POLL: Did Exilecon increase or decrease your overall hype for POE and POE 2?

Let's do the thread as a poll, not have long discussions, only collect data if Exilecon increased or decreased hype for most players!
Last bumped on Aug 10, 2023, 6:02:04 AM
Skeptical as usual.

Ignoring poe 2 as I don't plan to follow their vision of "keeping players on their vision forever" I like to play other games when I'm done with my goals.

And it doesnt look good for 3.X if 4.0 and beyond will be the main focus. So there is that in my opinion..
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Decrease.

Mainly because expectations were of something soon, Chris saying to get back early after exilecon didn't help either.

As it stands PoE2 is a year away, and the next league isn't for 3 weeks so why exactly did people have to rush home?

I think why did Exilecon 2023 happen now, was the expectation a year ago when it was announced that they'd have something more concrete to offer? With PoE2 beta being a year away with release some time after. Exilecon could have happened later this year or early next year with less time to wait.

A year or more is just disheartening and people will lose interest over time, unless they keep the hype rolling with frequent updates.

More importantly for the immediate future, what is going to happen to PoE1 now, PoE2 was meant to fix everything.
Decrease. Crushed about 4.0 hype. PoE1 future hangs in the balance, a divided community , ultimately maintenance mode.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Increase.

This poll will be so skewed though. People usually only respond if they have something negative or silly to say.

Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.
DECREASE !!! I hope they keep their word to keep the tabs from poe 1 in poe 2
It greatly increased my hype for the future of PoE1, and absolutely killed any hype for PoE2. No way I can be hyped for something that's a year and a half away.
increase

Hope for change something new I guess "Poe 2"
It dramatically increased my hype for PoE2. Their talks and gameplay showcases don’t really do it justice (maybe with the exception of the skill design talk, that one really goes into depth on the biggest improvements PoE2 is making). The demos what have been overtuned but they were fun at the combat level, not just the build level (especially the act 1 demo).

The timing of it though definitely decreases how excited I am about base PoE. I want what comes next and the excitement for PoE2 is sabotaging my patience for PoE’s shortcomings. One final capstone league and then PoE2 would have been easy for me to handle, but a year out is honestly kind of crushing. At least they have a date they’ve committed to now…

In any case, I can do nothing but wait and enjoy PoE1 in the meantime. I’m trying to focus on 3.22 again, got some ideas for chieftain I want to PoB out (all the shit people are flinging at the chieftain changes are motivating me haha).
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Jul 31, 2023, 3:14:21 AM
"
MadMossy wrote:

As it stands PoE2 is a year away, and the next league isn't for 3 weeks so why exactly did people have to rush home?

I've been doing a news rundown trying to decipher this.

Uhhhh, probably not ashfall and probably not the neverwinter summer festival and probably not The Cannibals, my best guess is that they though Diablo 4 was going to be better than it was?
IGN : Reamus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info