POE 2 Ruthless mode

If I remember it right:

In PoE 2 flasks don't get charges by killing white mobs any longer.
That's "bad" for boss fights without magic+ mobs.

But it doesn't mean you have to go back to town all the time.
"
Jerexil wrote:
If I remember it right:

It was kinda painful to watch Preach try the game out.
He ran out of mana flask charges, then completely ran out of mana and couldn't kill anything because he was OOM. He couldn't get past the first rare in 20 minutes of gameplay.
I think they did everything wrong concerning showcasing the game. If the game won't be as slow as showcased, why did they give the demo players no gear or passives etc ? I mean they got 1 chance in 4 years to showcase what they made so far and they showed off a super slow bullet spungy game. I think that's a major mistake that's hurting them already.

I don't agree this will be a Ruthless mode game, but somehow they did manage to make it look like one, upsetting everyone except Sanctum enjoyers, which is probably 50% of the players.
"
leto2626 wrote:
I think they did everything wrong concerning showcasing the game. If the game won't be as slow as showcased, why did they give the demo players no gear or passives etc ? I mean they got 1 chance in 4 years to showcase what they made so far and they showed off a super slow bullet spungy game. I think that's a major mistake that's hurting them already.

I don't agree this will be a Ruthless mode game, but somehow they did manage to make it look like one, upsetting everyone except Sanctum enjoyers, which is probably 50% of the players.

i enjoy sanctum and sanctum was best league ever for me. and i still salty as a brick about it all
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
"
Jerexil wrote:
If I remember it right:

It was kinda painful to watch Preach try the game out.
He ran out of mana flask charges, then completely ran out of mana and couldn't kill anything because he was OOM. He couldn't get past the first rare in 20 minutes of gameplay.

His experience is what people gonna have with poe2 a bad experience.
die, respawn zone, refill flasks in town and so on.

game mechanics gonna get old fast and people will play poe1 instead
even when poe2 looks great it wont save poe2
Best case scenario: demo was terribad marketing.

"
navigator4223 wrote:

All the streamers except instability are raving about it. Bad marketing to who exactly?
"
Thesuffering wrote:
"
navigator4223 wrote:

All the streamers except instability are raving about it. Bad marketing to who exactly?

you can play poe2 already.
Make a character, ruthless mode.

Now, you will feel how great poe2 gonna feel like.

Streamers are paid to play the game.
If anyone use a streamer as a source, know this, they want you to watch them play a game so they wont say bad things about poe2 as their lively hood depends on it.

That you dont understand that influence is beyond me.
Maybe it was a test? They aren't sure where to put the balance so they set it high for the demo to gauge the response? Setting the difficulty differently from what it normally would be doesn't make much sense otherwise.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
Maybe it was a test? They aren't sure where to put the balance so they set it high for the demo to gauge the response? Setting the difficulty differently from what it normally would be doesn't make much sense otherwise.

This was a massive showcase for POE fans waiting to try POE2, why make it a miserable one that has lead to people complaining nonstop? If they wanted to test they could have done it internally. I find this excuse of wanting to show off animations and graphics etc bullshit, they could have easily doubled the damage, speed, and reduced monster health and still showcase how great the game looks without leaving everyone with a "this is ruthless 2.0" feeling. All they're doing is bringing bad publicity to the game. It seems like these POE2 game directors really don't understand what people enjoy about the game.

Nobody asked for an Elden Ring style arpg with reactive combat, why take it in that direction then? They had SO MANY simple things they could have just improved on from POE 1 to make POE 2 and instead they completely change the game so much that now its being broken off into its own thing. What happens/What will they do if POE1 is wildly more popular than POE2? Change POE2 to be more like POE1? or scrap it entirely? It just doesn't make sense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info