GGG. I bet you Affliction has the highest player retention since 3.10,3.11 and maybe 3.17

Some excellent feedback from you all, keep it coming and lets see GGG take notice of ALL our views here
"
Timbo Zero wrote:
I see your point but disagree, assuming you mean what I understand you to mean.

Yeah, you probably do understand and disagree, because I want there to be extremes once in a while; be that Affliction with extreme currency drops, Harvest with extremely easy crafting/printing of gear, Delirium's stacking of OP cluster notables or Sentinels recombinators, letting you recombinate a million fractured mods for easy crafting.

If extreme leagues come too often, it's bad. But if they come with a few years in between? *Chef's kiss*. But I understand that 'most' people want the same progression, the same economy and the same balance every league. We are habit animals afterall.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Timbo Zero wrote:
As per the title, I bet you GGG that 3.23 (Affliction) has had (and continues to have) the highest player retention since 3.10 (Delirium),3.11 (Harvest), and maybe (due to the wow of the atlas passive tree) also 3.17 (Archnemesis).
Whilst I fully understand you will likely never release player retention numbers (except adjacent values as the number of wildwoods entered, number of the king of the mists killed, etc) and that retention certainly does not equal MTX spend, I certainly hope you can see that retention does increase the potential for MTX spend.

So, why bring this up?
Simple fact, those leagues were fun and rewarding (not just popular with the streamers who are your free advertising policy (please feel free to correct me on this if I am wrong, but I have never seen PoE promoted on PC, Xbox, or PS in 6 years. On Xbox if you search for free RPG, Action RPG, Dungeon Crawler, or any PoE descriptor it doesn't even rank first page).
I would hence argue that fun and reward equates to retention which in turn equates to potential increased revenue from MTX spend.

To finish, 3.23 (Affliction) has been the most fun I have had in 3 and a half years and more than likely 6 and a half years (when I started playing in earnest)

Best wishes, and hope we don't see more of those (player base gone in 2 weeks) poverty leagues again.
Looking forward to PoE2
TimboZero

Edit - Congratulations on what feels like the least patched league in years. Despite continuing memory hole and server issues on console this league has excelled on that front.

I mean it was, until they nerfed it. Now it sucks and everyone is quiting.
highest player retention thanks to all the filthy trade bots? Cause these fuckers swarm the game more and more since a couple of leagues.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Timbo Zero wrote:
As per the title, I bet you GGG....

Press X to doubt.
I agree, this league has been a blast. Best since 3.13 (that was the best league imo)

The loot explosions are just dopamine overload. Idk why i'm even still playing. Everything is crazy inflated I can't afford to buy anything even with 400 divs sitting in my stash lol

"

The loot explosions are just dopamine overload. Idk why i'm even still playing. Everything is crazy inflated I can't afford to buy anything even with 400 divs sitting in my stash lol

I mean....wouldn't that be the opposite of dopamine overload? Everything is so overpriced that even dropping multiple divines in a single map has ultimately become totally meaningless.

It's the worst the game has ever been in terms of "drop excitement". It's like playing D2 with a drop mod on...fun for a very short amount of time until you realize "what's the point anymore?".
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"

I mean....wouldn't that be the opposite of dopamine overload? Everything is so overpriced that even dropping multiple divines in a single map has ultimately become totally meaningless.

It's the worst the game has ever been in terms of "drop excitement". It's like playing D2 with a drop mod on...fun for a very short amount of time until you realize "what's the point anymore?".

I feel this, but I get how some people are all about those loot piñatas. Personally I feel like the progression curve is kind of krangled, but we've been here before. At least this is better than Harvest was... I was done with that league in about a week.

At any rate, I got more than my money's worth out of this league trying out some of the new skills and testing build concepts for future leagues and the game is in a great state overall right now. If I play a little less this league than usual and spend that time in Fsctorio, DSP, and BG3... I mean, it's all good.
I hope GGG gets the memo: Finding stuff is FUN!
Sure there are some problems in the wildwood like the need to backtrack which is just a time waster you have to do if you want to maximize your whips. But overall it is a very fun mechanic and I have a blast.
"
MaxW81 wrote:
I hope GGG gets the memo: Finding stuff is FUN!

Exactly.

I don't want to keep seeing the same tier of mad drops of this league, nor the so-called poverty leagues. Some middle ground with league mechanics to engage the player in a new way to reach that middle ground would be perfect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info