3.22 Performance

4070Ti, Ryzen 9 7900 12 Core, 32Gb DDR5, 2560x1440 all settings set to the minimum except textures on high. Obviously good enough to run the game.

DX11 Offers the highest frame rate (capped 152fps in hideout), DX12 and Vulkan only reach 92fps (while in hideout and are very stuttery).

100% GPU load basically at all times. Massive stuttering (even 120 fps feels awful), fps drops especially bad anywhere with lava, forest or water. (dips down to below 60, while only in campaign areas and when doing basically any league mechanic). Strongboxes and delirium are especially bad and basically unplayable.

Have tried both steam and standalone client, cleared caches, done everything in your technical support note. This has been happening since the new particle system patch but has gotten worse with the current league.

Hope we can at least get some communication about this. Just want the game to run like it used to.
Last edited by iSkipzz on Nov 4, 2023, 1:48:18 PM
Last bumped on Mar 23, 2024, 10:38:15 AM
For me it is CPU load. I am playing PoE for a long time now, but loading into maps and the first 10 seconds afterwards PoE has 80%+ CPU Usage. Never experienced that high load on CPU before 3.22.
I thought I was the only one having this issue. The game doesn't even load on my laptop anymore (infinite loading screen), and even when using GeForce Now (Game Streaming Service) it sometimes does that infinite loading screen occasionally as well, and stutters very often on random occasions with some areas having black screens before taking awhile to load.
"
iSkipzz wrote:
but has gotten worse with the current league.

oof
Optimization is still embarrassingly bad despite the updates. Since the new "Particle System" patch 3-4 weeks PoE on low-mid settings at 80FPS spikes my CPU cores to higher temperatures loading into my Hideout or a Map for example(75-85C roughly) than Apex Legends at 165HZ(Cores rarely go above 65-70C) and BF2042 at 165FPS. I locked my FPS to 80FPS for the time being. Temperature spikes of such extreme magnitude didn't exist before the "Particle System" update. From the best of my memory my CPU cores rarely reached 70C before the "Particle System" update.

Feels good using a i7-13700kf, 4070, 32GB DDR5 RAM, 240MM AiO LC, SSD to run a 10 year old game at pathetic performance levels. I've seen far too many posts of people with i9-13900k/4090/32-64GB of DDR5 experiencing the same thing. Clearly they just need to upgrade to better specs haha.

I can confidently say the current PoE performance is the either the worst or close to the worst optimization I've ever seen in any game I've played. GGG is highly raved about, the performance issues since the "Particle System" update have left a sour taste in my mouth though. It's laughable how poor the optimization is. Many players can't even play yet they refuse to revert, very impressive lol.
Last edited by CaptnX on Aug 19, 2023, 9:40:44 AM
I was even enduring the lag but how am I going to complete the acts with the town taking 2 minutes to load?
"
CaptnX wrote:
I can confidently say the current PoE performance is the either the worst or close to the worst optimization I've ever seen in any game I've played. GGG is highly raved about, the performance issues since the "Particle System" update have left a sour taste in my mouth though. It's laughable how poor the optimization is. Many players can't even play yet they refuse to revert, very impressive lol.

Well, i guess they are testing things for the upcoming PoE 2. But even if that`s the case, i`m not willing to pay for new cosmetics in the new league (although i wanted to), and will just comfortably skip it until better days (if)
You're likely correct in regards to them testing for PoE2 and testing is essential. Simply put there's much more effective routes of optimization without effecting a large portion of your playerbase, for example they could easily utilize a PTR or go the route of much further testing before releasing. This is my second league in PoE, coming in I held GGG in high regards as they were highly raved about and respected as I summarized in my previous post. This patch is the lack of respect for your playerbase, they should be ashamed that there's been such a lack of communication and action in general.
they dont give support by email, tell us to come to the forum but there is no support here too...
What pisses me off the most is that they rush their barely working patches like that engine patch which caused whole this mess to begin with without properly testing it.
Possibly, they can't roll it back now...

And guess what they will say, "we're sorry" since they know and players know that there is no way back and the only hope is that maybe they will fix it somehow. If they even will...

It's like check mate, but for players.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Aug 19, 2023, 12:42:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info