[3.24] Guide Power Siphon - Trikster - Afana (Full Unique)

Is anyone else using the "HH" tincture? I have one with 27% chance, which should get boosted to over 100% with 4 empty flask slots. However I am sure I am not getting a buff back 100% of the time, sometimes I get a rare or two in a row that just doesn't give me a buff. Anyone else experiencing that?
since we're using ralakesh, we don't actually get shocked from the shield since we don't ever max our power charges. we are just counted as max power charges thanks to the boots.
https://pobb.in/u/Cjiaqin/3oFgpKWDkVoj

i feel squishy am i doing anything wrong?
Last edited by Cjiaqin on Jan 14, 2024, 5:40:22 AM
"
etonto wrote:
Is anyone else using the "HH" tincture? I have one with 27% chance, which should get boosted to over 100% with 4 empty flask slots. However I am sure I am not getting a buff back 100% of the time, sometimes I get a rare or two in a row that just doesn't give me a buff. Anyone else experiencing that?

"
It's because he just steals a buff and doesn't repeat it.
"
CedricDur wrote:
"
SexonFive wrote:
"
CedricDur wrote:
Where is Onslaught coming from? I don't see a source in the build despite being toggled in the calculations.

"
I tested the Onslaught/Pen tinture, but ended up switching to MF in the future.

Ah, that explains it. I saw the comment about Convocation also being a left over, maybe you should paste new POBs without those artifacts.

"
Being immune to shock allows me to change the belt to HH and allows me to simulacrum, as the lack of mana doesn't bother me. We are already immune to freezing.

You're the expert here, but have you considered removing Throatseeker and Critical Mastery to instead pick Disciple of the Forbidden? PoB says the damage remains the same (3 million 415k with Throatseeker VS 3 million 429k with Disciple of the Forbidden) but there is 8% mana regen per power charge (you mentioned mana being tight in some fights) as well as allowing to pick one ailment immunity. Since we are shocked via the shield we could pick Shock immunity from it, or whatever could be useful like immunity to Freeze.

Or more damage like the 3% extra damage per charge, but that only boosts damage to 3 million 650k.

I think one 'free' immunity is tempting especially with the Shock from the shield.

But I may be missing nuances.
"
SexonFive wrote:

"
Being immune to shock allows me to change the belt to HH and allows me to simulacrum, as the lack of mana doesn't bother me. We are already immune to freezing.

I don't want to be a nuisance but it's hard to understand what you're trying to convey. Being immune to shock allows you change belts? Is it the belt preventing you from being shocked? Or is the belt shocking you? I understand brazilian if you'd rather speak in that language.

I understand that the ascendency prevents us from being Frozen, but what prevents Shock or Ignites? I also now understand that the shield does not actually shock us (thanks for explaining, cXs808!), but we should(?) still be vulnerable to that ailment, and ignites.

So the question I asked remains: what are the upsides/downsides of changing Throatseeker for Disciple of the Forbidden? PoB says the damage is unchanged, but can we trust PoB? One only gives damage, the other gives the same damage but adds some mana regen and one ailment immunity of our choosing. Even if no ailment immunity is picked the damage is the same and one skillpoint is saved.

I'm not well versed in the game's mechanics so just trying to understand, thanks for the patience.
Last edited by CedricDur on Jan 14, 2024, 8:37:40 AM
"
CedricDur wrote:
"
SexonFive wrote:

"

I don't want to be a nuisance but it's hard to understand what you're trying to convey. Being immune to shock allows you change belts? Is it the belt preventing you from being shocked? Or is the belt shocking you? I understand brazilian if you'd rather speak in that language.

I understand that the ascendency prevents us from being Frozen, but what prevents Shock or Ignites? I also now understand that the shield does not actually shock us (thanks for explaining, cXs808!), but we should(?) still be vulnerable to that ailment, and ignites.

So the question I asked remains: what are the upsides/downsides of changing Throatseeker for Disciple of the Forbidden? PoB says the damage is unchanged, but can we trust PoB? One only gives damage, the other gives the same damage but adds some mana regen and one ailment immunity of our choosing. Even if no ailment immunity is picked the damage is the same and one skillpoint is saved.

I'm not well versed in the game's mechanics so just trying to understand, thanks for the patience.

"
Come on, Malachai's Loop causes you to shcok when you reach max Power Charge, something that doesn't happen when you're wearing the Graven's Secret Belt, being immune to shock thanks to charge mastery, allows you to take off the belt (Graven's Secret) and put on another as HH.

Immunity options:
"In a game scenario, various afflictions can significantly affect gameplay, freezing being one of the most problematic. To solve this challenge, the "One Step Ahead" skill provides near immunity to cold and freezing effects.

As far as physical afflictions are concerned, an effective strategy involves using a jewel of the abyss with the corruption "Corrupted blood cannot be inflicted by you", eliminating worries about bleeding. Similarly, a corrupted ring with the property "Bleeding cannot be inflicted by you" solves the issue of bleeding.

Regarding fire afflictions, incorporating the "Soul of Abberath" Pantheon provides a robust defense, while mastering charges is an effective solution to lightning effects. It's important to note that these choices are optional and should be aligned with your game strategy and character building."

The build doesn't have 100% immunity to elemental afflictions, but it manages to be quite resistant to them and immune to physical ones.
"
Cjiaqin wrote:
https://pobb.in/u/Cjiaqin/3oFgpKWDkVoj

i feel squishy am i doing anything wrong?

"
1 - Use blessed orb on your amulet to get 24 dex/int so you get 1 passive point
2 - Weapon roll is important and relevant 18% atk speed/115% elemental damage
3 - change your tree to this one (https://pobb.in/qFgwfrj6OSIe)
4- Change your Power Sipnho to 20/23, Snipe mark 20/20, mark on hit 20/20, Volatily 20/20
5 - The two amulets must be allocated "Overcharge" and with 24/24 dex/int, this will help you a lot in single target.
Nothing in Graven's belt speaks of immunity to anything, or charge masteries, hence my confusion.

I still don't see where it's coming in regards of the from but at least now I know it grants Shock immunity which is all I need to know.

Edit: I finally understand what you mean! 'Charge Masteries' means 'Charge Mastery', the notable from Disciple of the Forbidden. No wonder I searched for 'charge masteries' in PoB and came up empty :D

Okay, bit of miscommunication but I get ya.

So Graven's belt prevents being Shocked from the shield (but does not stop regular Shock from other avenues), Frozen is taken care of by the ascendency, and Ignite is halved by Abberath.

If Shock is a problem then the Charge Mastery can take care of it even while wearing the belt. I'm not sure how much of a problem Shock actually is in this game.

Well, I see no reason to go Throatseeker in that case. I get the same damage with Throatseeker or Disciple of the Forbidden while having one immunity and 80% extra mana regen with the later for the cost of 10 intelligence.

I apologize for being a newbie pain in the ass since I don't know the mechanics of the game, but loving the build btw. Running around at 60% movement speed and clearing a screen full of mobs with one hit is a PoE experience that experienced players take for granted but it's my first build doing it and I love how you put it together cheaply enough we can get the full experience starting at level 1 instead of other builds where we are told to level until 70 and then change to the build.

Definitely deserving of build of the week in my book.
"
CedricDur wrote:
Nothing in Graven's belt speaks of immunity to anything, or charge masteries, hence my confusion.

I still don't see where it's coming in regards of the from but at least now I know it grants Shock immunity which is all I need to know.

Edit: I finally understand what you mean! 'Charge Masteries' means 'Charge Mastery', the notable from Disciple of the Forbidden. No wonder I searched for 'charge masteries' in PoB and came up empty :D

Okay, bit of miscommunication but I get ya.

So Graven's belt prevents being Shocked from the shield (but does not stop regular Shock from other avenues), Frozen is taken care of by the ascendency, and Ignite is halved by Abberath.

If Shock is a problem then the Charge Mastery can take care of it even while wearing the belt. I'm not sure how much of a problem Shock actually is in this game.

Well, I see no reason to go Throatseeker in that case. I get the same damage with Throatseeker or Disciple of the Forbidden while having one immunity and 80% extra mana regen with the later for the cost of 10 intelligence.

I apologize for being a newbie pain in the ass since I don't know the mechanics of the game, but loving the build btw. Running around at 60% movement speed and clearing a screen full of mobs with one hit is a PoE experience that experienced players take for granted but it's my first build doing it and I love how you put it together cheaply enough we can get the full experience starting at level 1 instead of other builds where we are told to level until 70 and then change to the build.

Definitely deserving of build of the week in my book.

"
-Throatseeker: Best source of Crit mult, and there is no other point that can give you as much global crit mult as this point. It is not similar to or inferior to the "Discipline of the forbbiden" point. The build was built to have all the crit mult points in the tree, unfortunately we don't have many options.

As for the belt, it doesn't give immunity to shock, but it does give immunity to the shield's self-shock.

Thanks for testing and liking my build, I hope GGG will post my build on "Build the Week", and if it's too much to ask, I'd like you to suggest my build for competition in the game's support.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info