Map Management Resource

"
Covert wrote:
"
Aelloon wrote:

Thanks for the awesome amount of information. The massive lag caused on the map and ridiculous difficulty if you combine it with the lag almost wiped half the party. Especially since there's so much stuff it's very difficult to pick out the rares with Nemesis mods at times.

All the other information about maps on there is amazing though. Thank you!

Just because you have a bad PC does not mean you need to get angry. Bring along a detonate dead gem next time and it might be easier for you.

Actually the difficult part was that a large amount of champion GMP fire mage skeletons spawned that hit for quite a bit, especially if they shotgunned you (and they did because there were so many of them).

Also, I'm using an i5-2400, hd 6950 and other pieces of that level. So it's not entirely bad. And I'm not angry at all, I just think a suggestion of "I don't want to spoil the surprise for you" if the surprise can be death to a level 80+ character isn't a very nice thing.

I'd love to hear your machine that could run this instance without lag while having a summoner in the group.

PS: if I'd have to bring a detonate dead gem along with me for it the information would've been nice to have from the guide, you know?
@Aelloon
Last edited by Aelloon on Nov 10, 2013, 2:19:43 AM
Ty for the topic, it would have been painfull to advance blindly further on the 70+. !!!
Museum - [Difficulty: ♦♦♦♦♦ | Potential: ♦♦♦ | Clear Speed: ♦♦ ]
Recommended Affixes: Labyrinthine

Just wondering why? I just did the map twice, once with maze and once without and went back in to screenshot to be sure, they are almost identical in size.

Spoiler
"
Asmosis wrote:
Museum - [Difficulty: ♦♦♦♦♦ | Potential: ♦♦♦ | Clear Speed: ♦♦ ]
Recommended Affixes: Labyrinthine

Just wondering why? I just did the map twice, once with maze and once without and went back in to screenshot to be sure, they are almost identical in size.

Spoiler

Layout affixes don't currently work properly with the new maps. It broke somewhere.

Also, the new maps have only one topography. Not sure when it will change.
Is Dominus Residense(74) possible with either -max res,vuln,+dmg for melee chars?

IGN DGastone
This is a great resource. Thanks very much for this.

My question is a pretty basic one.

At what point (level), should we consider doing maps? I have been grinding catacombs and levelling there. It has been working pretty well. I'm kind of slow at the game, but the xp bar keeps moving.

I generally level every 5-7 clears of that zone and I am now level 73. Should I keep at it, or should I go ahead and begin using some of the maps that I have (got 17 while levelling)?

Second question: Do level 66 maps only have level 66 monsters? Or can the mobs themselves have a higher level?
Last edited by sithren on Nov 10, 2013, 7:07:02 PM
You can comfortably farm Act 3 until you hit the EXP penalty, point at which you can consider going for maps but many opt to go for 66 maps earlier. This is personal preference and depends on how well prepared you are to tackle them.

+1 for magic monsters and +2 for rare monsters.
Thanks very much Lyralei.

Looks like I can get to level 75, without xp penalty, in catacombs. But that would mean at that point a level 66 map would have a 2% xp penalty (if I figured this out right).

I think I'll just start using my maps at level 74.

Thanks again.
"
ozzy157 wrote:
Is Dominus Residense(74) possible with either -max res,vuln,+dmg for melee chars?

I only did it once ... and never again as it was sketchy as ****, the fight was basically me running around like a headless chicken with my tail between my legs for 10 minutes, the only time i would go and meelee him was when i had endu charages up and immortal call available, because his slam attack will turn you into mash, very much like maze vaal.

"
sithren wrote:
Thanks very much Lyralei.

Looks like I can get to level 75, without xp penalty, in catacombs. But that would mean at that point a level 66 map would have a 2% xp penalty (if I figured this out right).

I think I'll just start using my maps at level 74.

Thanks again.

Nifty site if you weren't aware of it already.
http://poetools.com/experience-penalty/
Baked Beans - Meme Dreams
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ_a2zFbPIIiE4kURsvQ4Dw
"
PoE17 wrote:

Nifty site if you weren't aware of it already.
http://poetools.com/experience-penalty/

Thanks, I was using one similar to it.

I tried out my first map! I transmuted and altered a crypt map until I got a fleeting crypt map of champions. It only had an extra 26% quantity on it but I decided to give it a shot.

Well, I'm on my way in building a map pool. I found this:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info