What's your least favorite or worst map mod?

my least favorite is monsters have extra health, and then combine that with monsters have % life as es

it doesn't matter that I can outdps this, but sometimes on bosses/essence/maven/crucible/beasts it makes an unkillable trillion hp monster that drops no loot, no reward, that chases me forever.

God forbid they roll fast es recharge or whatever on top of that.
My favourite is the following combination of mods:

- No regen
- No Leech

- 40 % Reduced player cooldown recovery
- Reduced AOE

As a General's Cry, BF build, these are all cancer. Combined, they make mapping an errand in futility. Basically, can't do no-leech+no-regen.

You Can sextant your way through any reflect and all other mods are doable in any combination.

Old map link for the lols
fine.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
KyliaGypsy wrote:
Monsters that can siphon flasks!

Ok, that one sounds terrible, but is that a map mod?
Consecrated Ground is annoying.
I reroll No Regen and Reduced Recovery.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Obviously this depends a great deal on your character build. For me, I can't do elemental reflect (physical is fine). No leech is terrible too, due to mana costs.

Always a scary experience when I vaal a map and it becomes unidentified. Will I get one-shot when I attack the first enemy?

Chilled ground is awful just because everything becomes so god damn slow.
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
Obviously this depends a great deal on your character build. For me, I can't do elemental reflect (physical is fine). No leech is terrible too, due to mana costs.

Always a scary experience when I vaal a map and it becomes unidentified. Will I get one-shot when I attack the first enemy?

Chilled ground is awful just because everything becomes so god damn slow.

Oddly, I don't think I've ever hit an Unidentified Corrupted map that was a non-starter (outside of the Vaal Pyrimid, but that's only becuase of the bosses).
"
6_din_49 wrote:
Or you can use regex when rolling your maps, to avoid the annoying mods: https://poe.re/#/maps

Usually I can do all mods, but some of them require adjustments which I prefer not to do (eg. swap a ring for reflect maps, swap a flask for less recovery rate, use an aura less for no-leech, etc). Using regex when rolling the maps is a bit more efficient.

How you use that ?
I would say reflect in general is retard

Because other mods interact with the character and change the experience. Sure, some builds dont need regen, or dont require leech and bypass the mod, but there are quite a lot of builds that just adjust the flasks and face the mod, just require you to be more alert, and thats cool

Reflect dont allow that. Its a completely non-interactive mod simply because the mod is basically invincible, you either pacify it in some way or pick a build that dont interact with it. Zero mid ground

There is virtually no scenario where you accept taking some damage per hit and do stuff like take care to not overkill or something of the sort. If you interact with the mod at all, you die, its that simple. Yeah, the game have given us a bunch of ways to pacify the mod, but the problem persists that its something you can never interact with, it dont make the game harder or more challenging or interesting, at most it just forces a ring swap a sextant or other boring map-preparing

Its a very dumb mod
I don't like the no regen mod. No matter what build I play I always reroll it if possible.
no regen is the only mod i cant do on any build. other mods depend on what build i play. things like burning/chilled/desecrated ground and reduced recovery is always annoying though
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on May 27, 2023, 3:46:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info