POLL: Did Exilecon increase or decrease your overall hype for POE and POE 2?

"
Decrease. Crushed about 4.0 hype. PoE1 future hangs in the balance, a divided community , ultimately maintenance mode.

This. =-[.]-=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I am not sure yet because the most important factor to decide that is still somewhat in the dark but based on what we have i'd say decrease for both. It's pretty much proven by now that ruthless was a POE2 testing ground, since i am not interested in ruthless POE 2 likely won't be my cup of tea either. The combat was fine but wells and gold do not resonate with me at all.

With POE it mostly depends on where they'll go from here. If they keep throwing out nerfs after nerfs every league like they've done during the last 2 years then that's also a decrease and so far it looks like that.
When they announced different games i really got my hopes up that they would make POE2 the slow poke game while leaving POE1 for gottagofast people but then we got the chieftain and guardian reworks and i felt like an idiot for thinking like that.

I'm shockingly surprised that Exilecon decreased my hype for the future of the franchise. I'm kind of bummed about the whole thing.

I'm hoping POE1 keeps getting updates.
Last edited by Nubatron on Jul 31, 2023, 7:43:39 AM
a) Increased for PoE 2

2x more classes and ascendancies than announced 2019.
Some other good ideas like automated weapon switch and "conditional" tree passives.

b) Decreased for PoE 1

Developement of PoE 1 is separated from PoE 2.
I expect PoE 2 will get much more man power than the old PoE 1 all the time.
I didn't noticed any info about the future of PoE 1 except that they say there is one.

Decreased.
Was expecting PoE to get a massive update like was originally promised. Instead the game got split and the original PoE is canned in favor of new PoE2.
Now we'll probably never see a massive visual and/or structural overhaul for PoE1, ever.
"
Jerexil wrote:
a) Increased for PoE 2

Some other good ideas like automated weapon switch and "conditional" tree passives.

b) Decreased for PoE 1

I didn't noticed any info about the future of PoE 1 except that they say there is one.

Working as intended, then. =-[.]-=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Jerexil wrote:
a) Increased for PoE 2

b) Decreased for PoE 1

Working as intended, then. =-[.]-=

For some people.
Increase for sure.

For me personally, the massive Zoom Zoom over the years pushed me out of PoE1. And it seems the reason they will be separate games is because we are getting something that resembles old school PoE with all the new ideas/mechanics etc.

That said...its still a very long way from release, hopefully for good reasons.
"
Killigan wrote:
Let's do the thread as a poll, not have long discussions, only collect data if Exilecon increased or decreased hype for most players!

Clearly decreased, but only because after waiting 4 years we still have to wait another year for even a beta. I think it was insane to hold exilecon still being this far out.

I have no idea whether I'll like the style of the game more or less until I try it; it ultimately comes down to responsiveness which you can't tell until you're in control.

I'm not disappointed or sad or anything, it is still equally as hype for me from the perspective of the game, but in the context of a world where D4 is so disappointing I feel its a massive lost opportunity to not have the game ready to directly compete.

I find the comparisons to ruthless just insane; we have none of the context needed to make that claim. The characters in the trials were very obviously undergeared and likely not built particularly optimally, and represent a very small part of the game. I very much dislike ruthless, but poe2 doesn't look anything like what ruthless does. First and foremost, ruthless uses the much flatter skill dynamics of PoE1 while being slower, whereas the skill system is much broader in PoE2. There's nothing intrinisically wrong with slower as long as it is engaging, which is where PoE falls flat.
Last edited by Pathological on Jul 31, 2023, 8:16:16 AM
Decrease for both..

POE2 - The q&a describes a game I have no interest in. I play POE for high speed screen blasting action, not what exilecon suggest POE2 will be. Path of Diable 4... no thanks!

POE1 - More forced POE2 beta testing features until release? Less core updates as we have seen already. When does maintenance mode start?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info