[3.24] Vengeance Ignite Autobomber - Melee Ignite League Starter

I'm currently planning on making this build, working through the story. If we end up using phase run on boots, is there any charms that would make it worth trying the Primalist over the Warden, are tinctures really good? So far this league I've only used charms and have found them very helpful. Thanks for the build.
"
TheGreatSage wrote:
I'm currently planning on making this build, working through the story. If we end up using phase run on boots, is there any charms that would make it worth trying the Primalist over the Warden, are tinctures really good? So far this league I've only used charms and have found them very helpful. Thanks for the build.

Running phase run and keeping boots empty + tincture flask effect is probably still the best for clear speed, though it does start to get a bit hard to control with that much movement speed. If you're not keeping boots empty then I'd definitely go charms. Even if you don't, charms will be better for damage and tankiness at the cost of speed.
Last edited by Juminoh on Dec 23, 2023, 2:15:37 PM
Thanks for the reply, having fun with the build so far now that I cleared the acts. Found the tinctures underwhelming and once I got the good quicksilver flasks didn't seem like I needed that extra 30%.

Anyways, fun build so far. The one thing I've been wondering is if there is a weapon swap that we could run for taking down some of the tougher enemies. I find bosses pretty slow overall and was hoping there might be something that we could use to take them out faster. I've seen a few other builds that use a different gem layout but I don't know enough about poe at the moment to theory craft single target dps like that.

Thanks again for the build.
"
TheGreatSage wrote:
Thanks for the reply, having fun with the build so far now that I cleared the acts. Found the tinctures underwhelming and once I got the good quicksilver flasks didn't seem like I needed that extra 30%.

Anyways, fun build so far. The one thing I've been wondering is if there is a weapon swap that we could run for taking down some of the tougher enemies. I find bosses pretty slow overall and was hoping there might be something that we could use to take them out faster. I've seen a few other builds that use a different gem layout but I don't know enough about poe at the moment to theory craft single target dps like that.

Thanks again for the build.

Glad you enjoyed it! For single target I might try a weapon swap to Infernal Blow of Immolation and with Ruthless Support and Controlled Blaze (should align with the fully charged hit), would definitely be a lot higher damage but it's a bit risky to stand still for so long.
Loving the build, although I've modified it, mostly because I couldn't find room for the CWDT. I'm using my chest for Armageddon Brand, and have a rare amulet for dex and resists. I've still gotten through the Acts (I started league a bit late), and had no trouble with my first white maps. Here's a current PoB, for anyone interested: https://pobb.in/z6gIgXOklkdz

I did notice a discrepancy in your upgrades section. You say, "1. Get exposure on hit eldritch implicit gloves" but a couple of lines later, you tell us "4. Get Physical Damage converted to Fire Damage on gloves." I'd have no problem with these directions, but both of the enchants are Eater. They won't both fit on one piece of gear! Might wanna rethink that :)
Last edited by weisenheimer on Dec 27, 2023, 3:43:51 AM
"
weisenheimer wrote:
Loving the build, although I've modified it, mostly because I couldn't find room for the CWDT. I'm using my chest for Armageddon Brand, and have a rare amulet for dex and resists. I've still gotten through the Acts (I started league a bit late), and had no trouble with my first white maps. Here's a current PoB, for anyone interested: https://pobb.in/z6gIgXOklkdz

I did notice a discrepancy in your upgrades section. You say, "1. Get exposure on hit eldritch implicit gloves" but a couple of lines later, you tell us "4. Get Physical Damage converted to Fire Damage on gloves." I'd have no problem with these directions, but both of the enchants are Eater. They won't both fit on one piece of gear! Might wanna rethink that :)

Ah, should have been more clear, Get Physical Damage converted to Fire Damage on gloves refers to the explicit from either a temple or veiled modifier, not the implicit. I'll edit to make it more clear.
Last edited by Juminoh on Dec 28, 2023, 12:13:26 PM
Enjoying the build a lot, thanks for putting it together!

I'm having a hard time figuring out why my Ignite DPS in PoB is so much lower than yours. The PoB link shows 3 mil but I'm stuck around 1.3 mil, even with lots of the suggested upgrades. Seems like I am missing something?

https://pobb.in/24uJYrYECzji

Any chance someone could take a look?

EDIT: Realized I forgot to drop Resolute Technique, which jumped me to 1.8 million ignite DPS. Updated the POB link but I am still over a million short.
Last edited by CaptainBlumpkins on Dec 29, 2023, 5:07:48 PM
possibly missed it, what order do we take ascendency nodes?
So we want to drop a total of 90% phys to fire conversion from the tree to trade it for 35% phys to fire conversion on the gloves instead? This seems like a massive downgrade, am I missing something?
And she's back.

So I started following the upgrade steps. I qualitied everything that made sense, upgraded all my gems to lvl 20/21, corrupted all the uniques (including Anathema), made many edits to my passive tree (wound up with two megalomaniac jewels in place, along with an 8 skill large cluster jewel), with the net result that my Total Damage per Ignite is a whopping 770k (yes, I did remember to set the configuration section), just about 1/4 of the damage shown in Juminoh's POB.

So, I posted this in its original form, but subsequently have changed things up more than a bit. I'm really no longer following the build 100%. Gearing is the same, save that I replaced Anathema with Polaric Devastation (or will once i hit lvl 80), and removed the Megalomaniac jewels. The tree, though, is so different that i'd be hard pressed to describe the changes in words, so here's a current PoB: https://pobb.in/EVIoje8DVZ0S

The upshot is that I'm getting 1.74 million total dmg/ignite against a pinnacle boss, and 2.46 against mobs. Sweet damage - but i'm a glass cannon. With only 3100 life, the 10408 armour gives me 68% DR before endurance charges, and it's just not enough.

tl;dr I changed things up a lot. More offense, but not enough defense. PoB: https://pobb.in/EVIoje8DVZ0S
Last edited by weisenheimer on Jan 1, 2024, 2:01:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info