[3.24] Vengeance Ignite Autobomber - Melee Ignite League Starter

Introduction
This is my take on a melee ignite build! A league start viable autobomber that uses Vengeance to automatically ignite and explode enemies as we run past them!

League start POB (what's used in video and gif): https://pobb.in/Z4J5UzQEh1Z8
Delirious Forge of the Phoenix: https://youtu.be/dr4nroUL4xk

Pros & Cons

+ Extremely fast and strong mapper
+ Autobomber with explosions!
+ League start viable
+ High damage uptime and projection
+ Ailment and stun immune
+ Doesn't require 6 link
+ No mana issues (never spend any)
+ Good defensive layers
+ No temporary league power is used in any of the showcases (see tab for league specific suggestions)

- Not SSF viable (need Eye of Innocence at least)
- Pinnacle bosses are slow
- Have to level as something else (guide included)
- Melee (with ignite spread though)
- Damage is difficult to scale past ~3m DoT DPS

Necropolis League Specific
Spoiler
Not too many new modifiers revealed yet, but the crafting should make better rares more accessible. Tattoo's are also back and there are some decent defensive modifiers we can use to replace intelligence nodes (reduced effect of curses on you and reduced critical strike damage taken). Will update again a few days into the league when we know more!

Build Mechanics

Spoiler
Automatically triggering Vengeance
Spoiler
Core idea of the build is to automatically trigger Vengeance as we run through the map.

To trigger Vengeance we need to get hit and, since we don't want to rely on enemies hitting us, we can equip Eye of Innocence so we hit ourselves whenever we ignite an enemy. Allocating Shaper of Flames allows all our damage to ignite, meaning we just need to hit enemies to trigger Vengeance. To hit enemies we can equip Abberath's Hooves which trigger Abberath's Fury every time we take a step, allowing us to rapidly hit enemies just by running past them.

Sustaining Eye of Innocence self-damage
Spoiler
Eye of Innocence causes us to take 100 fire damage when we ignite an enemy. This is somewhat mitigated by our high fire resistance, but we inflict dozens of ignites every second on every nearby enemy each of which spreads to ignite nearby enemies. Since this can cause us to take >10,000 dps post-mitigation in large packs, we can't out regen it with normal methods. However, we can equip Ngamahu's Sign, which causes us to recover 20-30 life when we ignite an enemy. Not only does this allow us to sustain Eye of Innocence self-damage, it provides massive regen while clearing since it heals us each time we ignite an enemy.

Explosions
Spoiler
Voltaxic Burst causes enemies to explode on death if they died with .5 seconds of being hit by the skill. Voltaxic Burst has a built in delay, but constantly triggering it with level 1 Cast When Damage Taken turns it into an excellent source of explosions while clearing.

Infernal Cry causes all enemies on the screen to explode on death. We link it to Call to Arms so we can have it on automatically triggering on cooldown!

Self-ignite
Spoiler
We frequently hit ourselves with small amounts of fire damage (see Automatically triggering Vengeance), which by default doesn't ignite us. However, by using Replica Reckless Defense, we can allow some of these hits to ignite us. The ignites are very small (~20 dps), so we can easily out regen them. We gain a few advantages by having a small ignite on us at all times.

Freeze + chill immunity (Martyr of Innocence )
70% increased damage (Eye of Innocence)
2% of fire damage leeched as life (Eye of Innocence)
Immunity to damaging ailments (Protection Mastery)

Defensive Layers
Spoiler
These are the defensive layers we have on league start:

Fortify
5 Endurance Charges
Determination + armour investment on tree
78 max elemental resistance
35% Block
Ailment + Stun immunity
Extremely safe play style (long ignites and always moving)
Chilled ground from Cold Snap

Pantheon
Spoiler
Take the small pantheon that gives reduced effect of shock, otherwise big shocks in big packs can cause our self-hits to kill us since Ngamahu's Sign can't keep up. Big pantheon is personal preference/depends on content.

Starter Gear
Spoiler
Mandatory Uniques:
Abberath's Hooves
Eye of Innocence
Martyr of Innocence (unlinked)
Ngamahu's Sign

Recommended Uniques:
Dyadian Dawn
Replica Reckless Defense

General Rares: Prioritize getting elemental resistance capped(remember to include resistance from endurance charges) and life. Chaos resistance and Dexterity if your elemental resistances are capped.
Flasks: Our clear speed is limited by our movement speed, so a quicksilver flask(maybe even 2 enkindled) is highly recommended

Skills
Spoiler
Martyr of Innocence (Doesn't need to be linked)
Immolate, Unbound Ailments, Burning Damage, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Cruelty, Swift Affliction(can substitute in Efficacy if struggling with colors early)

Auras
Malevolence, Anger, Determination

Phase Run
Phase Run - Increased Duration - Automation

Lifetapped 4-link
Lifetap - Infernal Cry - Call to Arms - Flammability (doesn't need to be lifetapped/linked early)

CWDT 4-link #1
Lifetap - Cast When Damage Taken (level 1) - Voltaxic Burst(level 1) - Wave of Conviction(level 1)

CWDT 4-link #2 (Optional if struggling with sockets early)
Lifetap - Cast When Damage Taken (level 1) - Flame Surge (level 1) - Vaal Cold Snap(level 1)

Leveling and Transition
Spoiler
Leveling as the standard fire witch, which is always excellent on league start and doesn't require any respec points outside what we get from mainline quests. We use Holy Flame Totem + Flame Wall before we get Armageddon Brand + Cremation.

Imexile fire witch leveling video

Leveling POB: https://pobb.in/l6gUW4s-u7UL

Transition when you have hit the level requirements (68) and have enough currency to afford the mandatory uniques (depends on economy but has never been more than 30c day 1 or 10c day 3). Armageddon Brand ignite is a strong build for atlas progression so don't worry about swapping as soon as you get to maps. Personally I swapped in yellow maps and it felt very comfortable before and after. Recommended uniques are all pretty common/cheap and generally should be your first upgrades.

Upgrades
Spoiler
Upgrades (loosely ordered)
1. Get exposure on hit eldritch implicit gloves and swap Wave of Conviction for Combustion socketed in the boots
2. Start to quality stuff (gems, flasks, catalyze Dyadian Dawn(Elemental or Attack))
3. Add eldritch implicits to rares
4. Get Physical Damage converted to Fire Damage on gloves (temple or veiled) and drop Avatar of Fire and Arsonist (6 points)
5. Use freed points from previous upgrade and drop steadfast cluster (5 points) to get a large 8 passive cluster jewel with Overlord and another good notable (ideally Aggressive Defence)
6. Drop Deep Thoughts cluster (3 points) to get a megalomaniac with increased mana reservation efficiency for one of our auras and another good node (Stormrider or something with accuracy makes next step easier).
7. Get enough accuracy to cap hit chance and a bit of critical strike chance and swap from Resolute Technique to Elemental Overload (Eagle Eye cluster and mastery for increased accuracy at close range)
8. Upgrade rares to have damage/luxury mods (e.g. increased fire damage, reduced effect of curses on you or flat physical damage reduction) (can go for capped spell suppression here but that makes coloring gear annoying)
9. Add more curses (Anathema, anoint, corrupt Eye of Innocence)
10. Corruption hunt on Eye of Innocence, Abberath's Hooves, Ngamahu's Sign and Dyadian Dawn
11. Upgrade cluster jewels to have 3 good notables on the large and both megalomaniacs (get Enduring Composure and drop Inexorable cluster, Unspeakable Gifts lets us drop a CWDT setup which is useful for freeing up sockets for golems later)
12. Watcher's Eye with some good mods
13. Get Forbidden Flesh + Flame for Elemancer, Shaper of Flames or Heart of Destruction and drop Shaper of Storms for Liege of the Primordial and Elemancer
14. Awakened Support Gems, Enlighten, Empower

Other Autobomber Guides
Last edited by Juminoh on Apr 18, 2024, 11:17:54 PM
Last bumped on Apr 6, 2024, 7:40:11 PM
Very interesting mapper, any mods to avoid? I doubt trying this league, bc I'm a one build guy, I'll be here th next league for the updates.

"
Very interesting mapper, any mods to avoid? I doubt trying this league, bc I'm a one build guy, I'll be here th next league for the updates.

Thanks! Elemental reflect and chance to avoid elemental ailments are the two I always roll over. For delirium mirror/highly delirious maps I also try to avoid more than two damage mods, especially -maximum resistance, if you're trying to level past ~95.
Ruthless does not work on Vengeance. It only works on Strike and Slam skills, and Vengeance is not either of those. You can check in game.
"

Ruthless does not work on Vengeance. It only works on Strike and Slam skills, and Vengeance is not either of those. You can check in game.

Oh lol, you're absolutely right. Changed to recommend different support gem options which improves our dps quite a bit.
Last edited by Juminoh on Oct 6, 2023, 12:25:32 PM
Updated guide for 3.23! Added a section on the Wildwood ascendancy classes (Warden of the Magi gives us a massive 40% increased movement speed along with whatever tinctures will end up offering!). Other than that there were no significant changes for this build except to remove helmet enchant from the upgrades section and a slight damage boost from the gem quality changes.
Vengeance has a 1.2 second cooldown, that doesn't affect the clearspeed a bit, especially with tanky rares in red maps?

I noticed in the Phoenix map, you just ran past all the rares.
I'm in t11 maps now,clear is good but movement speed is really slow.
By the way,since we don't have Ignite Proliferation,how could I 1 hit mobs.
because we have explode? or most mobs were killed by Abberath's Hooves ?
I don't think Replica Reckless Defense is available anymore. Does this impact the build a lot?
"
Lurern wrote:
I don't think Replica Reckless Defense is available anymore. Does this impact the build a lot?

Wdym? Its available

Forgot to ask what I wanted to:
Why do you allocate skills use life instead of 30% mana when everything is linked to lifetap (or doesnt use mana)?
Last edited by Zenotik on Dec 12, 2023, 1:19:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info