D4 is not a Competitor in case of Build variations "BUT"

the movements and overall response feels much better
in poe i feel like im having a 100ms delay of my input
no matter if i use predictive or lockstep...
the realms for germany are kinda really bad or my internet connection must be just bad

"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019
Last bumped on Jun 9, 2023, 8:57:39 AM
Blizzard games will always be responsive and polished when it comes to that part. It has never been, and will never be their problem. Combine that with easy to understand, easily digestible gameplay that doesn't require any particular knowledge or thought, and you have a popular game.

But for people that want a challenging game that require something from you as a player, be that skill, knowledge, effort, tinkering, problem solving, creativity etc., Diablo may not be the game of their dreams. Now, while it's new, shiny and an experience people haven't experienced before? Hell, I would understand if my mother jumped on the wagon.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Blizzard games will always be responsive and polished when it comes to that part. It has never been, and will never be their problem. Combine that with easy to understand, easily digestible gameplay that doesn't require any particular knowledge or thought, and you have a popular game.

But for people that want a challenging game that require something from you as a player, be that skill, knowledge, effort, tinkering, problem solving, creativity etc., Diablo may not be the game of their dreams. Now, while it's new, shiny and an experience people haven't experienced before? Hell, I would understand if my mother jumped on the wagon.

i wonder why they dont use the D2 Formula "its in their friggin Hands"
like make the most awesome arpg but in Modern...
(Resurrected is not)
"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:

i wonder why they dont use the D2 Formula "its in their friggin Hands"

Monetization and accessibility.

The D2 formula would probably (believe it or not) be too complex for Blizzard in today's market, where they are trying to reach everyone. The easier/easier to understand/less complex they make their game, the more casual player they will reach - and keep. If they force players to think, and don't make every upgrade as clear as day, they lose the "jump in for a minute here and there and demand to make sizable progress"-players.

There's nothing wrong with that and it's the smart thing to do when it comes to revenue. But it does make it a rather shallow experience for a lot of ARPG veterans.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jun 7, 2023, 6:03:33 PM
I'm going slow, still levelling through the campaign, but finding it thoroughly "meh." One thing I really do appreciate, though, is the sheer visual clarity D4 has. I can actually see the armor I'm wearing, there aren't 16 flashing squares at the top/bottom/overtherenow! of the screen. Enemy conditions are easy to see and understand just from the in-game feedback.

poe has a lot of build variations but how many of them are actually viable for end game content? people play the same 5-10 skills every league
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Jun 7, 2023, 6:28:31 PM
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
poe has a lot of build variations but how many of them are actually viable for end game content? people play the same 5-10 skills every league

A lot of them - if you invest enough.

Sure, some builds will always have a better ratio between cost, power (offense and defense), accessibility and efficiency depending on the current META/patch. It's impossible to make all skills/builds/mechanics equal in PoE. But the more you play, the more you progress and the more you earn, more possibilities will open up. Some people would call that progression.

But up to red maps? ALL well-planned builds are viable. And we're talking the end of the endgame here. How many builds are/were viable in very deep rifts in Diablo 3? How much variance did we see there? And how much variance will we see at the end of the endgame in Diablo 4? We'll see, once the meta settles over there.

People have a tendency to compare PoE's Uber-endgame with the core game of other ARPGs, which does of course make a very screwed comparison.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jun 7, 2023, 6:49:54 PM
Blizzard games are most definitely known for their polish and smoothness, so yes both D3 and D4 are very polished and satisfying to play in terms of smoothness.
I really wish that PoE would borrow this one thing from Diablo. Hopefully, GGG manages to fix it for PoE 2.
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:

the realms for germany are kinda really bad or my internet connection must be just bad

Frankfurt has regular problems for me, still a big part of it seems due to routing. I live relatively close to Frankfurt and still prefer to play on Milan which has none of the symptoms I experienced on frankfurt.
"
R3b00t wrote:
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:

Frankfurt has regular problems for me, still a big part of it seems due to routing. I live relatively close to Frankfurt and still prefer to play on Milan which has none of the symptoms I experienced on frankfurt.

Not just you - I'm from Czechia, so close to Frankfurt, and play on Milan or ay other EU server for a significantly better performance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info