I really hope Crucible trees will stay in the game

Even if it was just as a unique map drop with some Crucible Altars in the map. It doesn't have to be a main mechanic with atlas nodes.

Crucible trees enable so many builds: AoE Rolling Magma, Poison Ballista's, High Armour Shields for Shield Crush, MoM Builds because of the base mana regen nodes,...

Would be a shame to see all those options go away.
Last bumped on Jul 28, 2023, 1:55:57 AM
The builds it enables are in most cases because they added a node so unbelievably broken it dominates all other balance, they would be better just addressing the skills properly as they are constantly told instead of introducing yet another threshold jewel pseudo fix.

That group aside there are a few remaining that are niche but not broken like you mention the base mana regen nodes which were great to enable MoM builds again, but lets not forget it wasn't that long ago they just took that regen off MoM builds in the first place its a bit of a fake build enable when they only just disabled it.

There are some great sidegrades in there they should endeavour to keep, but i'd rather keep nothing than all of it.
IF crucible is added to the core game it is going to be nerfed heavily, too much power to be gained as is.

Those sorts of nerfs are drastically lowering the encounter rate, severely limiting/nerfing what you can get from the crucible passives to the point it will feel pointless and punishing for most of the players.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
If they add crucify in core then they HAVE to change how you chance uniques.

The fomo is pretty strong if you like min maxing chars, I was lucky with my chances but other people did 10k chances + and no luck, insane damage to wrists.
Second-class poe gamer
A LOT of people like the crucible trees, but hate everything else about the league and the mechanic(s) - myself included.

If they are planning to add crucible trees into the core game, I think they should simplify it a great deal. Killing a certain amount of (regular) monsters with a weapon, unlocks the tree. Killing more, lets you unlock more nodes.

The difficult part to implement in a simple form, is merging/re-rolling trees. But as I think the merging mechanic will NEVER go core, I'm not really going to offer it any thought. Re-rolling nodes can be done by allowing you to choose a node to re-roll/re-farm instead of progressing with the tree.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I don't like the trees. I don't like this sort of power attached to weapons adding yet another dimension that has to be part of the crafting process for your gear.

Most of the nodes are just straight up "more damage". The interesting things are more along the lines of custom gem behavior that would be better served by another system like support gems or entirely new skill gems.

To top it all off, the gameplay of acquiring these trees is the worst I've ever seen in a league mechanic. I hate to say it, but I think it's even worse than Heist.

I hope absolutely none of this shit goes core as is.
there is no way they will leave these trees in the core game. they would have to be nerfed so hard that it becomes just another filler mechanic that is a big waste of time, but many people would feel compelled to bother with it for the sake of optimization of their character. in that case i would rather not have it. there are already enough moving parts in a build.
If they add it to the core game is going to be the helmet only. Or maybe you could add 1 random node to a weapon.
"
Phrazz wrote:
A LOT of people like the crucible trees, but hate everything else about the league and the mechanic(s) - myself included.

If they are planning to add crucible trees into the core game, I think they should simplify it a great deal. Killing a certain amount of (regular) monsters with a weapon, unlocks the tree. Killing more, lets you unlock more nodes.

The difficult part to implement in a simple form, is merging/re-rolling trees. But as I think the merging mechanic will NEVER go core, I'm not really going to offer it any thought. Re-rolling nodes can be done by allowing you to choose a node to re-roll/re-farm instead of progressing with the tree.
The idea of adding nodes by killing monsters with a specific weapon is a great way to add it to the game. Improving weapons by using them is a concept that I really like. It encourages one to become "an expert" with a particular weapon prolonging it value. It also raises the question of trading such a weapon to a different one of your own characters or selling it to a different player. Should that learned expertise go with it or should the nodes have to be reestablished by the new owner?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
i ll state this quite plainly

if GGG decides to remove or nerf the trees AFTER being silent for most of the league.

I M NEVER TOUCHING ANY TEMP LEAGUE EVER AGAIN.

i'm primarily a STD player. i played sanctum because of sanctified relics, they did make a statement about it in a livestream which i missed. i m quite salty about it but the league was fun and became my favourite league of all time.

sanctified relics was the ONLY reason i played sanctum. i wanted to bring it to STD.

weapon trees are the ONLY reason i m playing crucible. UNLIKE sanctum where GGG could weasel away by stating it was already stated in livestream. crucible has NO such announcement.

but i do remember them saying something like "waiting to see feedback".

i still remember back when one of the MAIN reasons to play league was to get league specific uniques/drops as well as having league items dropped in their base form before any nerfs would happen. i have a pre nerfed voidheart. i wouldnt have played the league otherwise.

it goes back to what i say. GGG DGAF STD. all i farm is for STD.

removing /nerfing loot farmed during a temp league does not affect temp league players. it hurts those who are in STD.

currently i m feeling extremely famished playing in crucible. i hate the league mechanics to its core. coming from sanctum which was VERY LUCRATIVE AND FUN. crucible gives so little currency and the geodes are way overtuned.

i m grinding it thru ONLY for crucible trees to bring back on STD. no other reason.

if GGG nerfs it or takes it away from me, then i will UNDERSTAND that there is NO PERMANENCE in temp league items. and with them having no permanence, i will just stick to STD.

or... just play some other game. GGG doesnt care about STD
[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info