POE 2 Ruthless mode

First off I just want to thank all the Devs
It's be a very long time since you admitted you guys were wrong.
I think we all wish you didn't wait so long to find out that no one is going to play your ruthless poe 2 game. so you split it and let us have poe1 so at least you have some fan base left.

That said.
Since you guys now made the game you always wanted. Can we have our game back?
Pre nerf Harvest, Betrayal, ultimatum, loot bonus. we want all the goodies!!! and we want more league mechanics to stay, and at full strength. i know you guys don't like power creep. But we do, and i would really love to start buying supporter packs again.

I know you guys think that if you allow power creep then we will play less. and I just am so happy to tell you that just is so far from the truth. When we are happy and we are well fed we play more. we make more different alts. we want to try and build and that build and that dumb build over there.
but when I grind for 2 weeks and barely have enough to make some shitty mid grade boots. I am not going to make a 2nd toon. no fking way. so stop it. just stop it.

Hell last time you guys were still making us happy I bought a 2x 60 supporter packs and just gave one away to a friend because I wanted to support the direction.
Now will all the nerfs and all the removed content. I mean come on!! you guy made ruthless in to the game you want. let us have our fun now. and we promise we won't laugh when no one played season 2 of poe2
Last bumped on Aug 3, 2023, 3:35:19 AM
"
wacojitsu wrote:
First off I just want to thank all the Devs
It's be a very long time since you admitted you guys were wrong.
I think we all wish you didn't wait so long to find out that no one is going to play your ruthless poe 2 game. so you split it and let us have poe1 so at least you have some fan base left.

That said.
Since you guys now made the game you always wanted. Can we have our game back?
Pre nerf Harvest, Betrayal, ultimatum, loot bonus. we want all the goodies!!! and we want more league mechanics to stay, and at full strength. i know you guys don't like power creep. But we do, and i would really love to start buying supporter packs again.

I know you guys think that if you allow power creep then we will play less. and I just am so happy to tell you that just is so far from the truth. When we are happy and we are well fed we play more. we make more different alts. we want to try and build and that build and that dumb build over there.
but when I grind for 2 weeks and barely have enough to make some shitty mid grade boots. I am not going to make a 2nd toon. no fking way. so stop it. just stop it.

Hell last time you guys were still making us happy I bought a 2x 60 supporter packs and just gave one away to a friend because I wanted to support the direction.
Now will all the nerfs and all the removed content. I mean come on!! you guy made ruthless in to the game you want. let us have our fun now. and we promise we won't laugh when no one played season 2 of poe2

PoE 2 was overtuned for the convention and was purposely slowed down, at the convention they said multiple times that things will be different for the beta and on release.

I also find it funny you think a demo where you can't change your passives nor gain them, are stuck using crappy gear they handed you and only gave you 45 minutes is a cause for calling it ruthless mode. Have you tried playing Act 4 in the current PoE without allocating passives and using literally random gear with a magic weapon on a 1 link, it's not fun.

There was people at the convention that happened to find a decent rare weapon that were able to basically clear the demo using basic attacks.

It's also obvious you didn't watch anything other then the gameplay showcase because if you had watched Kripp's interview with Jonathan you'd know the game is still going to be fast on release, nothing like Ruthless.
Last edited by firenovix on Jul 31, 2023, 11:35:20 PM
So kripp is the only popular streamer that openly enjoyed playing ruthless mode.
out of the 10 hours of exile con I've seen so far he is also the only streamer that didn't have a negative opinion of poe2.

But let's take a look at ruthless mode for a second
1) support gem starvation
2) massively reduced drop rates.
3) increased monster/boss health pools
4) massively restricted movement skills
5) Wait for it!!!!! Ruthless with gold!!!!

now let's take a look at poe2
1) in the dev talk marked skill systems, The dev said they removed damage multipliers from all supports. now they just change the interaction of the skill gem.
2) yea they 100% nuked the fk out of drop rates. Almost nothing dropped at all.
3) yep everything was insanely tankly. I'm sure they did increase it for the showcase but I mean come on. If they cut the health of those bosses by 50% it's still a 10 min boss fight in act 3. no one wants that.
4) Yep movement skills are shit in poe2. Evade is the same speed overall from your walk/run speed. it just give a lil boost at the start and slows near the end. but it's the exact same speed as your normal movement. we did see a leap slam for 1 class but is was clunky and slow and only helped if you were trying to bypass a obstacle.
5) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA GOLD!!!! i mean come on. The devs are spelling it out for yall and your still sitting there in fetal position saying Chris wouldn't do that to me. no no no
Last edited by wacojitsu on Jul 31, 2023, 11:49:01 PM
1) gems are easier then ever to get in PoE 2
2) drop rates were not balanced yet, game is almost a year away from even seeing a beta.
3) As I said, blue weapon, no build, random gear = low dmg not high health mobs, people who found a good weapon as I said already were killing things with just basic attacks.
4) dodge roll? I mean you serious lol? not all gems were even in the demo, there is still movement skills.
5) Gold in Ruthless was a test, it's honestly a very good idea because who wants to use currency to buy things from vendors when it can be traded or used for crafting, I mean hello lol.
Last edited by firenovix on Jul 31, 2023, 11:58:09 PM
"
firenovix wrote:
2) drop rates were not balanced yet, game is almost a year away from even seeing a beta.
3) As I said, blue weapon, no build, random gear = low dmg not high health mobs, people who found a good weapon as I said already were killing things with just basic attacks.
4) dodge roll? I mean you serious lol? not all gems were even in the demo, there is still movement skills.
5) Gold in Ruthless was a test, it's honestly a very good idea because who wants to use currency to buy things from vendors when it can be traded or used for crafting, I mean hello lol.

1) they didn't need to stave gems because they took the damage multiplier off of them.
2) your assuming something other then what we saw. we saw ruthless drop rates. to assume otherwise means your making excuses.
3) all league start characters in poe1 are using blue items and ransom picked up gear. i've never seen anyone take 20 mins to kill a boss in act 3. It was a showcase. they were showing you something. try seeing what they show.
4) they were showcasing 6 skills pre character and you think they just didn't have time to show you the stuff we would want to see like movement skills lol your so gullible.
5) are you for real? all of ruthless was a test!! and now it's poe2.

here lets see you make up some bullshit to defend ggg for this

Ruthless mode
6) flasks don't refill in map or in combat. you have to go back to town and refill.
what bullshit do you got for that?
"
wacojitsu wrote:
"
firenovix wrote:

1) they didn't need to stave gems because they took the damage multiplier off of them.
2) your assuming something other then what we saw. we saw ruthless drop rates. to assume otherwise means your making excuses.
3) all league start characters in poe1 are using blue items and ransom picked up gear. i've never seen anyone take 20 mins to kill a boss in act 3. It was a showcase. they were showing you something. try seeing what they show.
4) they were showcasing 6 skills pre character and you think they just didn't have time to show you the stuff we would want to see like movement skills lol your so gullible.

Ruthless mode
6) flasks don't refill in map or in combat. you have to go back to town and refill.

I think you have been fooled. They artificially made the game harder, 2 link in act 4, 30% res on characters, blue weapons. The game is as easy as POE1.

6. Flasks work just the same as POE1 prior to flask crit flask mods and flask nodes. I dont know if there are flask nodes in the tree, The tree hasnt been revealed yet.
Last edited by Thesuffering on Aug 1, 2023, 12:12:30 AM
"
wacojitsu wrote:
"
firenovix wrote:

Ruthless mode

1) am happy they took damage multipliers off of them, there is so many other mechanics to increase our damage since we can have so many 6 links, don't even see your arguement.
2) not assuming, was at the convention.
3) the demo wasn't in Act 1, nobody uses blue gear in Act 3+ and put on gear with stats best suited to them and usually have leveling uniques, people also generally have a build starting by act 3, you know because they can actually put points in their passive tree.
4) are you to blind to see question marks on a screen in front of your face, I'm sorry for your impairment.
5) you're delusional, they explained their reason for testing gold in Ruthless.
6) THANK GOD, flasks are annoying and I hated playing a Piano thus why I build my characters already not requiring charges by using a mageblood. Although you're also incorrect, flasks refill during map or combat, they just don't refill during boss fights so I'm sorry you cant cheese a boss, noob.

I also find you extremely amusing because if GGG showed us the things we wanted to see we'd know every detail about the game, you know because we want to see it.
Last edited by firenovix on Aug 1, 2023, 12:42:35 AM
HAHAHAHA
Wow I've never seen someone so gullible. I can't wait to check in 2 years and find you won't touch poe2 anymore.
Ruthless mode has like 5 people playing it. If GGG makes PoE2 like that, they’ll have wasted a massive investment.

GGG is a successful company that has produced an amazing game (path of exile). They are not idiots and are not going to shoot themselves in the face here. The PoE2 demos had fun combat but poor balance. They know that and will make it a lot more playable before and during the closed beta launch. If the game isn’t worth playing, they won’t be able to sustain beta population and they’ll adjust to fix it.
"
Ruthless mode has like 5 people playing it. If GGG makes PoE2 like that, they’ll have wasted a massive investment.

GGG is a successful company that has produced an amazing game (path of exile). They are not idiots and are not going to shoot themselves in the face here.

They just did.

poe2 is slow movespeed.
Refill flask in town? Diablo4.
poe1 has perfect refill system, devs dont understand the game, really.
Restart zone when u die, gonna get old fast as all mobs respawns.
Kripperian sighed when he faced that and he is the golden goose of poe play.
if he sigh, devs messed up big time.

Game feels like a job now.
Devs dont understand if you play a game for 600 hours like Mathil does, these mechanics gonna be bad and more bad,.

poe2 is already a failure.

Ruthless 2.0 design and players DO NOT want that
Last edited by skjutengris on Aug 1, 2023, 6:15:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info