I am attacking you and the map, I am not. But do not presume to know what makes a map worth running to everyone. I found your statement on the matter rude.
Last edited by Gravethought on Aug 23, 2013, 1:13:30 AM
"
Gravethought wrote:
That's not how uniques in PoE get rolled. Rarity IS rolled first. You rolled a unique, then you rolled coward's trial instead of something else.

Unless unique maps are on their own system. Which I don't think so because you can get 68 vaults of atziri in lunaris temple, which only drops 66 maps.

The xp argument might have made a lot more sense when lunaris didnt go up to 68.

I'm sure some people have a blast in the map. I'm just here to provide feedback, and my feedback was simply that the map felt unrewarding, I listed my reasons.

I just would rather be excited to see the map drop, instead of looking at it as a chore. This is probably the reason the map gets tossed around for dirt cheap. Many people I talk to find the map just plain not worth it. (Vaults of Atziri often falls in this category too)

Obviously this isn't everybody. Someone is going to go into that map, find a shavronnes or auxium, or just enjoy the challenge. (Unless they happen to play a freeze build or infernal blow, in which case they will wonder what the hell the deal is)

@Overused

I know it may look like I am attacking you and the map, I am not. But do not presume to know what makes a map worth running to everyone. I found your statement on the matter rude.

Really? Can you cite the source which shows the rarity is rolled before the actual number of drops? Because this doesn't make sense to me, as the base item is relevant before rarity.

For example, a unique drop such as astra, vs a unique such as karui ward. If the 'unique' had rolled, then does that mean an onyx has to be a ton more rare than a dex amy? Cause that is wrong.

For a unique, how would it know how 'rare' the unique is to roll until it knows the base item on which the uniques rarity is based?
Last edited by Real_Wolf on Aug 23, 2013, 1:21:25 AM
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/488664/filter-account-type/staff

Mark confirming the game rolls rarity first.

I thought this was common knowledge........
"

@Overused

I didn't imply that you were attacking me, but you are attacking the map re: criticism. Criticism is an attack but this doesn't delegitimize it. Part of the reason we have a forum is to express, share, discuss and critize aspects of the game.

I explained why you are wrong in your criticism. I'm not sure how it's supposed to be rude bar my saying it ended up being whining for the sake of whining, which I stand by given the considerations I indicated. This is a level 66 unique map. It's not meant to be the Kaom's Heart of maps. I'm glad people trade it cheaply since it's the lowest level unique map available and I want a lot of people new to the endgame to have access to it. It also offers a ton of xp and loot and the chance at an epic drop for a level 66 map. It's not intended to be super rewarding for characters of very high level. I don't think level 66 maps were intended for that at all in the first place.
Last edited by OverUsedChewToy on Aug 23, 2013, 7:09:04 AM
Constructive Criticism is not attacking. Attacking would be me going "This map blows, it's creator wasted 1k buck total noob yo".

Again, I said I do no expect it to be a super valuable unique map that guarantees untold riches. I just stated the map would feel better to me if they payout was a little better on average.

I like the map for the most part. I started in this thread with the words "My only beef".

But when I come here in a feedback thread and devote my time to stating why the map feels unrewarding to me, and you say "Nope. Wrong. You are just whining because you can. Feedback Invalid.", well.....excuse me if I do find that a little insulting.

I very much enjoy this map, but I do wish the unique drop could at least be one that requires a level. I've gotten: crown of thorns, Ezomyte hat, redbeak, sadima touch, tiki amulet, jade amulet. It always felt to me like it was the necromancers last way of saying FUCK YOU to me ;)

I also got an exalt drop once in room 2, so I can still run it about 10 more times and still have a net gain. It's a fun map, and on standard/anarchy, its fun to troll people with it by inviting them if they don't know what to expect. I couldn't do that to someone on a hardcore game mode.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
Real_Wolf wrote:
Really? Can you cite the source which shows the rarity is rolled before the actual number of drops? Because this doesn't make sense to me, as the base item is relevant before rarity.

For example, a unique drop such as astra, vs a unique such as karui ward. If the 'unique' had rolled, then does that mean an onyx has to be a ton more rare than a dex amy? Cause that is wrong.

For a unique, how would it know how 'rare' the unique is to roll until it knows the base item on which the uniques rarity is based?
No - rarity is rolled first explicitly because rolling for base type doesn't make sense for unqiues. We roll rarity so that for normal/magic/rare items we can then roll base type, and for unqiues we instead roll "which unique" which is base-type independant.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
rarity is rolled first explicitly because rolling for base type doesn't make sense for unqiues. We roll rarity so that for normal/magic/rare items we can then roll base type, and for unqiues we instead roll "which unique" which is base-type independant.

WOW. So adding in any new unique reduces the chance of each of the other uniques dropping?
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
rarity is rolled first explicitly because rolling for base type doesn't make sense for unqiues. We roll rarity so that for normal/magic/rare items we can then roll base type, and for unqiues we instead roll "which unique" which is base-type independant.

WOW. So adding in any new unique reduces the chance of each of the other uniques dropping?

I think so.

On the other hand it makes farming certain boss levels,
for a certain unique you want, a thing.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Aug 25, 2013, 7:08:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info