D4 is not a Competitor in case of Build variations "BUT"

I use frankfurt as main and amsterdam as a replacement in the really rare cases where frankfurt isn't working properly. Most of the time frankfurt works just fine for me.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
I use frankfurt as main and amsterdam as a replacement in the really rare cases where frankfurt isn't working properly. Most of the time frankfurt works just fine for me.

Same goes for a friend of mine from another region. That's why I suspect routing as a cause. I suggest trying out different login servers if you happen to experience problems on a regular base.
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:
the movements and overall response feels much better
in poe i feel like im having a 100ms delay of my input
no matter if i use predictive or lockstep...
the realms for germany are kinda really bad or my internet connection must be just bad

Not a Competitor? I wouldn't say that. Diablo IV melee >>>>>>>>>> PoE melee. Fact is Chris only thinks 10% plays melee when it is very clear in D IV LOTS of people like melee and are playing melee. You actually have options in Diablo IV where as in PoE you have 1. Ya there are others but its a damn fortune that very few people can afford.

As of right now if you like melee Diablo IV is the game you should play. PoE is not a competitor IMO when it comes to melee builds.
Last edited by Valkaneer on Jun 8, 2023, 11:00:38 AM
"
Valkaneer wrote:
where as in PoE you have 1.

[Removed By Support]

I'm not doubting that melee is fine in D4. I played a ranged bow build in the D4 beta, so I have no idea. You know, the ONE ranged bow build you can play (with a couple of variations), limited to one class?

Plenty of people are doing most, if not all content in PoE with countless of melee skills. Sure, melee does need some tweaks/buff, but it's not as grim as people make it out to be. 1? Come on...
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Drew_GGG on Jun 8, 2023, 1:14:37 PM
"
Valkaneer wrote:
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:
the movements and overall response feels much better
in poe i feel like im having a 100ms delay of my input
no matter if i use predictive or lockstep...
the realms for germany are kinda really bad or my internet connection must be just bad

Not a Competitor? I wouldn't say that. Diablo IV melee >>>>>>>>>> PoE melee. Fact is Chris only thinks 10% plays melee when it is very clear in D IV LOTS of people like melee and are playing melee. You actually have options in Diablo IV where as in PoE you have 1. Ya there are others but its a damn fortune that very few people can afford.

As of right now if you like melee Diablo IV is the game you should play. PoE is not a competitor IMO when it comes to melee builds.

Barbarian Class on Diablo IV is amazing.. very fun
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Valkaneer wrote:
where as in PoE you have 1.

[Removed By Support]

I'm not doubting that melee is fine in D4. I played a ranged bow build in the D4 beta, so I have no idea. You know, the ONE ranged bow build you can play (with a couple of variations), limited to one class?

Plenty of people are doing most, if not all content in PoE with countless of melee skills. Sure, melee does need some tweaks/buff, but it's not as grim as people make it out to be. 1? Come on...

No there are not people doing all content with every melee skill, you disregarded the qualifier, and acted as if I didn't state you could do other specs if you spent a fortune.

Guess what, you don't have to be rich in Diablo to do what only .001% of the PoE population can afford to do.

That's the argument of "only 10% of PoE play melee", well that's because PoE melee is terrible and very expensive. People generally refuse to play it because it's so bad compared to casters ( lvl 2-yellow maps with only +1 wands you can make at lvl 2). You have zero statistics to prove any of it anyways. You're pulling make believe out of a hat, and disregarding it's 10-100 x more expensive than a caster.

The only reason people are not more successful in Diablo IV is because basic D IV starting solo dungeon boss difficulty is in between Eater of Worlds and Searing Exarch (World II), but you don't get to skip phases, if you die you got to start over. Act 1 Quest boss fights are at least as difficult as Eat of Worlds (World II). Still even as hard as it is D4's melee is a hell of a lot more fun than PoE's. Melee in PoE seems purposely designed to be tedious and punishing to keep people from playing it.

If you haven't played since Beta move along with your terribly outdated opinion. It's only the haters and D3 lovers that say the game is bad. Every single good high end player I have watched has said it was not just ok, but very good. Zizaran, cArn, Nugy, Steelmage, Ben Etc etc. Are all saying it's a great game.
hoho
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
Valkaneer wrote:

The only reason people are not more successful in Diablo IV is because basic D IV starting solo dungeon boss difficulty is in between Eater of Worlds and Searing Exarch (World II), but you don't get to skip phases, if you die you got to start over. Act 1 Quest boss fights are at least as difficult as Eat of Worlds (World II). Still even as hard as it is D4's melee is a hell of a lot more fun than PoE's. Melee in PoE seems purposely designed to be tedious and punishing to keep people from playing it.

Hard to believe that people actually think that the act bosses are the same difficulty as EoW or Exarch. if it was the case everyone would shout and beg for a carry in the global chat and less than half of the player base would actually finish the first act. Giving how many people pay and beg for their voidstone.

D4's boss fights are just like Lost ark, niche but nothing out of the box or extraordinary spicy in difficulty. Pretty much just as simple as the fights in previous Diablo games

Not saying that the PoE boss difficulty is harder than D4 boss fights but the boss fights of D4, especially campaign fights, are anything but not hard or challenging at all. More creative designs as nothing they did is really outstanding at all and you've seen the same fights in various different games before.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jun 8, 2023, 3:56:42 PM
"
Valkaneer wrote:
No there are not people doing all content with every melee skill, you disregarded the qualifier, and acted as if I didn't state you could do other specs if you spent a fortune.

Guess what, you don't have to be rich in Diablo to do what only .001% of the PoE population can afford to do.

Good thing then, that I didn't use the word "every". Strawman? Deliberately changing what I say, so you can counter it?

And I didn't give an opinion about D4, I only stated that there is ONE class designed for ranged bow builds (is that outdated?), and that class has less than a handful of real options. I'm sure you've played it, or else your opinion would be invalid. I said that I don't doubt that melee is fine in D4. How that can be "outdated" is beyond me. Or maybe it was a strawman? That's an option.

Look, D4 has some build options, a handful of options per class. It should be a matter of fact that Blizzard manage to balance those to a certain degree. PoE has 7 'floating' classes and several hundred skills/support. It goes without saying that equilibrium is unobtainable. And PoE has always - and will always be centered around an economy. You knew this going in. So of course "being rich" is going to give you options. And they way you speak, it almost seems like you believe only no-lifers becomes rich in PoE, which is of course far from the truth.

But D4 is probably a good game. You should enjoy it. You just don't have to hyperbole the state of PoE to enjoy D4. It can be done without it.

How is WW Barb in D4's endgame, by the way?

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jun 8, 2023, 4:31:04 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:

How is WW Barb in D4's endgame, by the way?

One of the best builds in the game (after the quad-nerfed it received, it was utterly broken before). Barb overall is probably the best class for the endgame thanks to having really good paragon boards.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info