GGG. I bet you Affliction has the highest player retention since 3.10,3.11 and maybe 3.17

As per the title, I bet you GGG that 3.23 (Affliction) has had (and continues to have) the highest player retention since 3.10 (Delirium),3.11 (Harvest), and maybe (due to the wow of the atlas passive tree) also 3.17 (Archnemesis).
Whilst I fully understand you will likely never release player retention numbers (except adjacent values as the number of wildwoods entered, number of the king of the mists killed, etc) and that retention certainly does not equal MTX spend, I certainly hope you can see that retention does increase the potential for MTX spend.

So, why bring this up?
Simple fact, those leagues were fun and rewarding (not just popular with the streamers who are your free advertising policy (please feel free to correct me on this if I am wrong, but I have never seen PoE promoted on PC, Xbox, or PS in 6 years. On Xbox if you search for free RPG, Action RPG, Dungeon Crawler, or any PoE descriptor it doesn't even rank first page).
I would hence argue that fun and reward equates to retention which in turn equates to potential increased revenue from MTX spend.

To finish, 3.23 (Affliction) has been the most fun I have had in 3 and a half years and more than likely 6 and a half years (when I started playing in earnest)

Best wishes, and hope we don't see more of those (player base gone in 2 weeks) poverty leagues again.
Looking forward to PoE2
TimboZero

Edit - Congratulations on what feels like the least patched league in years. Despite continuing memory hole and server issues on console this league has excelled on that front.
Last edited by Timbo Zero on Jan 18, 2024, 12:18:33 PM
Last bumped on Mar 5, 2024, 7:48:02 AM
MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on juice. I am not so foolish.

There will be a poverty league coming up next. According to what I was told, from a recent interview, the devs who attended regret their decision making this league as lucrative as it is. If anyone was smart, they would minimize their time engaging with this mechanic so they will be better prepared for next league.

That's what I did. I avoided Affliction and wisp juicing as much as possible. My currency came instead from making Incursion temples, opening strongboxes, and Harvest. I may not be rich, but I am mentally grounded for next league and won't be devastated when Affliction goes away.

And make no mistake, nothing from this is going core with the exception of maybe the uniques.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
If they're smart the next league will still be more lucrative than the average. You gotta get people off the juice slowly to not trigger withdrawal symptoms :P
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on juice. I am not so foolish.

There will be a poverty league coming up next. According to what I was told, from a recent interview, the devs who attended regret their decision making this league as lucrative as it is. If anyone was smart, they would minimize their time engaging with this mechanic so they will be better prepared for next league.

That's what I did. I avoided Affliction and wisp juicing as much as possible. My currency came instead from making Incursion temples, opening strongboxes, and Harvest. I may not be rich, but I am mentally grounded for next league and won't be devastated when Affliction goes away.

And make no mistake, nothing from this is going core with the exception of maybe the uniques.

I agree, but they have to learn to find a middle ground
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
If they're smart the next league will still be more lucrative than the average. You gotta get people off the juice slowly to not trigger withdrawal symptoms :P

Agreed but ween them slow down to a middle ground not an abject poverty league like we have seen so many times in the last few years.
"
Timbo Zero wrote:
"
Pizzarugi wrote:

I agree, but they have to learn to find a middle ground

Haha, I can't argue with that. I'd rather GGG stop making crazy money printer leagues than put players on a rollercoaster of wealth leagues followed by poverty leagues.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
100 divine mb's

OMEGALUL

no I want that gone lmao yo yo look it the fucking poe ninja prices holy fucking shit that's some monka

This is good once in awhile sure hahahahha
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jan 18, 2024, 4:08:11 PM
"
Timbo Zero wrote:

Best wishes, and hope we don't see more of those (player base gone in 2 weeks) poverty leagues again.

It's not any different this league as any other league cause most players are in fact done playing the league 2 weeks in or latest time 1 month in cause they've finished their goals for the league. PoE is just not really designed to be a long lasting game for the entire leagues duration and it's just a matter of time for most people to finish whatever they want to finish.
Even that "early" you can already feel the lesser amount of players compared to a few weeks ago.

Everyone playing past the 1 month or 1 1/2 month time is just the slower paced audience, or players who enjoy to create more than just one build during a league.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jan 18, 2024, 4:37:33 PM
We are ripe for a new meta currency shakeup....cut all drops by 90%, revert exalts and divines to their previous states, and make Binding Orbs the new chase currency!

Oh and also remove Abyss from the game. Stygian Vise's will now only drop from Delve Boss.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jan 18, 2024, 7:03:23 PM
meanwhile it's the league that probably made me quit poe 1 for good. playing ssfhc in last epoch made me realize that softcore of this game has become a joke over the years and is no longer fun. I've never played ssf in poe, because it's boring, and every time I played hc in poe, I died to some random shit or a crash. on the other hand, going ssfhc on a blind playthrough worked perfectly fine in last epoch. it also worked in grim dawn when I played it and it was hella fun.

why is this league generally praised? because even the most casual person can make some cash and can afford good stuff such as perfect rares and chase uniques. then why aren't we playing games where that's a natural thing and you don't need to rely on temporary mechanics or unintended interactions to get good gear?

people are basically praising GGG for providing a solution, to a problem that's created by GGG in the first place. there won't be a league like this in the near future where everything is accessible by everyone, and if that's what people want to see, just move on to other games where things are inherently easily accessible

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info