(3.22) Boneshatter Juggernaut SSF HC viable-very tanky and atleast 5 mil damage[for newer players]

"
TheUtilityMan wrote:
"
Lochlan360 wrote:

Ancestral Cry should be on your left mouse click to move and always keep it up, CWDT is just for Vulnerability. If you read CWDT it will tell you can only cast supported skill requiring lvl58 or lower which lvl 14 vulnerability is lvl58 gem. I'm assuming the reason for not leveling them further is due to the threshold of hp loss required to cast supported skill. i.e. you will have more uptime on the curse.

I had no idea I could move with Ancestral Cry lol. Thank you! =)

As for CWDT and Vulnerability that does make sense, but is the HP required when leveling really too much? I guess I'll hold off on leveling it then.

No problem! Left click is great for shields too on builds, molten shell etc.
Been following this guide as I level. Wow I'm learning alot of neat tricks I didn't know existed. Have a question about the POB Skills section. There's a socket group called "4 link + 2 link= 2h axe setup.

Am I reading this correctly, that it goes Multiple Totems > Maim > Ancestral Protector > Vall Ancestral Warchief

And then bottom (or top) 2 socks are Vaal Molten Shell > War Banner?
Last edited by adamsaun on Aug 28, 2023, 7:09:21 PM
This build has two movement skills. Leap Slam and Frostblink.
One movement skill is not enough? Why?
Blood and Sand: when to use it?
Until Boneshatter socketed?

(Blood and Sand is for AoE skills. Boneshatter (primarily) is not a AoE skill.(?))

And, when removing Blood and Sand: let's socket Herald of Purity?
(I experience that while Blood and Sand is socketed, Herald of Purity cannot be socketed. Supposing that Determination and War Banner do reserve mana already.)

Its been some time and a lot of questions gathered and many didnt get answered sorry for delay and now I'll start chronologically.

"
Attack Mastery: A or B?

A: Non-Vaal Strike Skills target 1 additional nearby Enemy.

B: Nearby Enemies are Intimidated while you have Rage.

If "for a while, A, then change (spending Orb of Regret) to B", then:
When to change? Why?

If I would like to save a Regret, is it OK to allocate B (skip A)?

Attack mastery A is taken whenever you switch your main skill to boneshatter.
Attack mastery B is taken after you have non vaal strikes hits additional target implicit on gloves.(obtained with eldritch currency).

"
Having fun with the build during acts so far! Question about the pob notes section:
You say you use impale support until you put points into impale on atlas tree but I don't see any allocated in your endgame section (97)?

Re-download the POB, its already been asked. Long story short; we changed a skill gem for better outcome. I also highly recommend you read the comments before you ask any question, I don't enjoy answering same questions over and over again.

"
I've been running this build and am now into mapping trying to acquire all my gem links and I noticed something that has me confused. Why is it you leave Cast When Damage Taken at level 11 and Vulnerability at level 14? With CWDT at level 11 it doesn't trigger Ancestral Cry that it's linked to, and I don't see any downside to leveling Vulnerability further other than it requiring a higher intelligence stat which should be easily doable.

Thanks in advance!

Lochlan360 answered for me, thanks lochlan. Please try to take care to important notes in the notes. I think i mentioned it before.(not cwdt vulnerability setup, ancestral cry left click)

"
Been following this guide as I level. Wow I'm learning alot of neat tricks I didn't know existed. Have a question about the POB Skills section. There's a socket group called "4 link + 2 link= 2h axe setup.

Am I reading this correctly, that it goes Multiple Totems > Maim > Ancestral Protector > Vall Ancestral Warchief

And then bottom (or top) 2 socks are Vaal Molten Shell > War Banner?

I'm glad you're learning a lot :) Coming to your question, yeah we do play 4-link + 2-link in our weapon, and only 1 6-link on our body armour. The reason being, we constantly look for damage upgrade on our weapon, that might end up changing your weapon really frequently so it would be wasted fusings therefore 6-link on body armour. Also all 6 sockets must be red on weapon, reason being two handed mastery grants extra armor per red socket on your weapon.

"
This build has two movement skills. Leap Slam and Frostblink.
One movement skill is not enough? Why?

2 reasons first is for bossing, leap slam doesnt "blink" your hero, while you're trying to dodge spells you will end up get hit and die so we need a skill to dodge smoother which uses blink so we either use frostblink or flamedash as 2nd movement skill. 2nd reason is, better movement around map, which gives approx 10-15 seconds saved per map. For me atleast, i clear better with 2 movement skills, if you really dislike it other then bossing you can remove one movement skill.(not recommended)

"
Blood and Sand: when to use it?
Until Boneshatter socketed?

(Blood and Sand is for AoE skills. Boneshatter (primarily) is not a AoE skill.(?))

And, when removing Blood and Sand: let's socket Herald of Purity?
(I experience that while Blood and Sand is socketed, Herald of Purity cannot be socketed. Supposing that Determination and War Banner do reserve mana already.)

You got your own question answered actually :D Yes, you remove blood and sand whenever you change your main skill to boneshatter. Also I ran herald of purity for a very long time before pride aura but if you're having mana issues you can drop either determination or herald of purity, when i had that issue i dropped determination during acts and purity during labs.

I hope these answers all of you questions guys. I wish you all a lucky and a smooth league :)
@IOWME My bad, I skimmed through but must have missed. Having a great time exploding bones thanks for the guide and your time :)
I hope I didn't miss something about this in your notes, but I was looking at your items in path of building as I'm at the point where I can't stop killing myself with my own damage unless I just stop attacking. I was looking at what kind of rings and amulet to get and I noticed that both your rings are exactly the same. Same name, same stats. Is that actually the case or is that a mistake?
"
TheUtilityMan wrote:
I hope I didn't miss something about this in your notes, but I was looking at your items in path of building as I'm at the point where I can't stop killing myself with my own damage unless I just stop attacking. I was looking at what kind of rings and amulet to get and I noticed that both your rings are exactly the same. Same name, same stats. Is that actually the case or is that a mistake?

Just example gear I think, all other stats like res and attr should be dynamic based on your gear pieces
For the precise technique it says Accuracy Rating higher than Maximum Life : is it Maximum Life with reserved life or not ?

Like if I have 2900 Accuracy Rating and 3000 Life, but 200 life reserved so I'm at 2800, is it working ?
"
Just example gear I think, all other stats like res and attr should be dynamic based on your gear pieces

Oh ok, that could very well be. I'm used to builds that rely on a lot of unique so this is the first time I'm having to juggle all my required stats between so many rare items, it's difficult to get used to.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info