The Trial of the Ancestors Hideout Competition

Title: The Moon of Arohongui
Hideout base: Celestial MTX
Category: MTX/Prenium
God: Arohongui, daughter of the moon.

Very last minute hideout to most likely inspire people doing a base around it than winning the MTX contest! Feel free to download and edit!

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/ECdXZuv

EDIT FOR EXPIRED Download: https://easyupload.io/rz24fv
Last edited by Frozenpatatoes on Oct 6, 2023, 2:30:56 AM
Hideout name: The Inbetween, Te Waenganui
Hideout base: Natural category, MTX-free, Luxurious Hideout
Karui Gods: Arohongui (Daughter of the Moon) + Hinekora (Mother of Death)

Video | Download

The air fills with the clatter of swords and armor, of both victors and vanquished. From east to west you see blades and bones sticking out of men and beast alike. Steel pierce the earth, rich iron flowing out of enemies and friends and into the roots of the land. Is the cycle of life always this violent?

The rest of the village reanimates to tend to the wounded and reunite with loved ones. Others are not as fortunate.

Near you, soft sobs somehow break through the busyness. A child, surely no more than twelve years old, kneels next to a wounded solider. He gently brushes the man’s forehead, leaving streaks of mud across the soldier’s face.

They would have looked identical if the man didn’t have a small gash running from shoulder to chest and several cuts on his chin.

At a glance the man looks like every corpse around you. If you were feeling more generous, you’d probably even volunteer to bury this man in his final resting place. Thankfully the almost imperceptible rising and falling of his chest frees you from any heroic duty. You’re in no condition to be doing any heavy lifting right now.

“I’m sorry, papa. I’m sorry I couldn’t be by your side. I kept running until mama and pepi were safe - just like you taught me. Just like we did every single morning.” He looks down at his hands and you see small protrusions at the base of his fingers - the kind you get from trying to grip a much heavier steelsword in your hand. “ I told you I was ready to fight. I’m sorry for leaving you alone.”

The child wets his fingers and draws muddy symbols on the soldier’s forehead. He draws a large circle in the middle of the forehead and three smaller circles equidistant from each other. The child reaches into a makeshift pack and produces a tiny pebble and places it on the rightmost circle. You recognize this as a farewell rite - a protective “ward” to send fallen warriors into the Halls of the Dead.

Does he not see his father is still breathing?

You shuffle a little and let your armor clatter with the hilt of your sword. The sound alerts the child to your presence as intended. He sits up suddenly, his hand falling onto his father’s chest. The pebble rolls off the wounded soldier’s forehead.

“He’s not dead, you know.” He looks at you, still startled, and then looks back at his unmoving father. The boy’s hands feel around the soldier’s chest, tracing the trail of blood pooling wider onto his father’s shirt. He gives the man a nudge. No response. “Well, he’s not here either.”

“That’s the Halls of the Dead ritual, right?” The child nods. Curious, but still suspicious. The fact that you recognize the rite he was performing seems to ease his mind a little. “Well, I don’t think he’s there right now. He’s somewhere around the middle.”

He looks back at his father’s forehead and touches the smaller circle in the middle, fingers slowly tracing the mark. You nod to confirm.

“There’s a place called The Inbetween. Te Waenganui. Ever heard of it? My people believe that we don’t go straight to the Halls of the Dead - not always at least. It is said that Arohongui herself made a deal with Hinekora to give space for the wounded and fallen, and she herself brings them to Te Waenganui.”

His eyes light up at the mention of the Moon Daughter. “Is Arohongui going to save my papa from Hinekora?”

“I don’t think Arohongui can pluck souls away from Hinekora. I think what Arohongui offers is choice. In Te Waenganui warriors are given rest and space. They can seek respite from life or death and just be.”

“Warriors have essentially two choices in Te Waenganui. They can follow the white lights and return here”, you point at the leftmost circle on the soldier’s forehead, “Or they can follow the red lights and cross the Mother’s Garden into the Halls of the Dead.

The Garden is Arohongui’s offering to the Mother for agreeing to her request. I heard that Arohongui herself walks with the tired warriors through the Garden where they lay their swords to rest forever, and usher their souls safely through the Halls of the Dead.”

“That sounds scary. Te Waenganui doesn’t sound like a nice place.” the child asks.

“Well, what someone sees depends on who’s visiting. Some people see endless valleys with birds of every color lining the sky. Others awaken in a cove surrounded by mangroves. For others, it’s just an endless, unmoving lake spilling from horizon to horizon. What do you think he would see?” you gesture towards the wounded soldier.

“Trees. Lots of trees. Maybe me and pepi running around and chasing ducks. We like swimming in the lake a lot. Then he’ll be fishing. We’ll catch a big fish, gut it, and make soup.”

“Then that’s where he is.”

The boy glances at his father and touches his chest, his small hands now rising and falling with the soldier’s slow but steady breathing. “I hope he doesn’t follow the red lights. I hope he’s catching a lot of fishies.”

He picks up the pebble and places it on the middle circle of his father’s forehead. The boy closes his eyes and begins humming a song. You don't recognize the words but remember the melody being sung in Arohongui's temples.
So a big grz to the winners!
cya Deathtiny
level fast, die young and leave a nice looking corpse!
Tinyshideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3260135
If these results are official, I was able to confirm one technical plagiarism at top5 that I will very soon report to you. Then I do not see some of the faces that deserved the top5s, but not in the top5s. But then, I also see some faces who got what they really deserved for their magnificent works. And then separation of the free and MTX-included works, and the addition of a theme were some of the nice improvements of this competition. So I am in between neutral and negative for the outcome, leaning more on the neutral side. But it turned out to be clear that for the future of the official competitions, there needs to be improvements. I want to let you know that I am always here for assistance if needed.

With love,
Peggy ❤
𝐀 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠❢ https://ironhideout.net 🪽
𝐌𝐲 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝: /view-thread/3483665
𝐌𝐲 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 (𝐔𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝑺𝒐𝒐𝒏): /view-thread/3263906
𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧/𝐋𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝 | 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝: pegasusrider
𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝟓-𝟔-𝟕-𝟗-𝟏𝟐 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝟏𝟑: /view-thread/3519150
Last edited by PegasusRideR on Oct 15, 2023, 6:53:28 PM
POG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type