The Bosses and Monsters of Path of Exile 2

Having read through the posts here, I just want to say that I really look forward to the design philosophy PoE 2 represents. I stopped playing PoE for quite some time because it seems like the people who want the game to be all about zooming through all the content were getting their way at every turn. I thought about making a post about it, but ultimately I realized, people genuinely like the game like this, and who am I to say that the game should be what I want rather than what they want? I just thought, I should look for a new game.

I've come across some games that come pretty close to what I want... probably the best example, my favourite game at the the moment, is Tales of Maj'Eyal, which is essentially a turn-based arpg with a style of combat which is about as fun and complex as the process of figuring out how to build your characters. Still... I'd love to see a game like that which isn't turn-based.

I had a bit of hope that I'd see an arpg that lines up a bit more with what I want when I first heard about PoE 2, but ultimately I realized, if PoE 1 was going to turn into PoE 2 then the same people would make the same complaints about the game not being fast enough, and we'd end up in the same place.

So hearing that PoE 2 is now going to be a separate game seems like a great solution to me. People who want an arpg where you do zoomies through hordes of enemies get to play PoE 1. People like me who want to engage with every enemy get to play PoE 2. We both get what we want. Cool.
"
Beglets wrote:

Maybe buy some 3-rd party game engine if you can't make it yourself.

Use Unity they said, it's nearly free and what can possibly happen they said.

ggg using their own engine and sticking to it, has been their best decision ever, it's flexible, adaptable to your needs, it makey your game look different from other games.

but well, yes, you might have some issues with folks judging a arpg solely on how it looks.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info