Can a High-End PC handle this patch? How's "user testing" gone for big companies like CDPR?

"
hmcg020 wrote:
Specs Below
CPU: 7800X3D
GPU: 4090
RAM: 32GB 6000MHz Neo
Storage: Game's stored on a 1TB 3000/3000 M.2 (could be better)
Cooling: AM5 360 AIO, & 7x Lian Li Unifans in Full Lian Li tower.

Status of Game? Running like shit and hardware now hotter with heavier loading.

I exclusively run 100% deli with as much quantity as I possibly can - up to 327% Quantity with altars, etc - with beyond, legion and Harbinger in my Atlas tree. You know, the content available. I am playing solo, though the game's basically unplayable after the patch.

I play at 4k with everything maxed out and now I'm dipping to 20 frames. The frames are now all garbage with heavy artifacting. Often now the game just decides to put a Red filter over the screen and leave it there until I restart. NICE!

It's something that I just can't play now for fear of it actually damaging my hardware. Can you imagine if I didn't invest in additional cooling? CPU would previously peak at 81° now it's at 85°. GPU is up an additional 5°. Please don't release patches than have the potential to damage people's hardware!

Finally, people have been mentioning that companies regularly get their customers to test for them. This is only supported by the player base if you're a small company! CD Project red, Bethesda, Bioware. All have suffered massive stock losses and (arguably) more importantly, reputational damage due to this practice.

Likely the nvidia driver.

4k using a 7800x3d and a amd radeon 6700xt and I run it flawlessly.
Try to wrap your head around this.

When you have maybe a few hundred test benches and even several months of testing you can quite easily see results that are good with no problems occuring.

When they release a patch to the public with tens of thousands of configurations and driver differences problems can and do occur.

The only way you are going to get a bug free experience is if they stop developing new content all together and never do anything than bug fix the current version of the game

That's why, at league launch there are always bugs because they can have 100000 hours testing and the players will double that in an hour...i know math is hard right.........
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Deleted double post
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Last edited by hmcg020 on Jul 25, 2023, 3:49:49 AM
"
hmcg020 wrote:

man i was just trolling. my gtx970 is runniong at 4fps rn eksdee

before i was capped at 60fps/1440p for all content e3xcept juiced ritual altars with 3 vessels. Those things straight up CTD my rig- p2w ritual farming confirmed.

okok my bad haha.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
My max fps went from 250 in hideout to 160 just like that i dont undertand how can a patch with had nothing to do with performance ruined performance so badly? i also have much worse stable fps in mapping aswell to the point its unplayable and this happens right before the league launch? are you kidding me...
"
ZenJelly wrote:
No problems whatsoever. Def you.

just becuz you played a game and didnt experience any bugs doesnt mean there arent any bugs nice trolling
CPU: Ryzen 5600x
GPU: Asus TUF OC 3080 12GB vram
RAM: some regular ass corsair low profile 16gb
Storage: some random Samsung nVME drive
DirectX12 render mode
Resolution: 1440p

FPS on max in town: 300+
FPS on max in full delerium T16 map: 45~

oh nvm saw you said you play at 4k resolution, thats literally the problem, hardware isn't ready for 4K gaming and I really dont give a fuck what devs say
S L O W E R
Last edited by ampdecay on Jul 25, 2023, 9:50:59 AM
I tried running around in blood aqueducts a bit and saw fps drops that I don’t remember being there pre-patch. When I read the performance metrics, the problem is very clearly in the CPU. My gpu was contributing around 7 ms of frame time(that’s like 140fps if it’s the only thing that matters). The cpu was in the 20s. Temps weren’t getting very high either so whatever the bottleneck is it’s not being multithreaded effectively.
GGG has done these kinds of patches before and even totally broke the game before. They do them when the game is in a downturn. Near the end of the league.

I suspect they are pushing this patch out before Exilecon.

The best advice is if you have a beast of a PC take a break don't worry POE2 will run fine on your godly PC just fine. If the game is really broken they will roll back to another patch.

Maybe try out D4 for a couple of days. Or maybe Remnant II. Heard it's a good game.

Nvm, got paid for the beta testing. Carry on.

Also, the 358kb patch helped, which goes into further evidence that something was either missing or completely botched in the code. Although i must commend their speed this time, i was totally expecting a week long fuck up.

Graphics still fucked btw, it's just playable now.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on Jul 25, 2023, 10:57:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info