The Coward's Trial - Unique map garbage

Coward´s Trial is awesome I love this map, fun fun fun. Some builds can have really big trouble with this map but my not so i can enjoy it everytime i do it. Great unique map.
=Licht ist Leben=
"
The only unique the map cant drop is auxium.

Actually...

The guaranteed unique drop from the Infector of Dreams is special. It specifically doesn't check item drop level. So you can totally get Auxium off him, even though it can't normally drop in such a low level area (it's still very rare, though).

So yeah, you can get any unique from killing the Infector, regardless of any "required" drop level.

He still obeys the other normal restrictions, such as the league-specific and league-prohibited uniques, and uniques that can't drop ever (such as race prizes).
Code warrior
There's so much butthurt in this thread. I wanted an "Oh shit!" moment for sure but certainly not to grief people. It is fun to see how many (albeit in the past months) assume you want to just see people get killed. In the coming patch the map will be fixed so the spawns revive more gradually as I had wanted from the beginning. It's not meant to be a pushover map for some builds (corpse exploders and certain others notwithstanding) but it also isn't meant to turn your PC into a toaster oven in a show of contrived false difficulty.

I'm also not a hardcore player. Likely I play less than most who've posted in this thread. I support PoE because it has enormous potential, fantastic devs, an enjoyable setting with addictive gameplay and also so that others who can't/don't want to pay can play and enjoy it to the fullest. This is also true of my unique item whether it hits that mark or not. It's not intended to piss you off, just scare the bajeezus out of the unsuspecting player. Peronsal attacks on me or GGG are pretty sad to see. If you're frustrated that's fine but stop and think before grabbing pitchforks.
Last edited by OverUsedChewToy on Aug 20, 2013, 3:41:50 AM
I won't ever run the map because it would kill my PC, but I've rather liked the concept behind it. I'd like to see it optimized, but the spirit of the map shouldn't be harmed by that.

I love this unique map, its a real challenge to run specially since i'm solo most of the time.

Recommend Spell Totem + Zombie or Spell Totem + Detonate Dead... problem solved..
IGN: DeathIsMyBestFriend, Illirianah
"
There's so much butthurt in this thread. I wanted an "Oh shit!" moment for sure but certainly not to grief people. It is fun to see how many (albeit in the past months) assume you want to just see people get killed. In the coming patch the map will be fixed so the spawns revive more gradually as I had wanted from the beginning. It's not meant to be a pushover map for some builds (corpse exploders and certain others notwithstanding) but it also isn't meant to turn your PC into a toaster oven in a show of contrived false difficulty.

I'm also not a hardcore player. Likely I play less than most who've posted in this thread. I support PoE because it has enormous potential, fantastic devs, an enjoyable setting with addictive gameplay and also so that others who can't/don't want to pay can play and enjoy it to the fullest. This is also true of my unique item whether it hits that mark or not. It's not intended to piss you off, just scare the bajeezus out of the unsuspecting player. Peronsal attacks on me or GGG are pretty sad to see. If you're frustrated that's fine but stop and think before grabbing pitchforks.

Bumped actually in my owned thread via gggtracker heh.

I actually enjoy this map very much. I still buy this map from time to time just to have some fun. Since my OP on this issue, I changed several tactics. At the time I wrote my OP I wasn't aware of any mechanic. I was indeed abit scared, although the FPS lag was the real issue. With enough awareness it's not a problem at all anymore for me. Hope this will change with the upcoming patch with better performance!

I just want to thank you for this awesome map <3

@Bishop120, you don't actually need those at all. If you have a 30~35 seconds between waves you want to keep on killing monsters rather then spamming detonate dead or totems. This is from a melee point of view though.
The map is really great! First time my client crashed as all the dead bodies were revived by the Infector. I restarted, entered a room full of skeletons - and was dead after two seconds. After that I switched on my auras (forgot this of course), but i was not very hopeful. I entered the room again and shot a few explosive arrows with elemental proliferation into the first enemy. The result was fantastic: a wave of fire spread over the whole room killing nearly everything! One of the greatest moments I had with this cool game! So, thanx for this great map and GGG for this great game :-D

PS: The dropped unique was crap...
I've done this map about 8 times, and never has a "good" unique dropped. Has anyone gotten a good unique from it?

FWIW - My friend did get a Lioneye Remorse from it, and I thought he was trolling me (required level 70, like auxium) until Rhys confirmed that was possible.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
reboticon wrote:
I've done this map about 8 times, and never has a "good" unique dropped. Has anyone gotten a good unique from it?

FWIW - My friend did get a Lioneye Remorse from it, and I thought he was trolling me (required level 70, like auxium) until Rhys confirmed that was possible.

i also did it numerous times,and no never got anything worth anything..
i was there even with max iir gear and could not even cover the worth of a map

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info